• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tim's Edited Lot's

Started by ofptim, February 04, 2010, 04:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Great lotting! &apls How about uploading these pathways to the STEX? ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ofptim

here is another one, with a bit les trees and a ped bridge. About sharing, i probably will share them, but only after i started my CJ with the lot's and i will also release them in packs.

thingfishs

I think that looks great &apls

Seeing the uniformity of the textures there has a real hit of reality about it for me. As has been mentioned a whole area wouldn't be the same like that: but a redeveloped street by a local council would. I think the bridge helps, and the thinning of the trees and the purple rather than red props. That prop collection looks fantastic as well btw and I'm sure one of my councils will end up adopting this style.

gottago

Great lotting work!  :thumbsup:

Just one thing is off--when you make long stretches of sidewalk lined with the same tree model, you should rotate them so that they don't all look like clones.  ;)

ofptim

Quote from: gottago on February 11, 2010, 04:52:30 PM
Great lotting work!  :thumbsup:

Just one thing is off--when you make long stretches of sidewalk lined with the same tree model, you should rotate them so that they don't all look like clones.  ;)

good point about the rotating, i normally do it when creating lot's but probabely forgot it here because the sidewalks are all 1x1 lot's, so i didn't see all the trees in lot editor, thx for pointing it out :)

gottago

Yeah, that's the downfall of making only 1-tile wide sidewalk lots, you get that unrealistic repetition. When I do them, I make a 1-tile and a 3-tile long version and plop and rotate them randomly to avoid that problem.

ofptim

Today i created some parking lot's and driveways for inner city ussage, so with plaza as base texture.

I also created some bus stops, also for inner city usage

ofptim

Another Update, i have created some dividers to put between one way roads mainly, there are lot's with different size of trees

I have also created dividers to use between avenue and smaller street with shops, residential housing or offices.

ofptim

I final update for today, i created something else now, a set of lot's to use in industrial or commercial area's behind shops. all lot's use prop fammily's.

FrankU

Wow Tim, these lots wioll be really very useful in many cities. You do a real great job.
I have one advice: maybe you could add some market stalls, frietkramen, newsstands etc to your avenue divider lots.  &apls &apls

WC_EEND

Quote from: FrankU on February 15, 2010, 08:06:54 AM
maybe you could add some market stalls, frietkramen, newsstands etc to your avenue divider lots.

that would make it quintessentially Belgian  ;D
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

ofptim

I already created a series of lot's with that on. i will post pictures of the next series later today.

a Filler serie to use between medium-high wealth medium-high rise commerical, residential area's.
a Food series for the same use as the lot's above
also a small serie of wide avenue dividers.
I also started creating a outer city serie with more green to use in medium-high wealth residential series out of the city center.

First going to work on a mathematic analyse of the financial crisis... studies :)

ofptim

Hey all, Here an update with some pics

a Filler serie to use between medium-high wealth medium-high rise commerical, residential area's.
a Food series for the same use as the lot's above

a serie of road side/building side plaza's

also a small serie of wide avenue dividers.

I also started creating a outer city serie with more green to use in medium-high wealth residential series out of the city center.

ofptim

One more small set in addition to the green sets in previous post, these lot's are to use beside roads, also i made some bus stops to fit in.

Meastro444

Zeer mooi!

What sidewalk texture is that? I haven't found it.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

ofptim

I don't have a link, i once downloaded them, it's a package of 8 textures wich replace all sidewalks. I also use the texture for my other lots, the nice thing is that i can just replace the current texture on all my sidewalks and lot's by just replacing one plugin file :)

Edit:http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21681 is the set i use

FrankU

The textures are the BSC parks textures. So the lots you make will fit perfectly to the BSC parks, which will add to the utopain atmosphere of the cities. I like that very much indeed.

opftim, you really are a duizendpoot! Beautiful lots, all of them!  &apls