• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: ivo_su on May 03, 2012, 12:39:08 PM
Regarding the discussion on C-type bridges, perhaps the opinion of the Shadow Assassin is the right way.

Except for one thing: Capacity.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

Except for one thing: Capacity.

Thanks for info Ganaram

GDO29Anagram

I'd like to bring up the two methods of building 6C bridges: Zero-slope and overhangs. We can't seem to agree on a single method...

Zero-slope
- Pros: Retains proper capacity.
- Cons: Has to be built the same way as diagonal bridges.

Overhangs
- Pros: Easier to build.
- Cons: Diminished capacity and overhanging paths are tricky.

Quote from: gn_leugim on May 03, 2012, 01:01:15 PM
How wide is the deck?

More than two tiles. Behold the magic of overhanging models.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Blue Lightning

It's not hard to use both methods - exemplars can reference the same model ;)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

gn_leugim

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 03, 2012, 02:47:00 PM

Quote from: gn_leugim on May 03, 2012, 01:01:15 PM
How wide is the deck?

More than two tiles. Behold the magic of overhanging models.

I ask because, well...

very early stages
XD

GDO29Anagram

:o

In that case, you'll be needing the exact numbers... I don't know what they are but there should be some sample textures that came with the RHW that you can make measurements off of.

It should be 16 meters plus however wide the overhang is, times two.
<INACTIVE>
-----

jondor

Each half of the RHW-6S is 20.5m from the tile edge on the median side to the end of the overhang.

The lanes are 4.5m wide, so each S network is 4.5m larger than the previous one with the RHW-4 starting at 16m for one full tile.

Also for reference, the C networks are exactly 1m less than the full width of the corresponding S network. EX: RHW-6C is 40m = (2 x 20.5) - 1
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

MandelSoft

I just exported and imported the ERHW-6S models so I have the exact dimensions of that network.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

Well my deck itself is 32m wide, and not all is reserved for road, it has some "sidewalk" space (1,5m each side).

Anyway, that model is just experimental, still studying the model. the RL bridge I am basing in can not be fully replicated thou, because it is curved, the heigh of the deck changed along the bridge and it is very long (the main deck alone is as long as 420 m,almost half small city tile for reference) I have to adapt it largely. And by the way, this is the RL bridge: Vasco da Gama Bridge and it is found here Map

GDO29Anagram

Well, 32 meters is enough for an RHW-4 with all the shoulders preserved. It's possible to confine the lanes of a 6S in that space, but that would require narrowing of the shoulders, which is what I'm seeing in Google Street View.

The tricky part is transitioning from RHW-6S to "NRHW-6S" on the bridge approaches.
<INACTIVE>
-----

gn_leugim

I can always make the model wider to fit the RHW-6C parameters, that is, 40m. But I would also need some orientations maybe, to how I should model it, for the overhanging approach don't you think?

jondor

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 05, 2012, 01:24:01 AM
I just exported and imported the ERHW-6S models so I have the exact dimensions of that network.

The current ERHW-6S models are actually the wrong size, so don't count your chickens before they're hatched.  The total deck width should be and will be 20.5m once I get done with them.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

MandelSoft

^^ Doesn't matter; the textures themselves will always show correctly. Since the ERHW-6S textures have no transparency, they are cut off model-wise, which is exactly what I used at my bridge ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

chosenreject

with all of these great bridges coming out, is there any chance of a "less plain"(for lack of a better word) looking DDRHW bridge?  :) Ether way i am always very happy with any material you all release. thanks for doing the hard work :thumbsup:

Tarkus

There aren't any in the works, to my knowledge, but it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

-Alex

Haljackey

RealHighway Interchange Guide

At last, the new Real Highway (RHW) Interchange Guide board has been completed! All RHW interchange tutorials throughout the SimCity 4 community can be found there.

Each guide has been indexed by type, and organized in a way that it is easily accessible from the table of contents.

You can find the new board here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=419.0

citybuilderx

Because the RHW-DD is based on the rail network, would it be possible to have a road deck and a rail deck on a bridge?  ::)
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: citybuilderx on May 08, 2012, 11:52:27 AM
Because the RHW-DD is based on the rail network, would it be possible to have a road deck and a rail deck on a bridge?  ::)

Theoretically possible, but useless considering we don't have DTR-over-Road or DTR-in-Road (which, in my opinion, is far too uncommon).

Plus, it's been done, except with Tram-in-Road.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Moonraker0

Well, what about the rail-under-road dual networking?  The underground railway could just come out of the slope under the road, and it would be a double decker bridge based on a network we already have.  Now I'm going off topic, though, so I'll say no more.  Anyway, it will be extremely useful to have at least that RHW-6S bridge, especially a compact 2-tile version.  I'm even more excited about those wider RHW bridges (8S and 10S if it's being worked on).  It'll be nice to have bridges stop being huge bottlenecks.

vinlabsc3k

Good work Maarten and gn_leugim &apls, we very need more RHW bridges ;) and I hope Alex (Tarkus) is on the way with P57. &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!