• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Delete all game's original buildings

Started by Bobbi, May 16, 2009, 12:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

I think game's original buildings isn't beautiful, and their size isn't true to life. :thumbsdown:
And when I plopped a building, there were some useless game's original buildings in the menu, it made me uncomfortable. :thumbsdown:

So I decide to delete them.Although there're some block plugins,I think delete them is cleaner than block them.

These are some pictures after I delete them.
PS:I removed all plugins except for Columbus Terrain Mod.And I think the grass puzzle piece in park menu is useful,so I didn't delete it.

Transport Menu

Utilities Menu

Civics Menu

At last, I open LotEditor to show there's no any RCI buildings.

Maybe you'll find out there's a building called "CO$$3_2x3". But I can't delete it. ()what()Because if I delete it ,the game will crash out. &hlp And it isn't a exemplar file.
I want to know the reason. :(

Anyway,although the work isn't easy, I feel happy.

---Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

dedgren

Well, that's the most radical thing I've seen all day...

I'd be interested in selectively removing some "game" buildings, but have never looked into it.  My guess is, Bobbi, that a "slash and burn" assault on the core game files has some pretty big risks associated with it.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Bobbi

Quote from: dedgren on May 16, 2009, 01:04:48 AM
Well, that's the most radical thing I've seen all day...

I'd be interested in selectively removing some "game" buildings, but have never looked into it.  My guess is, Bobbi, that a "slash and burn" assault on the core game files has some pretty big risks associated with it.

David

@David
I think it'll have a risks, because it's a core file. But I still decide to do it.

The game have crashed out when I tried to do it at first.
After I knew that I didn't do it carefully and I deleted some important items at that time. So I did it carefully, and tested many times, the game didn't crash out.

Many people think it isn't safe,but I think it's a good way to say goodbye to game's buildings.

Thanks for your reading.

---Bobbi

FrankU

Did you really delete the lots from your game? I think just blocking them would be enough. It would be very useful though to be able to delete/block the maxis lots and props from the LE menu. It would make it more simple to work with selected lots and props.

Bobbi

Quote from: FrankU on May 17, 2009, 07:33:13 AM
Did you really delete the lots from your game? I think just blocking them would be enough. It would be very useful though to be able to delete/block the maxis lots and props from the LE menu. It would make it more simple to work with selected lots and props.
@FrankU

I only deleted their lot files,no models.Because many plugins need these models.

Although it's a easy way to block them,it has some bug.
For example,Pedriana Plants,you know a I-R building,but I couldn't block it when I used block mod.
And when I want to try a new lot,but it's lock.So I'll use cheats to unlock it.After I unlock it,the menu dirty,because there're many Maxis lots.

So I only delete them.

---Bobbi