• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

A lot of RUL2 work beyond the basics is extremely difficult to divide between people. Each chunk of RUL code is usually written by a single person - and its usually in their own style, in terms of override logic (do we override this into this which turns into this or do we override this to make that?), and even commenting/documenting the code (not to mention a lot of code goes undocumented - its just "this code does this" and has a large chunk of code following it)

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 03, 2011, 02:21:12 PM
FE planned to release their own mods, but we haven't heard anything in over more than a year ago.

They're completely defunct.  Gone. That video (almost 2 years ago now) was basically their "last gasp". They were primarily working on a competitor to the RHW, which, from what I know, basically at the level of RHW Version 2.0 with a few extra bells and whistles.  Between RHW Version 3.0 catching them off guard, and a massive hemorrhaging of their membership ranks around that same time (just about everyone worth saving from that group is on the NAM Team or Associates now), they were put in permanent catch-up mode and they couldn't recover. 

I don't like to speak ill of people, but given the way the two core members of that group (the "team leader" and the "lead modder") treated me during their brief tenure on the NAM Team (e.g. going on a tirade against me on the NAM Private Board when I went offline for a few days to focus on schoolwork; frequent obscenity-laden PMs), the way they treated their teammates in FX (much the same way), and the mess they created in their wake, I can't say I'm the least bit sad they're gone.  Life is too short to deal with people like that, especially in the pursuit of a hobby.

Fortunately, on a much more pleasant note, I'm very glad to say that no one currently on the NAM Team and Associates is anything like that.  They're all good folks who I'm proud to call colleagues and friends, and it's truly a pleasure working with them. 

And it goes without saying that I'm looking forward to sharing our latest batch of creations with the public very soon.  It's almost time to spring the "i-word". ::)

-Alex

io_bg

Quote from: Tarkus on September 04, 2011, 12:40:43 AMIt's almost time to spring the "i-word". ::)
You mean imminent, don't you? :D Ooh, I can't wait %BUd%
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

MandelSoft

^^ Could be any day, depending on how many bugs we can find. The most serious bugs are gone now, but there are still some left. We do our best to find and solve as much bugs as we can, so you wouldn't get situations like this:

(FYI, this issue is already solved in the latest build, which would be RHW v5.0 Alpha Build 12)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ramona Brie

The mere fact that we are on build 12 should say something about how close we are (remember Tarkus's post detailing how typical NAM cycles go through 12 alphas?).

Paul 999

I just got a weird problem against. The viaduct with one lane is incorrect pathed. How can i fix it?

Also it is not possible to build the tram under the overpasses. But that is a known problem. Is this possible in the next version?

Nanami

When I built RHW system, I have to wait about 45-60 seconds every time I built MIS system. and is getting longer to wait when there's more MIS network.
Is there anyway to solve this bug?

oh yeah I use left hand game and NAM.

jibjohn

@mrtnrln

are these trunk road/driver location markers on your picture part of the new release or a separate t-21?
John

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: 976 on September 04, 2011, 09:02:01 AM
When I built RHW system, I have to wait about 45-60 seconds every time I built MIS system. and is getting longer to wait when there's more MIS network.

The NAM and all its plugins (RHW, NWM, etc) have LHD support for LHD users. Are you sure you have that installed?

Also, if you have the Extra Cheats DLL, use the drawpaths cheat; If there are no green paths (or if they're facing the wrong way), then you certainly have a problem.

Quote from: jibjohn on September 04, 2011, 09:18:42 AM
are these trunk road/driver location markers on your picture part of the new release or a separate t-21?

I thought that was just a speck on his images... :-[ But usually, those kinds of T21s would be separate.

Quote from: Paul 999 on September 04, 2011, 08:51:05 AM
I just got a weird problem against. The viaduct with one lane is incorrect pathed. How can i fix it?

Clearly you have a problem because the arrows are all wrong. Have you tried re-drawing either the MIS or the OWR-3?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

Quote from: jibjohn on September 04, 2011, 09:18:42 AM
@mrtnrln
[image]
John
Actually, they are reflector posts or cat's eyes, something like this:

In continental Europe you can find these anywhere outside urban areas, and standard on freeways. I know, in the UK, US and Australia, cat's eyes are often placed in the road surface itself, rather than mounted on posts.

The mod is only an experiment, and much needs to be done...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Quote from: Tracker on September 04, 2011, 08:45:48 AM
The mere fact that we are on build 12 should say something about how close we are (remember Tarkus's post detailing how typical NAM cycles go through 12 alphas?).

12 is an average.  The 13th or 14th build on the RHW will probably be the public release, and it's likely there will only be minor changes then.  The NWM is on its 11th (12th nearing completion)--it'll be the 13th or 14th that goes public there as well.  The NAM Core process usually works very differently.  There's often a lot of updates to individual files within it, but the whole thing doesn't really get compiled until toward the end, when it goes through a few "release candidates".  The controller has gone through a lot more builds--the version in NAM Version 29 is r86, and I just completed r125 last night.

Quote from: Paul 999 on September 04, 2011, 08:51:05 AM

Also it is not possible to build the tram under the overpasses. But that is a known problem. Is this possible in the next version?

That's not a pathing problem--it's a RUL stability problem.  Your MIS flipped direction in the midst of those overpasses (though it's harder to tell with the Euro textures).  ERHW-over-Tram will be possible in the next release, though I don't know that there will necessarily be stability in place to stably have a EMIS go over an OWR-3 next to GLR next to another OWR-3.  You can probably fix it by clicking around the vicinity--usually, that'll get the RULs to resolve to the correct situation in cases like that.

Quote from: 976 on September 04, 2011, 09:02:01 AM
Is there anyway to solve this bug?

oh yeah I use left hand game and NAM.

From the sounds of it, there's some missing path files on your end--make sure you've installed the RHW's left-hand drive plugin as well, and don't have any outdated bridge controllers (which contain all the LHD path remapping info) floating around (the MIS once required separate LHD paths due to a blanket remap that was once in place circa RHW 2.0--that was changed such that separate LHD paths were no longer required sometime before RHW 3.0).  Use the DrawPaths cheat on it to see what's up with it--there should be green arrows there if it's working.

-Alex

drjumbajookiba

Doing great, keep up the good work
ps looking forwards to RHW 5.0 and NWM 2.0
&apls ;D
Live Out loud For God

Jack_wilds

Quote from: Tarkus on September 04, 2011, 12:40:43 AM
And it goes without saying that I'm looking forward to sharing our latest batch of creations with the public very soon.  It's almost time to spring the "i-word". ::)
-Alex

OH NO not the 'i-word'!!  &cry2   $%Grinno$%  whats the 'i-word' ()what()   :P... looking forward to NAM-day2011 it ought to be a real hoot!

metarvo

I see we're to this stage now.  :)  I'm already planning to set aside free time when the big day comes.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

Quote from: Jack_wilds on September 04, 2011, 01:23:23 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on September 04, 2011, 12:40:43 AM
-Alex

OH NO not the 'i-word'!!  &cry2   $%Grinno$%  whats the 'i-word' ()what()   :P... looking forward to NAM-day2011 it ought to be a real hoot!

The "I-word", which Alex definitely had a lot of fun with last time around, is:

Imminent.  We're gonna have a blast, folks.

jdenm8

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 04, 2011, 09:53:16 AM
I know, in Australia, cat's eyes are often placed in the road surface itself, rather than mounted on posts.

Actually, they're usually mounted on posts in addition to on the road surface here, but it all depends on the status of the road. Local and Main roads are less likely to have the pole mounted cat's eyes while Motorways and Highways are far more likely to have both.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

ivo_su

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 04, 2011, 05:15:01 PM
Quote from: mrtnrln on September 04, 2011, 09:53:16 AM
I know, in Australia, cat's eyes are often placed in the road surface itself, rather than mounted on posts.

Actually, they're usually mounted on posts in addition to on the road surface here, but it all depends on the status of the road. Local and Main roads are less likely to have the pole mounted cat's eyes while Motorways and Highways are far more likely to have both.

jdenm8 what the hell that your new avatar? Are you what they think and you can now upload 30,5.0 and 2.0?
About cat's eyes - I think that they are unsuitable for use where it snows, because when snowplows go and clean the way they extort these useful devices. Hardly in Australia have similar problems but here in Europe, these gadgets can not withstand more than one winter, but replacing them is expensive.

- Ivo

noahclem

@ivo_su - I'm sorry but I think your comments toward jdenm8 are extremely rude. I speak for myself and not the NAM development team, but please stop saying things like that. Very inappropriate.

ivo_su

Quote from: noahclem on September 04, 2011, 06:14:01 PM
@ivo_su - I'm sorry but I think your comments toward jdenm8 are extremely rude. I speak for myself and not the NAM development team, but please stop saying things like that. Very inappropriate.

Extremely  rough it ??
Wow I tried to be ironic and I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, maybe not deal sufficiently with the English words for which I apologize. Maybe when I saw Stone Cold Steve Austin I'm left with the belief that in America "hell" is not a bad expression is used as slang for a big surprise.

Best wishes
- Ivo