• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunv123

Teaser

Experimenting with GIMP. Guess what's coming up. ;)

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

sunv123

I'm sorry for the gap in updates, it seems like I have gotten sick and I do not have the stregnth to play SC4.

I will try my best to get better, I hope that you understand. I really am upset that this has happened during my OSITM run, but This is RL.

I might be able to squeeze in an update or two in the last few days, but I will try my best. ;)

Swordmaster

Don't worry Victor, we're right here when you get better. Health always comes first.

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

Nature Trip

Welcome back after a break. I am still recovering my from my Illness, but I thought that I could squeeze in an update. :)

Pic 1.

Pic 2.

Pic 3.

Pic 4.

Pic 5.

Pic. 6. ;D

Pic 7.

Now we're moving to a more "urban" environment.

Graham Park

Pic 8.

Pic 9.

Pic 10.

Pic 11.

Pic 12.

Now moving to Downtown La Crosse. (Not a recreation) :D

Pic 13.

Pic 14.

Who doesn't like canoeing near the downtown?? :D

Pic 15.

Replies!!!!

Quote from: rambuckel on February 19, 2013, 01:48:18 PM
WOW! I should have stopped by earlier!!! This MD is developing quite fast :) Your forest scenes are brilliant! And that creek is really well done as well! That must have cost you much patience! My favorite so far is the lighthouse. I'd love to sit there, watching the waves coming onto the land!

Keep on your great work!  &apls &apls  &apls
I'm glad that you think that I have improved. ()stsfd() It's always great to see you stop by. BTW, Galloway forest is looking great! :)

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 20, 2013, 07:06:26 AM
Hmm, I admire your courage. I'm getting the same results as you, with a lot of texture overlap (those hatching lines). Last picture you seem to have gotten it right (a longer stretch than I've managed so far). I also think you need different rocks, preferably HD. Keep at it (and share some tricks :D).

Cheers
Willy

Thanks, Willy. :) Yeah, those hatching lines are really annoying. I've found some HD rocks, but they don't seem to fir my needs. But it is still better than having no rocks. :D

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 26, 2013, 08:28:40 AM
Don't worry Victor, we're right here when you get better. Health always comes first.

Cheers
Willy
Thanks, buddy. Thanks for that assuring comment. :)

Aw, my OSITM run is ending tomorrow. :'( I might be able to squeeze in another update, but for right now, I hope that you enjoyed! :)

Girafe

I love floral updates  ;)

First time I see the common spruces, it seems they fit well with other flora items.

Good job  :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

Hmm, ducks and swans ;D   Pic 3 - you've gone too far. Dangerous trees :D

Good OSITM!

Cheers
Willy

Shroud

Your pics are stunning! I know how hard the RFR water is to get right but you certainly got it working perfectly.  &apls

vortext

You seem to be getting the hang of mmps!! Very pleasant nature scenes.  &apls

Also, I actually quite like the urban canoeing pic! And all things considered it was a very enjoyable ositm!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

RickD

I love the nature and all the small details. Get well soon.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Beautiful work  &apls  The nature scenes are excellent and the city looks great as well. Quite the run of OSITM  :thumbsup:

samerton

Incredible! This looks very realistic, I love it, and I hope you get well soon :)

sunv123

Thank you all for joining me on this very special occasion!!! It has been an honour having this OSITM spotlight. It was something that I had never imagined.

Thanks all, that's all I can say.

Now let's see who the next OSITMers are!  :thumbsup:

rooker1

It was a lot of fun following you and your MD.
I like the damn in the last update, great work.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

sunv123

Flower Power

Yes, it is a weird name, but today's update is about an alpine meadow!

Pic 16.

Pic 17.

Pic 18.

Pic 19.

Pic 20.

Pic 21.

Pic 22. A small mountain pond.

Pic 23.

Pic 24.

Pic 25.

Pic 26

Pic 27.

That's it for today, Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Replies

Quote from: Girafe on February 27, 2013, 01:33:00 PM
I love floral updates  ;)

First time I see the common spruces, it seems they fit well with other flora items.

Good job  :)
Oh, it's Mother nature's son! :O I'm so glad to see you here. Yes, your Spruces work beautifully with your other items, working together for an amazing scene.

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 27, 2013, 04:51:31 PM
Hmm, ducks and swans ;D   Pic 3 - you've gone too far. Dangerous trees :D

Good OSITM!

Cheers
Willy
Yep, I love em' :D Oh, yeah. Those trees. $%Grinno$%

Quote from: Shroud on February 28, 2013, 04:33:37 AM
Your pics are stunning! I know how hard the RFR water is to get right but you certainly got it working perfectly.  &apls
Thanks and welcome to my MD! :) Yeah, the RFR can be a pain in your butt, but with practice and experimenting, the hard work pays off and your get such an amazing scene. :)

Quote from: vortext on February 28, 2013, 05:05:41 AM
You seem to be getting the hang of mmps!! Very pleasant nature scenes.  &apls

Also, I actually quite like the urban canoeing pic! And all things considered it was a very enjoyable ositm!  :thumbsup:
Thanks, Erik. ;D Oh, glad you liked it! When I was making that scene, I thought up of both Urban and rural at the same time and thought, "hey, why not combine them?". So I did just that and i'm proud of it. ()stsfd()

Quote from: RickD on February 28, 2013, 05:16:07 AM
I love the nature and all the small details. Get well soon.  :)
Thanks for the kind words and the get-well soon! :)

Quote from: noahclem on February 28, 2013, 12:21:24 PM
Beautiful work  &apls  The nature scenes are excellent and the city looks great as well. Quite the run of OSITM  :thumbsup:
Thanks, man. ;D Glad you enjoyed the OSITM run. :)

Quote from: samerton on February 28, 2013, 12:35:44 PM
Incredible! This looks very realistic, I love it, and I hope you get well soon :)
Thanks, Sam! :) And welcome to my MD!

Quote from: rooker1 on March 01, 2013, 05:06:17 AM
It was a lot of fun following you and your MD.
I like the damn in the last update, great work.

Robin
Thanks, Robin. :) Glad you had as much fun as I during my run! :)

Also, I'd like to hear some constructive criticism. What do you like and what do you dislike? How can I improve what I did? Thanks.

Swordmaster

Ah, other games. They've come and they've gone. I urge you to stay away from it and focus on something as durable as SC4. Especially seeing how good you're becoming at it.

Happy St Patty's!

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

sim_link

Your MMPing skills are stunning - beautiful work. All the small details in your cities are amazing. Great work!  ;D

vortext

Dude, there're like . . . flowers everywhere man . . .  /&HiPP/% :D

Seriously though, nice work with the rock clusters and the little pond is pretty, too!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

RickD

Very nice! Great combination of MMPs.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)