• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

I do think there is a way... never had the time to test it though.

TE the lot for road as normal, open the lot in the Reader. Find the exemplar with all the lotobject lines. Edit the type 7 (lines that start with 0x00000007). Edit rep 13 to 0x0000000B. Add a rep 16. Enter in the path IID.

Hal: The reason why only the OWR tiles are pathed is because a) there is no network under the other tiles b) custom paths should be defined for a lot like that.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

j-dub

Criticism Time! I don't see evidence of stop lights, warning lights, or yellow on that model. Rigga, please see attached.

In response to Hal's pic, that is seriously an old setup. If anyone made a RHW toll booth with that many lanes that setup with the merging should no longer necessary as we have bigger and better RHW's.

riiga

Quote from: Blue Lightning on December 29, 2009, 09:41:35 PM
... Edit rep 13 to 0x0000000B. Add a rep 16. Enter in the path IID.

Sorry, I didn't fully understand this. I've located the three LotObjectData lines I'm supposed to edit, but I don't understand exactly what I should edit.

Quote from: j-dub on December 29, 2009, 09:52:29 PM
Criticism Time! I don't see evidence of stop lights, warning lights, or yellow on that model. Rigga, please see attached.

Yes, I'm aware of this. The model isn't quite finished, so I'll add in what you suggested.

- riiga

Jonathan

For each line, double click it
which opens a window like this:

The highlighted box is the 13 "box" (rep) from the top (the first being 1 not 0 btw)
change that to 0x0000000B (this says the network is RHW, it is B for any RHW network)

Apply and save etc

If you want to do a RHW-4 tollbooth(You shouldn't need to do this for the RHW-2 as it is the default RHW network):
Then click Add
it will add a rep to the end (the 16th rep) and then it that type the IID of straight RHW-4 paths.

Jonathan

riiga

Jonathan and Blue Lightning: Thanks, it did the trick!  :)

without DrawPaths

and with DrawPaths

Now I'll just have to add what j-dub suggested, and then we'll have our first(?) RHW-2 toll booth.  ;)

- riiga

shanghai kid

Looking very good @riiga/denne ser kjempe bra ut @riiga :thumbsup: &apls &apls

Geir
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Korot

Johnathan, BL and/or Tarkus: Could you please tell us all what is the IID of the path for a RHW-4?
Riiga: It is good to see it functioning as it should, though it appears as if the guide-barriers are slightly offset onto the other lane (the westbound one in the picture, assuming the top is pointing north), I also have the feeling that the building is to narrow to work in for a human. If it is computer controlled however, there is no need for such a building, a simple post in the middle of the road would be enough, combined with a barrier to stop cars from passing by without paying of coure.

Regards,
Korot

riiga

Quote from: Korot on December 30, 2009, 08:50:14 AM
Riiga: It is good to see it functioning as it should, though it appears as if the guide-barriers are slightly offset onto the other lane (the westbound one in the picture, assuming the top is pointing north), I also have the feeling that the building is to narrow to work in for a human. If it is computer controlled however, there is no need for such a building, a simple post in the middle of the road would be enough, combined with a barrier to stop cars from passing by without paying of coure.

Regards,
Korot

I checked the dimensions of the building, and it's 1.8 meters wide. So, a human should fit inside without problem.  ;)

Anyway, here's the finished toll booth:

One more question, what capacity should I use? Currently the value is 1600 or whatever was the default.

- riiga

Korot

What's the capacity of the RHW in Z Ultra? I think that one is best to use, as it is the highest capacity, and thus would suit all other Traffic Simulators.

Regards,
Korot

Blue Lightning

Korot and/or anyone else:
Here is a table of IIDs for all the ground RHW networks:

Network                  IID         Network runs in direction of (North/South Bound)
RHW-2                5e004b00   N/A
RHW-4                5eb4b100   Runs SB
RHW-6S              5ec7b100   Runs NB
RHW-6C Median    5ec4b100   N/A
RHW-6C Edge       5ec5b100   Runs SB
RHW-8S Median    5ed5b100   Runs NB
RHW-8S Edge       5ed4b100   Runs NB
RHW-10 Median    5ef5b100    Runs NB
RHW-10 Edge       5ef4b100    Runs NB
MIS-1                 5de4b100   Runs SB

Riiga: That looks great!
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

canyonjumper

That will be a useful addition to the game. I think I am correct in saying that this is the first RHW toll booth, right? So this is a great accomplishment. Nice work riiga!
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

SimNation

Fantastic Riga! I hope you make some huge tolls for the rest of the RHW 4,6,8, and 10.

riiga

Thanks all who commented on my toll booth!

Here's something for our American users ;)

I'll probably release it on the STEX tomorrow, since I don't have uploading rights on the LEX.

- riiga

Monorail Master

AWESOME! Cant wait

EDIT: Any plans for a RHW-4 tool booth?

Also, I hope that some one can make a time-controlled prop for the toll gates. And make a second version with those in it
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

deathtopumpkins

Oooh! Very nice! :D I will download it immediately when released.

My only minor criticism is the color of the stop bar and word "STOP." In the US, they would both be white. ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

riiga

Quote from: Monorail Master on December 30, 2009, 03:28:08 PM
AWESOME! Cant wait

EDIT: Any plans for a RHW-4 tool booth?

Also, I hope that some one can make a time-controlled prop for the toll gates. And make a second version with those in it

Well, time will tell. I need to teach myself how to do custom pathing first...

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on December 30, 2009, 03:36:30 PM
Oooh! Very nice! :D I will download it immediately when released.

My only minor criticism is the color of the stop bar and word "STOP." In the US, they would both be white. ;)

I was unsure about the color, but I'll correct that before release tomorrow. ;)

- riiga

imperialmog

I was looking at the toll booth and also for an American version a different sign is also needed for the divider instead of the blue arrow. A keep right sign would be posted there.

Haljackey

Anyone notice this?

Quote from: Tarkus on April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Great new name, Alex!  I was always pulling for the RHW to maintain its initials, so "Real" or "Realistic" makes perfect sense to me.

Also, great work on the toll developments, riiga!

Tarkus

riiga, fantastic work on the toll booth there--I'm sure it will prove a very popular addon! :thumbsup:

And I'm glad you caught the new banner, Haljackey--I was wondering when someone was going to notice. :D  Figured it was time to end the ambiguity in time for the new year/decade.  The RHW will also be celebrating its 5th year in 2010--thanks for all the support over the years and I'd like to wish everyone here a truly Happy New Year! 

I'll end this post with a rough look at progress on the new default US texture set.  This still needs "puzzle-darkening" and "RKT3-ing" (I love inventing terms :D), but it'll give you an idea of the "new look" of the RHW-6C-to-8 transition that jmvl contributed for Version 4.0. 

-Alex

io_bg

Nice job on the puzzle piece and on the new RHW textures! The new logo is great as well :) Happy New year to everyone! :party:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November