• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacqulina

meinhosen

dudy and masochist, I'm envious.  In that respect, I guess it's time to show off a bit.  :P

I'm going to take pride in the fact that I've yet to share any of this city's pics before... and that I'm happy to unveil it here.

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

bat

Great work, meinhosen!!!

Here is an animation from my CJ at Simtropolis:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/4/347058/Capporth%20City_Animations/CC%20UPDATE%2006/CCU06.swf

TheTeaCat

Meinhosen

Lovely job you've done there.  :thumbsup:

:satisfied:

Edit:

A few pics of the small but growing town center of Killumney.
hope you like ;)

My goodness look at the time :o
4am

must be time for

bed
Nope tis time for Tea  ;D
then
:sleeping:

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Alek King of SC4

meinhosen those pics are great it looks very NY nice BAT selection

jeronij

Hi to all,

bat, the problem with the embebed flash has been solved, as you may notice  ;D . What about a nice tutorial about how to make those incredible animations  ;) ?¿

meinhosen, your pics do have something...not sure what, but the city looks excellent. Probably is the buildings you use, as Alek mentioned. Great job  :thumbsup:

TTC, nothing against your building style, but against Maxis palms.... I hate them  :bomb: !!!, there is a mod somewhere that removes them .... ;) .  As a construtive criticism I would suggest you to build the different zones far from each other, specially the dirty industry. Try to copy what you see in real life, in you CJ. Of course, the game has tons of limitations, but you dont usually see R$$$  near dirty industries like in some of your pics  ;) .
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

Jeronij

Thanks for your comments, they are always appreciated.

I agree about the palms they are going to go, its just a matter of time to get all the bits I had on my pc before the crash.

And it is helpful little remiders like yours that I realise what it was that was bugging me about those pics. ::)

I'll put your Latte           just there.  :thumbsup:

I agree in general about the different zones being further apart, but in some parts of Ireland and the UK you do find nowadays, due to lack of space that both mix together but slowly the industry is forced out to be relaced by very expensive appartments or shopping complexes.

I see a lot of this around where I live so in a way I am reflecting RL.

I am still terraforming the region I am presently working on but sometimes the urge to play takes over. Also a lot of these pics are me making sure the stuff in the plugins have all their respective dependencies. ;D

And at the same time I'm putting in the main roads etc. Most of these zones will be drastically changed when I start building properly on the region ;)

TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Alfred.Jones

Great work everyone!! These looks amazing, keep it up

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Quote from: jeronij on December 11, 2006, 11:27:24 AM
bat, the problem with the embebed flash has been solved, as you may notice  ;D . What about a nice tutorial about how to make those incredible animations  ;) ?¿

If I have enough time (perhaps in the winter holidays), I could make some tutorials for the animations...

Yes I see it is solved, thanks!!

emilin

So much good stuff around here! Ah, well, here's my contribution. There's no traffic in this pic, because I haven't turn the game time on yet. This area is still in development:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Very clean and tidy.

Thats a great way to show off that building in the centre. Nice open space to view it.
Looking forward to more :thumbsup:

bat

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

Masochist

Aiya!  I've been lurking too much, and I haven't commented on anyone's pictures yet, or said thanks for the comments I got for mine  :-[ !  I'm sorry...but this'll be a long comment, I guarantee:

Everyone: Thanks for your comments on my pictures!  It's very much appreciated, and a lot of the inspiration I have for posting more (and therefore going into SC4 and actually creating more to post...).

mjig_dudy:
Nice culture clash you've made, there (with the Hong Kong buildings and the London Skyscraper peeking out from behind)...it looks good together!  I like the picture as a whole, because that water is kind of mysterious (because you don't see it), but you can look out over it.  Nice!

meinhosen: Awesome looking downtown!  I agree with AK, that's a very nice selection of BAT's you've decided to show, especially since I'm a big fan of JaWood's work.  And all the pictures are crisp and detailed, so it looks even better.  Nice bit of PS'ing you've done by adding that rain, as well!

bat: I'm jealous, because I can't make animations!  Your's looks great, though!  Good timing, too; it gives us time to take in each picture.  And about the pictures, I really like that park from the first and last pics (I'm assuming they're the same one), and that parking lot from the third picture would satiate even aaronperry from ST.  Good work, I hope to see more of those some day!

TheTeaCat: Nice looking area!  Those diagonal buildings surrounding the road look great, and in fact I think they'd make a good centerpiece for the area, you know?  And I wish I knew how to use roundabouts effectively in my cities, but I don't, because I live in America, and no one in America really knows how to use roundabouts...(:P...that was a joke...).  But you use them well.  Good job!  (P. S., nice suburbs, there...)

emilin: I don't think I've ever seen that centerpiece building before, it's very interesting.  I love those Sunken Malls, just because they add another visible dimension to cities.  I also like that mall next to the seashore.  I'd love to see a wider shot of this area, because it looks fanastic from what I see.  Nice work!

(Geez, that felt like it should be in the "Rate One Image" thread at ST...that's usually how my posts there look).  So I should post here a lot more often than I do, but I do look at every single picture, and I really like what I see!  Not that that means much, but it's just good to know that there is a lot of talent here.  Keep 'em coming, please (although I really can't do that much...)!
(Under Construction)

bat

Thanks for the great comment (@ all)!

emilin

The centerpiece building is just Maxis Gugenheim landmark, but I like it anyway.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

Some of the Maxis stuff is not bad so we do not have to frown upon it.
This is a great way of showing the quality of that Maxis buidling. I like that one Emilin.

Nik-Nik

TheTeaCat

I usually hide the landmark buildings using a mod to clear the ingame menus and forget just how good some of Maxis stuff is.
I just didn't recognise it &mmm

But you display it in a great way :thumbsup:

a few pics of a small cbd still under development.

Hope you like

Alfred.Jones

That looks great TheTeaCat! Nice use of Marrast's walls, it makes it look awesome :thumbsup: Keep it up

Sim City 4 Devotion