• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Guide Overview, Useful Links and General Discussion

Started by Haljackey, November 26, 2011, 12:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on March 02, 2013, 05:31:56 PM

A subsection would suffice. Plus, the tutorials found in the PS manual can be used here.

The only problem I see with this is that The RHW Interchange Guide is already a subsection of the NAM How-Tos and Tutorials which is a subsection of the main NAM board. Adding yet another subsection might get confusing.

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 03, 2013, 06:22:59 AM
And maybe some guides for the MHS? Nam -31 is certainly a new generation of highways.

These will come, no doubt about it!  :thumbsup:

Glazert

Can I float a thought about the guide? Instead of thinking in terms of RHW and MHW as the starting point for the guide how about thinking as the starting point the nature of the interchange that someone might want to build: e.g. an interchange between one highway and another which terminates at the junction with the first. Further in it may be necessary to distinguish between RHW and Symphony-adjusted Maxis but are people going to start approaching the building of interchanges in terms if which type or mixture of types of roads are involved? After all, we are not talking about a paper guide here which can only have a single route through it but about hypertext. So there can be routes by highway type, by number of lanes, by junctions type, etc.

GMT

anyone mind telling me how the interchange seen right on the frontpage of the RHW User Manual, lower right side, was made?
seems to be stacked interchange using L0, L1, L2, L3 and thus without tunnels...

I'm trying to recreate this interchange for hours now and it just wont work  ()sad()

... really, it is. I swear.

Indiana Joe

Quote from: GMT on March 11, 2013, 05:40:00 PM
anyone mind telling me how the interchange seen right on the frontpage of the RHW User Manual, lower right side, was made?
seems to be stacked interchange using L0, L1, L2, L3 and thus without tunnels...

I'm trying to recreate this interchange for hours now and it just wont work  ()sad()

I think it was an edited teaser image, as it's impossible to stack more than two networks on top of each other.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: GMT on March 11, 2013, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: Indiana Joe on March 11, 2013, 05:42:50 PM
I think it was an edited teaser image, as it's impossible to stack more than two networks on top of each other.

Which is why the RHW User's Manual was not supposed to be included.

Oh, and you know how the NAM Team (supposedly) has a history of not lying?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Indiana Joe

Lying?  Perhaps not.  Using enough sarcasm to drown a fish?  Definitely.  Which is part of the reason why I love following the development.

GMT

... really, it is. I swear.