• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simzebu

I would probably have a heart attack if I ever had to drive on that.  :'( I can barely handle I-90 in Albany, and that has at most 4 per side. Of course, a big part of the problem is that the exits are way too close. And westbound lacks a C/D lane between exits 3+4. [linky] You basically have about 300 yards to merge into traffic, which if you're lucky is only going 60. Traffic there always gets backed up. And then the whole think leads into the Thruway tolls and the Northway, which are both complete messes.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

bat

Nice work on these textures there, Tarkus!
Wonderful work!

yoshiisland2

Wow Tarkus!  If those pics are from a month ago then I'm wondering what progress you've been evil enough to keep away from us since then. :D  Great progress shots, and an excellent job on becoming a SC4D admin! :thumbsup: &apls &apls

Kitsune

Quote from: Warrior on June 21, 2008, 08:47:28 AM
* Jaw Drops *

I've never seen a highway like that in RL or on the internet, and it's congested?!?!?

In a area with a Metro pop. of around 4.5m, theres only two and a half east - west highways, and one of them is heavily tolled, and considering the GTA is more aligned to a east-west axis, thats why a) the highway is so gosh damn wide and b) why its so congested. You dont even want to be on it when theres accident, as there has been cases for people getting stranded for hours because they get stuck between exits with no way out except to walk or wait for the highway to reopen.

Slight language edit . . . -Alex
~ NAM Team Member

MandelSoft

WOW! Nice wide RHW there Tarkus.

I made concrete median walls (Haljackey, you are gonna like this!  ;)) and some signage (American version will also be available). See attachements for some pics. The walls are just test versions, but all construcive critic is welcome.

And because this is my 250th post, I'll reveal my real name (because MRTNRLN seems hard to remember).

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ehbk2006

Cool, 10/10  :thumbsup:

Maybee you can use these signs as well:

My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Andreas

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 22, 2008, 05:38:43 AM
And because this is my 250th post, I'll reveal my real name (because MRTNRLN seems hard to remember).

Best,
Maarten

Hehe, this is really funny - with your real name revealed, your nickname is a lot easier to remember:

Maarten's real name ;)

I don't have anything particular to say about the latest development, since I don't have that much time to follow everything at the moment, but let me tell you that it's much appreciated. :)
Andreas

deathtopumpkins

Cool! Signs look great, I'll be anxiously waiting for the american version.
I do have one criticism about the walls though. On the curves, they're too pointy and stick through the lane, but other than that they're great.
Two questions though:
1. Do the walls and signs come together?
2. Are the walls going to be on the whole thing if you get them?
[I guess they would have to be, since they're t21'd]
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

bat

Nice walls and signs there, mrtnrln! Nice work!

pilotdaryl

mrtnrln: Looking nice!  If you'd like, I can provide you with links to some fonts used on American highway signs, British motorway signs and other highway signs.

j-dub

@Mrtnrln nice use of signage. For the walls, I would suggest using a more real detailed cement texture, maybe from the RHW Toll Gantry bat from Simtrop. Theres 3 to choose from in there, but their all Photoshop files.

Tarkus

Still going . . . slowly but surely . . .

The RHW-6C prototype in-game.  And before anyone asks, it will be getting barriers before the final release, so don't worry.

And a couple of more "month-old" screenies.

Yes, this here is fully draggable (including the overpasses):

Some of this stuff may end up in Version 21, and some of it may appear in Version 22--it's hard to tell at this point. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

cape44

AWESOME job Tarkus!!!!    :thumbsup:
You and the NAM team really change sc4 lifes!   &idea

- Capeside44
My first tutorial on TSC.com Beware in french language!

Have a look at the NAM Thread ==>  NWM
My région : San Francisco & suburb... coming soon on tsc.com

zotus

this looks awsome, can't wait for it to be released!!
Baked not fried

rusummer1

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on June 21, 2008, 06:18:56 AM
*We really need a wistling smiley*

And I thought the turnpike was big. That thing's humongous! That would be cool in SC4, my biggest so far is the same as yours, a multi RHW10.

Alex, texture-related PM coming your way.

Jersey Pike? haha

Great Work on the RHW cannont wait for it to be released!!
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

JoeST

Alex, that is looking INSANEly awesome there... OMG!

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Alfred.Jones

WOAH!!!!!!

That is AWESOME!!!

* Alfred.Jones wants!! $%Grinno$%

Sim City 4 Devotion

CasperVg

Looks nice, will there also be a normal puzzle-piece version of those elevated RHWs?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

deathtopumpkins

once again, we need a whistling smiley.

rusummer: Yep, that'd be the NJTP.

Ooh, draggable ERHW. Nice progress. The RHW6C especially looks good (with a barrier of course!).
And a nice sneak peak at the new texture on RHW2 in the corner of the last pic.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores