• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Yan077

Wow Jordan, some very good pictures here !  :o
Very great last two updates   &apls &apls

Tomas Neto

My friend, awesome, really awesome, the last two updates!!! Great work!!!

Nego

Wow! Best update yet! :thumbsup: I love the walls you put around the city. It's one of the best uses of CC I've seen yet on this site.  &apls Great job and I can't wait for your next update!  &apls &apls &apls

:thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Hi guys,

As I'm sure all of you know, it's that time of year, when students are returning to school. I'm drowning in homework (Physics, Chemistry, Math, English) already, and it's only been a week and a half for me. So I'll be around alot less. I am working on a new tile, called 'Cloverdale', so expect to see screenies of that sometime in the future. See you guys next update (or teaser),

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

kwakelaar

Great looking updates, Fort Langley looks like a perfect place to live. The city walls in combinations with other park-like lots are very well done.

Utvaw

That cul-de-sac in the bottom of your last mosaic, how was it done?  That has to be the most realistic one I have seen yet.

nbvc

canyonjumper

Coming soon! (as in tomorrow soon, there's so many!)

Just a small update today, because I have limited time in RL. However, I managed to scrape up some time to play over the weekend, and this is what came up ;D

30-01 (click for full)
Cloverdale Walk, on the shores of the Dale Canal. The area is slated for reno in March of 2029 due to rising water levels.

30-02 (click for full)
Something different. A W2W section of the city with a large place of worship. Ah, gotta love the SAM ;D

That's all for today folks! My sixteenth birthday is next Monday, October 4th, so I'll be in Victoria all weekend, with my family and grandma. So, see you next time ;D

Your friend,

canyonjumper

Quote from: daryl7478 on September 01, 2010, 04:03:50 PM
Nice job there!!
Thanks Daryl!

Quote from: Kevin1a on September 01, 2010, 05:12:44 PM
Hey Jordan, everything looks great.  Fort Langley looks like a slightly more historic part of Cascadia.  The streetscapes are very nice looking.

I have a question about the NAM curves in image U29-15.  How do you make them show up with the sidewalk?  My NAM curves just have grass around them which is frustrating because I do build mostly urban areas.  Are you using some kind of mod?  With the way you have it set up, is it still possible to access the normal sidewalk-less NAM curves that I occasionally have to use in rural areas?

By the way, U29-01 is fantastic, you should enter it in an image contest.

Looking forward to the next update,
-Kevin

Thanks Kevin! Yeah, Fort Langley is modeled on a fort here in BC ;D I sent you a PM about the sidewalks.

Quote from: marsh on September 01, 2010, 06:03:32 PM
     Cj, great update! I have know idea why but that city strangley reminds me of SC3000. It could be the buildings you chose, or how the trees look, i realy dont know.  :P Anyways great update. It looks great.  :thumbsup:

,marsh   :satisfied:

PS; Pic 12- I spy a traffic generator!  ::)
Gah, wily eyes :P and lol marsh, thanks for dropping by!

Quote from: MattyFo on September 01, 2010, 10:11:46 PM
Mondo update my friend.  As always it has been a great pleasure to read and view your MD.  I had no idea using that template took so long!  Perhaps if you are just doing a teaser or a small update and have time to spare?  Regardless, great pictures are great pictures and your MD is full of them!  ;D  Great update!

P.S In image 3, those McDonalds are awfully close together,  Perhaps you should change them both into Starbucks?  At least that way it would be more realistic  :D

- Matt
I'm afraid I have absolutely no time to get the template ready :( As it is, this update took me forever to get ready, and it's only two pics! (Although I did screw around with GLR alot.... :P ) Thanks for reading Matt!

Quote from: Battlecat on September 02, 2010, 10:45:55 AM
Love the wide radius curves in this update.  They've integrated into your region very nicely! 
Thanks BC!

Quote from: travismking on September 02, 2010, 12:43:25 PM
excellent mate :D I love the use of NWM, Tuleps and wide radius curves to make the roads look as realistic as possible, great job :)
Thanks Travis!

Quote from: Terring7 on September 02, 2010, 12:50:59 PM
Fantastic, keep going &apls
Thanks!

Quote from: kelis on September 02, 2010, 01:05:07 PM
Great job my friend  &apls &apls &apls
Thanks kelis!

Quote from: Yan077 on September 02, 2010, 01:15:14 PM
Wow Jordan, some very good pictures here !  :o
Very great last two updates   &apls &apls
Thanks Yann! I enjoyed your last few updates as well ;D

Quote from: Tomas Neto on September 15, 2010, 11:11:49 AM
My friend, awesome, really awesome, the last two updates!!! Great work!!!
Thanks Tomas! Always a pleasure to hear from you!

Quote from: Nego on September 15, 2010, 04:52:39 PM
Wow! Best update yet! :thumbsup: I love the walls you put around the city. It's one of the best uses of CC I've seen yet on this site.  &apls Great job and I can't wait for your next update!  &apls &apls &apls

:thumbsup:
Thanks Nego! ;D

Quote from: kwakelaar on September 17, 2010, 11:25:03 PM
Great looking updates, Fort Langley looks like a perfect place to live. The city walls in combinations with other park-like lots are very well done.
Thanks Gjermund!

Quote from: Utvaw on September 23, 2010, 09:02:43 PM
That cul-de-sac in the bottom of your last mosaic, how was it done?  That has to be the most realistic one I have seen yet.
Thanks for commenting ;D For the roundabout, you make a regular street roundabout, then connect two streets on the same tile.

Quote from: nbvc on September 25, 2010, 08:52:53 AM
Great updates. :thumbsup:
Thanks nbvc!

Here's two photoshop projects I did today ;D

(click for full)

Yes, I was bored, and had no internet :P That's all for now! See ya!

Your friend,

nedalezz

I concur with x-ten, that looks incredible!

Cant wait to see what a full update will bring :)

Nego

★★★★★★ Six stars! :shocked2: Is that even legal!?! I don't know, but that is some awesome photoshopping there, canyonjumper!

PS. Happy early 16th birthday

Tomas Neto

Wow, Jordan!!! Fantastic both updates, my friend!!! Awesome!!!  &apls &apls

canyonjumper

So today is my sixteenth birthday! ;D Had a lot of fun over the weekend in Victoria, ziplining with my family and geocaching with my dad. The motel we were at had the crappiest wifi ever, so i has rarely on. However, I had time to work on this code. Try and crack it :P

O jsf sapy pg gim pbrt yjr errlrmf, smf O jpqr upi saa fof sd eraa ;D

Winner gets to name a city, and a character in my secondary MD over on CSGf, Okanagan, whenever it starts again ;D

Your friend,

kwakelaar

Nice work, and congratulations, noticed the date even in your collage :)

Nego

I think cracked the code!:
I had alot of fun over the weekend, and I hope you all did as well ;D

That sounds like an awesome way to celebrate your birthday, too! (ziplining and geocaching that is)

peter007

very nice photoshopping work. It's very pity that I don't have photoshop. But  &apls

marsh

Great job on that CJ! That is really great photoshopping. Great city as well!

,marsh :thumbsup: