• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryBirdsFan436

Are you going to put an attachment for the 6S transition fix. BTW, will the 6S revert to a 4 tile network?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on July 28, 2012, 12:23:14 AM
Are you going to put an attachment for the 6S transition fix. BTW, will the 6S revert to a 4 tile network?

A fix for the 6S transition is (somewhat) within reason (but someone's gotta make it first).

And no; 6S is a one-tile network. Typically, when we're discussing S-networks, we only regard half of what should be two halves of a full highway; A "full/dual" 6S would take up four tiles if this were RHW version 3, whereas now, a "full/dual" 6S would only take up two; One for each side. Unless you already have a two-tile 6S laying around, there's no way a simple pathfix can jumble up the RUL-2 code into making 6S a two-tile network again. Chances are, you're gonna wanna destroy any such instances...

And to answer your question further, we ain't rolling it back to a two-tile network, either.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

AngryBirdsFan436

So it's impossible to revert the 6S back to a 2 tile network because if its 1 tile, the overhanging shoulder would disappear if you're making a sunken RHW-6S.
Anyway, regarding the RHW-8S to 6S Style B and Style D transition problem. I found out that the transition has a MISSING PATH on the merge area (the regular 8S to 6S transition have the correct paths).

Look closely at the circled part. THere's a small missing path there on the merge area and that's the area where cars dissapear. Did you notice that when you open the DrawPaths cheat?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on July 28, 2012, 02:16:56 AM
So it's impossible to revert the 6S back to a 2 tile network because the overhanging shoulder would disappear if you're making a sunken RHW-6S.

No, because it'd be redundant to do so and would just make RULing twice as hard.

Look even closer and you'll see why there's a path missing: That thing is on the border of two different tiles. It could've gone past anyone, though technically not a problem because the crossover paths on the 8S part prior to the problem area would compensate. (Would still be filled in either way...)

Look at the bottom edge of the photo and you'll see the sliver of path that's missing; It was copied to the wrong tile...
<INACTIVE>
-----

jdenm8

Congratulations! You found the same thing I did!

As for a fix, if one hasn't been made by someone else when I get up, I'll make one myself.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Kitsune

Are more bridges likely to be released when the next version of rhw is ?
~ NAM Team Member

jdenm8

Attached is the promised fix for the above issue with the Type B and D Cosmetic RHW-8S to RHW-6S transitions.

Drop it in the RHW folder in your NAM installation.

Tarkus

Just thought I'd give everyone a little update, since things have been quiet.  We're still progressing on the second draft of the P57 specs, and while we don't have anything really interesting to show here from it (unless you enjoy gawking at RUL1 and RUL2 code), it's coming along.  It'll be awhile before we have the fourth alpha build onto the Associates, but once that happens, we'll have lots of interesting things to show as we get closer to release.

Thank you all for your patience and continued support. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Kitsune on July 29, 2012, 06:08:52 PM
Are more bridges likely to be released when the next version of rhw is ?

As new bridges are predicated on the P57 specs being in place, and there's already some in the works, I'd say yes.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, it's been quiet here in this thread. But, I'm recreating Paradise City from Burnout Paradise (Fun and great game ;)). And the I-88 is partly a DDRHW-8. Is the DDRHW-8 already in developement? BTW does anyone here play Burnout Paradise? :)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on August 19, 2012, 07:24:38 AM
Is the DDRHW-8 already in developement? BTW does anyone here play Burnout Paradise? :)

1. No, and we'd need to first resolve the issue with DDRHW-4 first before doing anything else with DDRHWs.

2. No; I haven't heard of it, and that's off-topic.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

The DDRHW-8 is only on the drawing board at this point.  It's in a very basic conceptual stage, and we haven't even attempted a working prototype at this point (even before the capacity issues were discovered with the DDRHW-4).

NAM 31 is about P57, and NAM 32 will be focused on the NWM and TuLEPs, so you'd probably be looking at NAM 33 or 34.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

And the other one of the two should have a focus on the SAM, RAM, TRAM and CAN-AM.

On another note I was thinking about the Non-Flex-SPUI-Base-sans-Overpass idea again just now.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

Actually, the SAM had this kind of massive back-end upgrade in NAM30 (It's one of the hidden features and doesn't require a SAM update). The RAM is pretty resiliently coded and doesn't have a lot of old zombie code like the RHW and NWM.

TRAM and CAN-AM don't need overhauls as they are both entirely Puzzle Piece based.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on August 19, 2012, 08:01:12 PM
And the other one of the two should have a focus on the SAM, RAM, TRAM and CAN-AM.

On another note I was thinking about the Non-Flex-SPUI-Base-sans-Overpass idea again just now.

SAM - Accommodating SAM-RHW and SAM-NWM crossings is planned, probably more so with SAM-RHW this time around.
RAM (TTR) - On hold due to a developmental hiccup...
TRAM - As in NWM-Tram, there are absolutely no concrete plans, and if there were any, they'd be NAM 32+ material. If not, there aren't any plans with that, either.
CanAM - See TRAM.

SPUI - Care to elaborate?
<INACTIVE>
-----

Nanami

Any plan to bring pararel exit to RHW networks? like those from MHW network:

as this in RL:

Tarkus

I have been thinking of something to accomplish Frontage Road-type setups, but it won't be an MHW-style solution, as the number of pieces would become absurd if they were all-in-one setups like that instead of more RHW-style modular ones.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

The closest thing to doing such a set-up is to do two FARHW ramp pieces like so:

(credit to Alex for the image)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Nanami

that trick seems close enough....

thanks anyway

edit: could it work with the one way road like in the picture?

Wiimeiser

The original SPUI only allowed crossover turning, Right-turns in RHD had to be handled by a separate road. I think at-grade junctions like that do exist, where a road turns off diagonally and goes sort of parallel, but you can't travel directly between the two. Maybe I should post an image?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----