• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Mapper not working properly, HELP!!

Started by R.C113, March 03, 2012, 01:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.C113

So I have installed the SC4 Mapper onto my C: Drive but the application seems to have trouble functioning properly. As I open the application it begins to start showing me the NHP New Horizon Production, but then nothing pops up. I really want to use this tool because creating a region of these magnitudes can be rather time consuming and difficult. So SC4 Mapper can be convenient. I have Windows 7 so SC4 Terraformer won,t work because it is only for XP. Any information would help, how do I make this work??

jdenm8

It doesn't work due to an oversight by the original programmer, however there are ways to spoon-feed the program so it reads data from the correct places.

I assume that you know how to create a BAT (Batch) file?

Open Notepad, Paste this into it:
set USERPROFILE=%USERPROFILE:Users=Documents And Settings%
SC4Mapper.exe

Save it in the folder that you installed Mapper to, changing the file extension from TXT to BAT (Save it as something like StartMapper.bat , Notepad will know what you want to do).
Run this new file (It is executable) and Mapper should start correctly.

As for Mapper itself, it can't actually modify terrain, only import PNG/BMP files and convert them to Regions or view existing regions.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

R.C113

Thank you so much for that information. I actually figured it out last night and got the SC4 Mapper to work, but now I have another problem. So I started a city and as use the normal road and one way road pieces I get this unusual problem. Avenue and rail pieces work fine and I though that adding a slope mod would solve my problem but that wasn't the answer. Here is a picture that is demonstrating my problem. Can you or anybody determine why this is happening? 

jdenm8

Remove the Diagonal Bridge Enabler, or use the DBE Toggler DLL to disable the DBE.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MOREOPTIONS

That's related to the NAM,  You possable have the remnant's of a bridge mod going in your game.
Quote from: R.C113 on March 04, 2012, 02:47:46 AM
Thank you so much for that information. I actually figured it out last night and got the SC4 Mapper to work, but now I have another problem. So I started a city and as use the normal road and one way road pieces I get this unusual problem. Avenue and rail pieces work fine and I though that adding a slope mod would solve my problem but that wasn't the answer. Here is a picture that is demonstrating my problem. Can you or anybody determine why this is happening?