• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekseb

If everyone spend some time to think about the possibilities we now have...

Snowman's at Winter, Flowers at Spring, scarecrow at Summer and hay bale at Autumn. And many, many more!

David and all the others who worked on this solution - Thanks for this (and all the other "wonders" in future)!

&apls

EDITHaybales!  Yessssss! -DE
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

joelyboy911

How about ploppable snow. There are a few sets, I think. We could have seasonal snow and a permanent snowline. The other thing is the Southern Hemisphere. There aren't many of us down here, but could we get some stuff that'll do everything +6 months?

Great job David, really great. Keep it up. You're on the cutting edge for sure.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Glazert

Or how about ploppable water which varied in depth according to the amount of rainfall? You have certainly sparked off all sorts of possibilities.

turtle

I was thinking about ploppable people. Do they exist? They could be timed as well to fit in areas that are made from MMPs and thus don't hold any residents, or to change clothing with seasons. Or you could plop them on small plazas that don't have any people props. Fx I'm trying to make a central park from MMPs only and it is very empty compared to the very congested avenue right next to it

Great work David, and everybody else involved in this!
My name is Thomas...

ldvger

David-

Let me know if you find any cool tents...I am looking for teepees.  I want to create Native American villages in my MD, would be cool to find appropriate props/lots.

Some other things that are seasonal: roadside fruit stands, FARM CROPS, iced up lakes/rivers, floods, many weather patterns, sports (does you football arena fill in spring???, baseball in December?).

Think, also, of the many holidays that could be "seasonalized".  Christmas of course comes to mind, but also 4th of July.

Lora/LD

scott1964

We need some ice fishing props.  $%Grinno$%

EDITOh, my friend, don't get me started.  I used to live in Kotzebue, Alaska, which is about 30 miles/50 kilometers north of the Arctic Circle.  One year I hooked a sheefish [linkie] that was too large to pull through the 12"/30 cm hole I'd bored through the three foot/.9 meter ice on the Hotham Inlet. -DE

Jmouse

I found some camp-out tents here, David {Link}. I believe there are some tepees around somewhere, too, Lora. Just not sure where, though. &mmm Do we have any small camp trailers or RVs? Also, there's a large fire pit, I believe, but what about a small campfire?

Later...

Joan

Just realized I left off the link, but I'll find it ASAP and post it. My apologies. That's what I get for being in a hurry!

EDITThank you, Joan- those look excellent!  Great minds think alike- we need a family campfire pit, hopefully with an "effect" fire.  Wouldn't that be cool?  I can already smell the hot dogs and marshmallows!. -DE

Exodia the forbidden one

i just had to ask this...
What is the Three rivers region?

is it a project?
is it a big region?
-What is it?

Elephun!: &dance

If it's a file, could i have the link? i've been looking for a tight region... ()testing()

EDITWow, that's a heavy-duty nic...  Welcome aboard, my friend.  Ryan (Ryan B.) pretty much summed everything in the next post- if I can be of any assistance at any time let me know. -DE

Ryan B.

Quote from: Exodia the forbidden one on April 11, 2010, 01:29:50 PM
i just had to ask this...
What is the Three rivers region?

is it a project?
is it a big region?
-What is it?

Elephun!: &dance

If it's a file, could i have the link? i've been looking for a tight region... ()testing()

Welcome to 3RR, my friend!  Three Rivers Region is a massive collective effort to develop a realistic fictional region!  While there are (at my count) 484 pages of 3RR, my advice is to read from the beginning and be amazed at the breakthroughs that have happened here.

Good luck, and if you have questions - please don't hesitate to ask any of us!

BarbyW

Quote from: Jmouse on April 11, 2010, 03:39:57 AM
I found some camp-out tents here, David. I believe there are some tepees around somewhere, too, Lora. Just not sure where, though. &mmm Do we have any small camp trailers or RVs? Also, there's a large fire pit, I believe, but what about a small campfire?

Later...

Joan

There are some tepees in BSC MEGA Props Jen_p Vol01
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

ldvger

BarbyW-

Thanks ever so much for the link to the prop pack, there are 6 gorgeous colorful TeePees (TiPis?) in it, just exactly what I am looking for.  Now I just gotta figure out how to use them, as I have zero idea of how to turn props into lots.  I'm guessing Lot Editor, but am I right?

And I echo Joan's query about campires.  PEG has a large ampitheatre type campfire lot in his Mountain Pack, like what you see in the National Parks where rangers give lectures and stuff, but that's all I've been able to find so far.  That wouldn't really work for a Native American village.  I'm also looking for corrals with horses, but I think I can do the corrals with a fence pack (I think I have a couple) and maybe someone has ploppable horses, as I've seen pigs and cows.

Way cool, thanks again!

Lora/LD

CasperVg

Quote from: ldvger on April 11, 2010, 09:46:59 PM
Thanks ever so much for the link to the prop pack, there are 6 gorgeous colorful TeePees (TiPis?) in it, just exactly what I am looking for.  Now I just gotta figure out how to use them, as I have zero idea of how to turn props into lots.  I'm guessing Lot Editor, but am I right?

I have made a new prop family out of Jen_P's teepee's and used PIM-X to generate a blank lot with them. I have attached it here and you can edit it to your wish using either Maxis' LE or X-Tool's LE-X.

Feel free to modify  :)

EDITYou are the man, Casper!  It's always great to see your posts here.  I'll credit you with the 600,000th page view while I'm at it. -DE
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

FrankU

There should really be much much more prop families. Every time I start Lotting I have this desire for prop families. As you might know I have made some of them myself. And I will probably do more of them but.... time, time, time!
So thanks for the tipies! (or however you spell these things.)

jestarr

After reading about the coleman tents, I, quickly, whipped this up.  Is it similar to what you had in mind?

EDITJess, I've seen that one, and it's a great addition.  I'm still looking for a pic of the one I spent two wonderful weeks in the Florida Keys camping with in the late 70s.  It was canvas, had a white top, and two slope-roof rooms on the sides of a taller central area.  I'll keep looking- thanks for the work on the BAT! -DE

ldvger

I've never tried creating a custom lot, have no idea how to go about it, but have found a couple of tutorials on the subject, so maybe learning a new skill is in my future.  I also found and downloaded some campfire props I found over on ST, so now I have teepees and campfires, so I should be able (theoritically, at least) to create Native American villages. 

I know my teepee quest is OT for this thread, but thanks again for everyone's help!

Lora/LD

EDITIt, my great friend, is not possible to go OT on 3RR.  Not.  Possible. -DE

Rayden

I also did a quick test with a small tent night lighted. :thumbsup:

EDITYou are now the Tent God, Silvio.  You're going to need a bunch of those for that campground.  Has anyone ever done a pop-up pickup truck camper, or better yet one of those VW bus contraptions?. -DE

jorgevil

hi :),im sorry to post this here... but im new, and i dont know where to put ti. :(
im looking so badly for this region http://ingame.ingame.de/mapbase/index.php?action=file&cid=87&fid=561 for a long time already.the Mittelerde Region 55mb. from Christl.
Could anybody be so nice an help me with this.
where i can download the region...? or how i can contact the author?
thanx
jorge

EDITJorge, welcome to 3RR, and thanks for your post.  I have taken a look, and I am sorry to tell you I have no clue where to find the region you are looking for.  I'm hoping one of our readers will be able to help out. -DE

girlfromverona

Hey! Belated congrats on making it to 4 years!! Sorry I haven't popped in for a while. RL has been rather hectic and probably won't slow down for a few weeks yet. I'm still very keen to work on the collaboration, though... I also can't wait to see pics from others once they get started.  ;D

EDITMarisa, great to hear from you- we're leaving the light on for 'ya. -DE

ldvger

David-

This is horribly OT, so my apologies in advance, but do you remember the beta large PW tiles you made a while back?  They show up in the Mayor menu under Utilities/Water in two sizes, 9x12 cells and 3x4 cells. 

I've been making fairly extensive use of the plops in building some large high altitude fresh water lakes in my MD region and LOVE the ease of use these plops provide for covering large areas.  However, I am noticing some oddities and, being as how you are the creator, I thought I'd report back to you the couple of quirks I've noticed.

1.)  On two of the 4 city tiles I have used the plops on, the plops disappear when I rotate my view.  They do not re-appear when I rotate back to the original orientation.

2.)  On the same two city tiles, I cannot bulldoze the plops.  The bulldozer tool seems to act normally, even so far as shaking the screen view and ka-boom sound effects, but the plops don't go away. 

In both cases, I am using only the 9x12 plops.  Both of the city tiles in question are at the far NW corner of my region and I have had some other graphic anomolies in that corner of the region, so it may just be a RAM or graphics card issue on my end.  The plops perform perfectly in the other two city tiles, both located to the game south of the problem tiles. 

I know your plate is full with RL and 3RR collaborations, so I don't expect you to spend time with these issues, but as a "beta tester", I wanted to let you know I perhaps found some bugs. 

Lora/LD

EDITLora, check the dates on those files.  My recollection is that there were "eternal lot" issues with an earlier revision of the 9x12 PW pane.  I'll post a link to a technique that you can use to get rid of the problem.  I'll also repost the current pane, which interestingly enough I have been modifying to make it easier to use in connection with the collaboration quads.  Watch the next couple of posts- I'll get back this in the next day or two. -DE

dedgren

A crazy week!

A trial each day- actually Tuesday and Wednesday were day one and day two of the same trial, but last weekend seems so far away now it hardly matters.

Anyway, how about an eye candy pic?

Those are Gizmo28's great water flora waterlilies [linkie] edited to make a "no-flower" variantand then run through Cogeo's excellent SC4 Model Tweaker tool [linkie] to make them half-size.  All credit for the original BAT object goes to Gizmo28- I am just a humble technician, not an artist.

So, here's the rest of the story.

and

So, do these look like they'd be of interest to you?

I've attached them to the bottom of this post, along with the MODded Flora Tuning Parameters exemplar file you need in order for seasonal ploppables to work.  If you've already installed the FTP file, you only need one.  Please, as well, DL Gizmo28's water flora- it's not really a dependency, but the work is all his (and the other stuff in the file is pretty nifty in any event).

Be thinking, with respect to the above pics, what else should be done to make that scene truly seasonal.  The cattails should turn into a dried bunch of stalks- that's an obvious one and I'm already on it.  How about the RRP grass turning into a brown duff texture in fall and winter?  I know there are more.

So many great comments while I was out of action for a few days- I'll be going back through them and responding shortly.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax