• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

THANK YOU TARKUS (again). For my thanks, is it ok if I make puzzle piece models for you? This way I can help you make more puzzle pieces, and I'm not that bad of a modeler.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

BradySeitz

Well, looks like I won't be getting the 3.0 RHW cause of this ---Download Quota for this lot has been exceeded ... from the downloads page. I was having issues to get certain things working. Now I guess I can't download. Grrr.

nerdly_dood

Quote from: BradySeitz on January 15, 2009, 03:06:04 PM
Well, looks like I won't be getting the 3.0 RHW cause of this ---Download Quota for this lot has been exceeded ... from the downloads page. I was having issues to get certain things working. Now I guess I can't download. Grrr.

My advice is to wait 5 minutes and try again - it worked for me.

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: BradySeitz on January 15, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

Next time you do download it, I'd recommend that you put the .zip file you download in a different location than usual.  You could also download the Mac version, too. ;)  It's basically the same thing but with the files loose in a .zip instead of an installer.  The link's in the FAQ as well.

-Alex

smoncrie

Blue Lightning, It looks to me like the ground on one side of the water is too steep.  Try reducing the slope a bit.  If it still does not work try dragging it across in the opposite direction.  If it works you can bulldoze it and build it in the correct direction.  If nothing works, try dragging a non-RHW bridge and see if you can get the bridge preview.

The level of the ground does not have to be the same on both sides, but it can help if you are having trouble.

Blue Lightning

Oh, Alex figured it out. It wasn't too teep, it was a conflicting bridge file
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Andreas

For those who still seem to get an outdated download, please clear your browser cache before attempting to download the file again. Otherwise, the browser might simply pick the file from the internal cache on your HD, rather than downloading the new version. The LEX has a certain download quota per day in order to prevent cheating (boosting download figures), so if you encounter that, try it again tomorrow. :)
Andreas

BradySeitz

Thanks Alex (Tarkus)

It works now. Good, I have no need to scream any more lol

Brady

rusummer1

Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

Patricius Maximus

Well, I've now made my first interchanges with 3.0. Check them out here.

My favorite networks so far are the RHW-8 and -6C.

I have recently recieved a PM from Tarkus saying that my estimate of 5 days for a stress test was right on the money. Good intuition, I imagine.

Once again, thanks.

riponite

Hi Alex, [et. al.],

Thanks again for putting together the RHW.  It is just wonderful.

I did have a couple of questions.  I suspect that the answer is that these things will be coming in future releases, but it is still worth asking in case I'm just missing something.  I have attached a picture of one of my questions.  I tried to put one half of an RHW 4 under a diagonal EFHW and got an RHW 2 instead.  Is there a puzzle piece available to counter that?

The other question is that I tried putting one half of an ERHW 4 over a diagonal GFHW and it would not allow me to do that.  I didn't notice a puzzle piece to cross over it.  Am I just missing it?  If not, no biggie.

I do remember reading something about Orth ERHWs not yet crossing over Diagonal GRHWs, so that makes sense.  "Rome wasn't built in a day."

Again, I am so impressed with all of the work that Alex and company has done and I'm going to have a lot of fun exploring the possibilites.  Thank you so very much.  SimCity 4 is finally reaching its potential.

Riponite

hard40

Sorry for a Newbie question, but I are one!   :P

I don't recall which Maxis Simulator I selected when I installed the April '08 NAM.  I updated to the Jan '09 NAM tonight.  If I need to change to A, B or Z, how do I do that?  Do I delete my NAM file completely and re-install it?  

Thanks.  I'm not very knowledgable on this stuff.  But everyone here on SC4D is awesome, and I am slowly learning more with every visit here.

Tarkus

riponite, thanks for the kind words!  To answer your question, there aren't any overrides in place to allow Ground RHW-4s (or anything other than an RHW-2) to cross under EFHW . . . yet.  It is planned for a near-future release, though (more than likely the next).

hard40: Welcome to SC4D!  To answer your question, the Simulator selection process is done in the NAM Installer, on the screen with all the check boxes--if you don't select a Simulator, it will by default install Simulator C ("Standard"). 

You can uninstall/reinstall, but if you don't want to have to do that, you can also just download the Mac version.  The Mac version of the NAM basically has all the files loose in a .zip--you can go into the "Traffic Plugins" folder and simply move the one you want into your Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Plugins folder, making sure you remove the old one. 

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

metarvo

Unfortunately, I'm still reporting the same problem as before.  I downloaded and installed the new NAM Eseentials, and the same thing happened.  The left turns (right turns from the driver's point of view) from ortho interior RHW-8 to diag interior RHW-8 still seem to be missing (SE to S, etc.).  Only the right "inside" turns (N to NE, etc.) are present for the RHW-8.  The exterior turns are fine, but there seem to be some interior turn pieces missing, even after I followed the instructions.  Other than that, the RHW 3.0 is great. 

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Patricius Maximus

Odd. I have no problems at all wth the RHW-8.

quackmofro

Whoa. It's been a while, but this is monumental news! &apls Congrats on a job well done, guys! Unfortunately, I think I left my Deluxe CD when I moved out of the college dorms. :'(

choco

hey Alex,

i'm getting 2 starter pieces for EMIS and MIS on the rotation ring.....this normal?

edit: yup, it is.....just need to pay attention to the details.  :thumbsup:

thanks!  :)

kings_niners

i'm going to agree with metarvo, there appears to be a piece missing because i can't make a curve either and i have also downloaded nam essentials. other than that great job alex!!! :thumbsup:

metarvo

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm going to show a pic of all of the different rotations included for each RHW-8 curve, at least for me.

I uninstalled every trace of the NAM and RHW out of my Plugins folder, re-downloaded and re-installed the new NAM, RHW 3.0, and the new NAM Essentials, and I still got the exact result that I have been getting.  Consequently, I haven't seen any pictures of the missing rotations yet.  If someone were to show a picture of the missing RHW-8 ortho-diag 2 rotations in use, it would help to confirm that the problem is on my end.  I apologize in advance, Alex, if I sound like I'm whining about this.  After all, RHW 3.0 is absolutely wonderful.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

genemc777

These elevated RHW are really starting to piss me off! :angrymore: I cannot figure out how to make them transition from elevated to on the ground. can anyone help me please??? ()what()