• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Census Repository Facility

Started by albertcactus, April 16, 2012, 09:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertcactus

Hi,
How is it possible to configure the Census Repository Facility without the .sc4Lot files mentioned in the readme ? I've got only .dat files  &mmm

Lowkee33

When I install the Repository I get three files:

RJ - Census_Repository_Model_and_Query_3.1.dat
RW_2x2_Census Repository Vault.SC4Lot
RW_3x1_Census Repository Facility_5600.SC4Lot

By configure, I am guessing you mean the Installation Section.  Don't worry about it, just use the 5600.  It looks like these are network capacity settings.  Basically, there's no need to match a Transit Enabled lot's capacity with the road's capacity, just make sure that it won't be the reason for congestion.

If not, you should be able to mod these files in any of the basic tools (Reader, MaxisLE, PIMX).  I don't think MaxisPIM will find the models though.

albertcactus

Thanks for the quick answer.

Yes I mean in the installation. I installed it a few days ago and notice that it's working but I was wondering that I don't have the .Sc4lot files and asking me if it can work better or no.
And Thnaks for the basic tools and I apologize for my grammar, I'm english native speaker.

Have fun, bye !

scadamsc

albertcactus,

do you use a mac by chance, and did you happen to use filejuicer to unpack the .exe?

I ask because I appear to be having a similar or related problem. I posted about it on this thread:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=16744.0

scadamsc

Users may find this solution helpful.

Quote from: scadamsc on November 22, 2014, 01:32:50 PM
Ok folks, I found a solution.

With some searching, I found a link about WineBottler, a tool that ended up being the simplest solution I've ever worked for a SimCity problem.

(1) First, go to http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ and download WineBottler.

(2) Install it.

(3) Open WineBottler (not Wine).

(4) Click "advanced" at the top of the window.

(5) Select the .exe you want to run. (In my case, this was the BSC Essential files as well as the Census Repository files.

(6) Click "Install"

(7) Drag the properly extracted files to their correct location in the plugins folder. I suppose you could also install them directly to the plugins folder.

Done and done. Tested. Simple. Working perfectly.

Thanks for help all!