• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunv123

Today, I have a quick question for you guys.

I'm looking for an airport terminal that looks nice and modern. I've already got the terminal set from the ABC - VLT pack. I can't find any on the STEX or anything like briplazza, etc.

There might be one on a Japanese site, but I haven't checked yet.

Any help would be highly appreciated! :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

sunv123

Sorry for the double post, but i'm just dropping by to say that i'm still alive and so is my MD. Right now, I guess i'll call it a "hibernation" as RL has been pushing me to the limits.

Though, I still might have some time to show you some progress pics today, but there probably (there might ;)) isn't going to be another full update until the end of May/Early June.

Thanks all.

sim_link

I know how you feel. Best of luck with everything in RL - my hectic RL schedule just let up recently. Look forward to your return, whenever that may be. :)

sunv123

Terrisburgh Interchange

Alright, i'm back! ;D After all those RL pains, I finally have enough time to run Riverton again.

Terrisburgh is a new quad i've been working on in a new region i'm working on. It borders the main city of  _ _ _ _ _ _ _, and is the largest of the 4 suburb cities surrounding it. I'll be showing you the "awkward" interchange that was built in the 1980s and hasn't been changed much at all since it was built. The interchange features Highway 132(coming  from the north) and Highway 15, the region's main East-West Highway. (coming from the east and west)

Who said a highway had to look like a highway?

Yes, that wasn't much, but as we get more and more into summer, i'll have the time I need to perfect my quads and bring you the best i can do.

Replies will come next update ;)

Swordmaster

Good to see you back! Nice interchange, but I demand an overview picture :P

Cheers
Willy

sc-4

I recently read your whole MD , and one thing to say ,  it's great !

Call me Ludo

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

sunv123

You asked for it, so you get it. :P

And what's the big black space?

Swordmaster

Great! (And I see some nice street curves ;) )

The black space is where one of Terring's space ships is hidden. (Hence why it's called Black Space.)

Cheers
Willy

PS: Those rail slopes are a bit tough.  Sorry &mmm

sunv123

North Greshham

Today, i'll be showing you a new quad i've been working on,  a few tiles north of Terrisburgh

(I'll be experimenting with GIMP in this update ;D)

Now for some night shots ;D

That's it for today, hope you enjoyed! :)

Replies

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 17, 2013, 03:49:33 PM
Ah, other games. They've come and they've gone. I urge you to stay away from it and focus on something as durable as SC4. Especially seeing how good you're becoming at it.

Happy St Patty's!

Cheers
Willy

Thanks, Willy. SC4 Is one thing that is sure to stay ;)

Quote from: Gugu3 on March 17, 2013, 04:02:28 PM
Well done!very nice MMP &apls

Thanks!

Quote from: Schulmanator on March 17, 2013, 06:14:57 PM
Very cheerful pix. I like it. :D

Thanks, Bruce :)

Quote from: sim_link on March 18, 2013, 06:32:01 AM
Your MMPing skills are stunning - beautiful work. All the small details in your cities are amazing. Great work!  ;D

Thanks for the kind words, Simlink! ;D

Quote from: vortext on March 24, 2013, 12:38:01 PM
Dude, there're like . . . flowers everywhere man . . .  /&HiPP/% :D

Seriously though, nice work with the rock clusters and the little pond is pretty, too!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Erik! Gotta love those flowers! :D

Quote from: sim_link on May 16, 2013, 08:06:15 AM
I know how you feel. Best of luck with everything in RL - my hectic RL schedule just let up recently. Look forward to your return, whenever that may be. :)

Thanks Simlink! Life is like a Ferris wheel, sometimes it's high, and sometimes it's low. Guess, i'm back in the highs :)

Quote from: Swordmaster on June 01, 2013, 12:32:01 PM
Good to see you back! Nice interchange, but I demand an overview picture :P

Cheers
Willy

Thanks Willy! Glad to be back :)

Quote from: sc-4 on June 01, 2013, 12:36:28 PM
I recently read your whole MD , and one thing to say ,  it's great !

Thanks! Glad you liked it :)

Quote from: Schulmanator on June 01, 2013, 07:02:42 PM
Impressive. I really need my GPS!

Ah, it is one heck of an interchange I must say. :P Thanks for stopping by!

Quote from: Swordmaster on June 02, 2013, 04:50:49 PM
Great! (And I see some nice street curves ;) )

The black space is where one of Terring's space ships is hidden. (Hence why it's called Black Space.)

Cheers
Willy

PS: Those rail slopes are a bit tough.  Sorry &mmm

Close, but not quite ;). I love those street curves <3

about the rail slops, i've tried to fix them and now IMO they look a lot better.

vortext

Someone has been busy!  :D

The little bike shop is way cool and the night shots are excellent! &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kelis

WOW, you've got an amazing city, it looks really BIG !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

sunv123

A New Beginning

Old things come and go and i'm afraid i'll have to say the same with Riverton. North Gresham may be the last update in the Riverton region...

Because we're going to start a Growth MD, Provo! ;D ;D ;D

(Didn't want to make the post too big lol)

This MD will be taking place in a small town on the Pacific coast in Canada and we'll watch it grow to a ________. Hope you like the concept and we'll begin right away. :thumbsup:

Provo

Welcome to Provo, Pop. 2,298. April 12, 1956.

April 12, 1956. M. P. Enderson Railway Co. had a recently built a rail line from the larger city of Landon to the east to the small mining town of Redstone to the North. The residents of Provo had been in isolation until S-23 was built, but the road wasn't built to accommodate larger freight trucks and large vehicles. A rail spur to the city would be a major step in adding businesses to Provo. The Mayor held a meeting with the Mr. Enderson and some popular businesses in Provo to sort out construction of the rail line.

June 23, 1956. M. P. Enderson had agreed to build small rail terminus south of Downtown Provo at the cost of 2,000 dollars, or around 12,000 dollars today. It would include a parking area, one restaurant and a 3 ticket stands.

July 30, 1956, Construction began on the Spur line and the terminus.

May 4, 1957. The Terminus had been completed and was now serving the cities of Landon and Victoria.

The Terminus had been a huge success during the 3 years after it opened. New businesses and residents came to Provo, making the Population just from 2,298 in 1956 to 4, 672 in 1960, a 103% increase from 1957.

Provo after the Terminus was built.

An Overview of the Terminus and the surrounding areas. Downtown is to the right.

Hope you enjoyed! ;D

Replies

Quote from: vortext on July 03, 2013, 12:40:49 PM
Someone has been busy!  :D

The little bike shop is way cool and the night shots are excellent! &apls

Thanks Erik, i'd have to agree with the bike shop :thumbsup:

Quote from: kelis on August 12, 2013, 06:38:26 AM
WOW, you've got an amazing city, it looks really BIG !!

Thanks mate!! Ah, there's still lots more to show of this city. :D

Schulmanator

Looking good! Nice, detailed city.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

mgarcia

Just went through all 9 pages - wonderful work! Thanks for introducing us to Provo - love small towns.  :)

art128

Beautiful work on the area around the terminus!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

Nice update and very well done MMPing. &apls
I saw your picture in the Picure Competition and I thought you improved your MMP skills, and indeed you do. I also like the curved suburbs.

Links to SC4 websites

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kelis

Provo looks amazing too. I like the pic with all those curves and houses, it's pretty realistic and nice !!

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

sunv123