• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terrain Mod Troubleshooting

Started by SeanSC4, August 30, 2011, 05:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSC4

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this issue. I'm using the Canyonlands terrain mod in my region. I've been using it without any issues whatsoever up until yesterday. As of yesterday, I open up a region tile and the elevation textures being applied to the tile as a whole are different than they were based on previous saves (at least that is what I think is happening).

Here is a snapshot of the portion of the region view with the tile in question:

As you can see, it is a large tile that is mainly green in color with some reddish tones at the very highest elevations.

When I open the tile now however, we have the following:

The tile is now showing a different set of height textures being applied to the tile area.

This issue is now evident in any tiles that I open. Tiles which have terrain at lower elevations are now showing different texture colors than they did based in their last saves. I'm using an uneditted terrain controller and I've changed nothing within my plugins folder recently.

I am hardly an expert on the terrain controllers and know some of you are far more versed in their makeup and behavior. Any thoughts?

Please help if possible.

Lowkee33

This would happen if you used a lower-sea-level mod.

As a side, you are safe in saving these tiles.  Terrain can be changed at any time.

SeanSC4

Thanks for the reply Lowkee33. I found that the culprit was a beach extender mod I somehow had in my plugins folder. 

Lowkee33

You could make the beach extender compatible with the canyon lands mod by making the beach mod's Temperature Range Factor equal to the one in the CP mod (or perhaps change the CP mod's beach settings is better).

Actually, if you do something like this you wont need to have two Terrain Controllers at all, bypassing the compatibility thing.