• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Support Thread

Started by Haljackey, November 26, 2011, 12:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you found this guide useful?

Yes- very useful
34 (82.9%)
Yes- Somewhat useful
6 (14.6%)
No- too simplistic
0 (0%)
No- too confusing
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Haljackey

RealHighway Interchange Guide

Hello everyone,

Watch this space. The RHW Interchange Guide will be expanded and reorganized into this new child board in the NAM How-Tos and Tutorials section. The current thread will eventually be broken down and put back together into several threads in it's own section of the site. There will be a sticky thread or two containing the basic information and whatnot.

The current interchange guide will remain in it's entirety until everything has been moved and structured properly, so there shouldn't be any worry about missing content as the transition is taking place.

Link to the RHW Interchange Guide thread: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6843.0

If you have any questions or comments about how it should happen, or about the guide itself, feel free to post in this support thread.

-Ryan (Haljackey)

ianthine

So, question...

http://bit.ly/GZ1OvS

This interchange...any suggestions as to how to go about it with RHW? I've been trying to create a "realistic" philly for forever for a MD, and...this interchange trips me up every time. I don't want to just cheat it and use a trumpet interchange, because it's not really a trumpet...it's just - what it is.

jdenm8

It's a weird T Interchange with a few modifications to permit local access and Centre Merging to the South.

You can create an approximation of the interchange, but you can't do a replication. Your best bet would be to substitute it for a FlexFly T-Bone Interchange.

Something along these lines: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6843.msg352620#msg352620

You will need to change all of the overpasses to EMIS as there is no ERHW-4 FlexFly.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

solovinodelmal

Hi guys, here´s a question what slope mod do you use/recommend?

Thanx!

Haljackey

Quote from: solovinodelmal on May 16, 2012, 07:53:05 PM
Hi guys, here´s a question what slope mod do you use/recommend?

Thanx!

There's two I would suggest:

Ennedi Slope Mod: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1512

The RHW slope mod: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27617-rhw-slope-mod/

Hope that helps! :)

solovinodelmal

Thanks for the links, about the RHW Slope mod, does it create slopes for all network s? or just RHW?

Tarkus

Quote from: solovinodelmal on May 17, 2012, 09:49:00 PM
Thanks for the links, about the RHW Slope mod, does it create slopes for all network s? or just RHW?

Ennedi's slope mod handles all networks.

The nwelsh RHW slope mod that was recently re-uploaded to the STEX just handles RHW slopes, not other networks, and was originally designed to supplement older slope mods (e.g. BRF) that didn't include RHW slope modifications.

-Alex

weekendgamer

Is it possible to make a stack interchange in sc4? My city needs a high capacity interchange but there's not enough room for a cloverleaf.

jdenm8

It is, but if you don't have enough space for a Cloverleaf, you certainly don't have enough for an RHW Stack at present.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Haljackey

Quote from: weekendgamer on May 23, 2012, 02:14:53 AM
Is it possible to make a stack interchange in sc4? My city needs a high capacity interchange but there's not enough room for a cloverleaf.

It is, but it isn't practical to create a guide at this point in time. It would be exceedingly long and complicated, and would use components that are not RHW (2 'levels' of avenue tunnels) which I don't like to use, or use minimally.

In addition, the stacks made by the current version of the RHW are not realistic examples of the real world, which the 'real' highway aims to recreate. Perhaps later releases will contain enough components to create such junctions both easier and more realistic, and are perhaps less space-consuming as well. (Stacks are supposed to use limited space.)

Tarkus

Stacks are kind of the "holy grail" of RHW development--we've been working toward them for the past 5 years.  In order for it to really be feasible to build stacks with the RHW, we're going to need to have additional heights of Elevated RHW in place (already in development for the next release) and additional variants of FLEXFly to go along with them (some in progress already). 

I suspect once the new release comes out, there should be enough content to make stacks.

-Alex

Haljackey

That is correct Alex. Right now the RHW can comfortably support 3 levels (see photo below), so only one more is needed to create the classic 4-level diamond stack. The content provided in the current version comes awfully close to being able to create content like this, so I am convinced the next release will allow us to find a way to make them. Then, perhaps the process to make such a junction can be simplified so a basic, easy-to-follow guide can be created.

This photo shows that the RHW can support 3 levels. The lowest, or 'sunken' level can also be swapped with tunnels, although your RHW will need to be transitioned into another road network :P.

A subsection for stacks has already been incorporated into this guide so when the time comes, stack interchange guides can be easily added.

-Ryan (Haljackey)

weekendgamer

Thanks, I'll try experimenting in a blank city to see if i can make a compact stack in RHW.

dragonshardz

With RHW 5.0 out, I believe it is now possible to make a RHW stack interchange without using tunnels.

I think. I may have to spend some time tinkering around.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: dragonshardz on June 02, 2012, 01:15:39 AM
With RHW 5.0 out, I believe it is now possible to make a RHW stack interchange without using tunnels.

Still no. Unless you consider a DDRHW diamond a 3-level interchange, or you use tunnels, or something like what Ryan did above.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Haljackey

Quote from: dragonshardz on June 02, 2012, 01:15:39 AM

I think. I may have to spend some time tinkering around.

If so, you'd be the first!

I've spent a lot of time tinkering with the RHW but never came near the possibility of building a classic (diamond) stack.

dragonshardz

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 02, 2012, 03:00:54 PM
Still no. Unless you consider a DDRHW diamond a 3-level interchange, or you use tunnels, or something like what Ryan did above.

Well, we have L0, L2, and L3 MIS now, as well as L0 and L2 RHW4. Combine that with being able to sink stuff into the ground (which an engineer would likely do anyway), it might be possible.

Quote from: Haljackey on June 03, 2012, 01:29:12 PM
If so, you'd be the first!

I've spent a lot of time tinkering with the RHW but never came near the possibility of building a classic (diamond) stack.

Well, I just built a thing today that has exhausted my desire to fiddle with interchanges for a while.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: dragonshardz on June 04, 2012, 11:37:21 PM
Well, we have L0, L2, and L3 MIS now, as well as L0 and L2 RHW4.

No we don't. The only reason we have L0 to L3 and L2 to L3 stuff is to access the upper deck of DDRHW-4. The current version of RHW doesn't have any draggable L3 stuff, plus the new height transitions are starterless.

It's still L0 and L2.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

solovinodelmal

Not sure if this is the right place but can someone help me with this one?

I´m trying to connect the diagonal RHW-4 to diagonal ERHW-4 using diagonal one way ground to elevated pieces, like this:

how can I connect them propery without getting this?

Thanks for the help

Haljackey

@ solovinodelmal: That happens because a diagonal OWR-to-RHW transition does not exist. You'll have to curve your routes to an orthogonal direction to make that transition and then curve them back to a diagonal direction. That is (currently) the only way to avoid the issue you're having at the moment.