• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your industrial wastelands!

Started by marcszar, March 11, 2007, 04:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFire870

Nice job MIncroabl. If you want to get rid of I-HT and CO$$$, just raise the tax rate for those to 20%, and bulldoze those that have been built.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

MIncroabl

Unfortunately that's a rather poor solution. I don't want to get rid of them completely. It always amuses me when people complain that they can't get richer sims to stay in their city, as my situation is the complete opposite... Nowadays I struggle to lower the desirability of an area to get more R$ and the industries and commercial services they require.

thundercrack83

Looks good, MIncroabl! I love the bridges, especially the rail one! Great job!

glepet

Quote from: MIncroabl on May 03, 2007, 11:51:50 AM
Unfortunately that's a rather poor solution. I don't want to get rid of them completely. It always amuses me when people complain that they can't get richer sims to stay in their city, as my situation is the complete opposite... Nowadays I struggle to lower the desirability of an area to get more R$ and the industries and commercial services they require.

I have the same problem. I lowered the taxes on D-I but  I can't get them to grow. What else can I do?

bat

That's a beautiful industrial area! :thumbsup:

mightygoose

Quote from: MIncroabl on May 03, 2007, 01:51:50 PM

simple just plop some of the negative maxis rewrds.... the prison is the best for it... boosts low wealth demand and lowers desireability... its great... and looks pretty industrial so blends in,
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ennedi

Very good pics, especially by marczar. Your pictures are simply authentic. I spent most of my working time in such surroundings an I know what I say.

I would like to present something...  &mmm Maybe it is not typical, but it is definitely an industrial object.
This large hole in the middle of mountains is a mine. A little known, mysterious company is looking for crystals here (as you know, there are many crystals in mountains). I don't know, but i suspect they are working for Svarovski  :P

I hope you like it

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

glepet

That's a pretty cool setup. Those machines are awesome!

autoVino

I don't think it get's any worse than this  :P:

EDGE4194

ennedi- wow  :o nice mining area. very creative!  :thumbsup:

bat

Great pictures of that area, Ennedi!

A wonderful industrial area, autoVino!

Wheezy

Translation: The Ma'Tranva Coal Plant come for situate in south bay area of city of Miisaya.  Coal fire boil water cause turbine spinning in 12 buildings.  Facility for is include coal dock and processing plant for raw coal for bring from south islands.

Xiziz

I shouldnt really do this i guess... but i cant keep myself from it. Im gonna preview a imsy wimsy tiny part of Sevastopol... a small dock close to the citycentre, ah, yes. an Industrial dock area, else i would find a more apropriate location for the piccy.

Pictures are lightly Photoshopped... honestly, i havnt done that much on them...

Enjoy this Comrades, and remember, there is allways a bigger picture located here: Clickety, Clickety click!

You would be supprised to know how close this area is to the Capitol Area of Sevastopol, theres litterally only six aircraft separating them...

bat

Great picture of that industrial area, Wheezy! :thumbsup:

Your picture is looking very great, Xiziz! :thumbsup:

ky72x

Excellent pics everyone!  &apls

Here are some of my industrial shots.

bat

Great looking industrial area! Also nice pictures at night, ky72x!

Chrisadams3997

Ky72x, nice pictures.  I particularly like where their built up next to the sunken highway(what wall is that by way?) and the use of the power lines.  It's little things like that that give it that extra little touch.  It's also nice how the lots are all large and a little open, avoids that cluttered, hodpodge feel of a lot of industrial areas.

Here's something I cooked up recently

Pat

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang Chrisadams you are simply real great at those angles.. i love that pic  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
btw how in the world do you do it??? i bet its something sooo very simple too lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Chrisadams3997

lol, kinda stubbled into it myself. 

There are probably several ways to approach it, but I start out by rotating the image to the left 30 degrees, then using a skew effect, which I presume photoshop has, I actually use an older version of Corel's paint shop pro.  Then you rotate the image back to the right.  depending on which way you skew(verticle/horizontal-left/right) the the image and how much, not to mention the angle you rotate the image to before the skew, detiremines what kind of effect it has on the image. 

Without knowing what program you have and how it handles these operations it's hard to describe beyond that, so I'd just play around with it and see what you get.

Oh yea, and you will lose part of the image in the corners, as the end result will not be square and thus has to be cropped.  Plan your original shot on that knowledge, or possibly paste several shots together to get a larger original.

Perhaps I'll eventually write a proper tutorial on it if there is any demand for it, and once I understand more of it myself.  good luck!

ky72x

bat: Thanks, I'm glad that you liked it!

Chrisadams3997: Thank you!  You have a very good industrial area as well.  The trees at the bottom look nice!  The sunken highway walls are by buddybud, and can be found at http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16283&v=1.  You might also want to download some of the other packs designed to go with it, just seach up "buddybud" on the STEX.  I like to create industrial areas, and having open areas for parking or storage is a must.  They look much better that way, I agree with you!  ;D