• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

praiodan

bat

mjig_dudy

emilin: i love the use of sunken plazas
TheTeaCat: really nice
praiodan: looks really good

I tried to make some animation here:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/mjig_dudy/ani02.swf

http://img342.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ani02ic6.swf&width=800

Alfred.Jones

That looks great Praiodan :thumbsup:

Wonderful animation Mjig_dudy. Thats a great idea :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

Rayden

Well, I don't have much downtown pics to show, as my latests CJ/MDs were very rural, but I selected a few shots from my oldest and first CJ at ST, New Haven.

And a mosaic

Well, that's all I have. When I get to the downtown of the currently CJ I'm doing, I'll post some more.

Masochist

Praiodan:  Nice Euro-vibe I get from this picture!  I like that cathedral in the middle of the avenue, and Marrast's embankments really fit in your town.  That "small town" looks like it could hold quite a few people with all the apartments!  Nice job!

mjig_dudy
: Nice animation!  I have to wonder how you got the lights to fade on and off...that's a great effect!

Rayden
: That might be the longest mosaic I've ever seen!  Wow!...but I think the boards add that space between each picture.  Doesn't matter, though, that's excellent!  I also like those apartments in the first picture.  Very interesting!
(Under Construction)

Rayden

What space between pictures? Maybe you're using other browser than MS Internet Explorer. Firefox perhaps, on MS IExplorer, you don't see that gap on between. ;)

bat

Masochist

Quote from: Rayden on December 16, 2006, 08:12:08 AM
What space between pictures? Maybe you're using other browser than MS Internet Explorer. Firefox perhaps, on MS IExplorer, you don't see that gap on between. ;)

Ahh, that's it!  Yeah, I'm using Firefox, mainly because I don't really like the new IE yet (it keeps shutting down on me)...but also because Firefox can show PNG's on ST.  Hmmm...I wonder if those gaps can be fixed?  Either way, that's an excellent mosaic!
(Under Construction)

jeronij

Hi to all,

Praiodan  :shocked2:  !!!. One of the most realistic cities I have seen in a looong time  :thumbsup: . I specially liked the church in the middle of the avenue. Great work indeed.

mjig_dudy, you should use a direct link to the .swf file. The link you used opens the file inside a ImageShack window. That is why it does not work. You must use the same link you use for the normal pictures.

Rayden, this is a HUGE mosaic indeed   :D  . However, under the sunlight would look much better (IMO  ;) )

TTCat, I have just seen you last set of pics, man, the last one is simply spectacular  ??? . I love the work you did with the shoreline  :thumbsup:

Oh, and what does "CBD" mean ?¿  :-[
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

praiodan

Quote from: jeronij on December 16, 2006, 10:00:12 AM
Oh, and what does "CBD" mean ?¿  :-[

CBD is short for Central Business District I think ;)

And thanks everyone for the compliments about the town, you all show great pics as well (I espacially like this neverending mosaic, lol)

Alfred.Jones

That is one huge mosaic Rayden &sly Keep it up. I'm looking forward to more pictures ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

jacqulina

awesome work you guys,thats a beautifull mosaic sylvio  &apls :thumbsup:

Rayden

Thx guys. I'll try to get some more as soon as I get to that kind of downtown area on my new CJ. ;)

bat

Great work Rayden and nice animation mjig_dudy!

TheTeaCat

Rayden and Mjig Dudy  &apls &apls &apls

Fantastic stuff you done here. Great animation and i thought the mosaic was never going to end :thumbsup:

"More please"

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Alek King of SC4

ok i will bust some hardcore urban pics out too

emilin

HAH! I see Maxis content in one of the corners. :shocked2:

Just kidding! It's amazing... I could just dream of producing something like that.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Fantastic work, Alek King of SC4. :thumbsup:
The two last pictures are my favourits!!

TheTeaCat

Drops tea once again. Will you folks stop making me do this _ i waste valuable TEA.

This is what happens when i see some of the pics on here.

AleK you deserve  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

More please

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II