• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Double RHW4 Gentle Curves pictorial

Started by videosean, May 05, 2008, 08:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

videosean

This tutorial inspired by this post.  The land is completely flat in this map since I sometimes run into problems trying to get multiple curves on land that isn't completely flattened before I start.
I started by taking 2 of the double RHW4 curve pieces and placing them as close to each other as possible and then measured the tiles.  Using plain Open Grass tiles I duplicated the measurement to the left where I wanted to actually build the curve.  The main thing I'm looking to preserve in the straight angled pieces is the distance between the inside corner of the grass pieces to the diagonal RHW4.

I find it's easiest to build the inside lane first when it comes to placing the angled section with 2 RHW4s right next to each other.  I'll build the angle starting from one end but not connecting it at the other because I usually get a road looking texture if I try to connect each end of the diagonal in one drag.  To finish the angled RHW4s in this picture I drag from the straight piece into the angled piece.

Once that's accomplished it's a simple matter of placing the double RHW4 curve pieces over what you've built :)

It stays an RHW4 texture all the way through the curve this way.