• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellodave

WOW.
I mean, erm, what? Mind blown.
Just when I think I can't be any more amazed with the things you guys do, I get more amazed.
Incredible.
&apls

compdude787

Wow, seeing you do all this (which I don't know if I could do) makes me have even more respect for all the work that goes into making these pieces! Very impressive! :D &apls &apls
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Simcoug

Shadow Assassin

If I could, I'd totally give you a K-point, Ganaram! That's seriously impressive stuff.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on September 10, 2014, 05:04:23 AM
If I could, I'd totally give you a K-point, Ganaram! That's seriously impressive stuff.
Done that for ya! :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

compdude787

[pic of FARHW-8S]

Ooh, nice new FARHW-8S photo! That's something that's been missing for a long while. Any plans to make FARHW-10 puzzle pieces too? If so, I'd suggest doing them much the same as the FARHW-6C and -8C pieces are set up, with no gap in between, as there's no RHW-10C. FARHW-10 would be really nice because I currently have a kink in my RHW-10 (two sharp 45 degree curves that make a sharp s-curve) that could use some FA pieces to smooth out.

EDIT: Just noticed that that's FAR-2. Things are getting even better!!!! I also forgot the obligatory applause and two thumbs up for the NAM team. :D

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls x9004 ;D

EDIT2: Gotta throw in a dancing elephant too because the NAM team deserves one ;D  &dance

My YouTube Channel

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: compdude787 on September 09, 2014, 01:11:27 PM
Wow, seeing you do all this (which I don't know if I could do) makes me have even more respect for all the work that goes into making these pieces! Very impressive! :D &apls &apls
Quote from: MandelSoft on September 10, 2014, 05:46:01 AM
Done that for ya! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Ironically, when I started EDRI back in May, my only intention was to see if I can draggablise the current set of FlexRamps, like the 8S D2 Ramp and the 8S D1 Ramp. Type A2 and B2 DRIs for all RHW-6S+ networks was the first thing it exploded into. Hopefully it shows that you don't need puzzle pieces for anything. (Well, anything that's periodic, and ramp interfaces are periodic.)

Quote from: compdude787 on September 10, 2014, 11:53:41 AM
EDIT: Just noticed that that's FAR-2. Things are getting even better!!!! I also forgot the obligatory applause and two thumbs up for the NAM team. :D

EDIT2: Gotta throw in a dancing elephant too because the NAM team deserves one ;D  &dance

I was gonna say, the term FARHW has now become as vague as ERHW; if you say ERHW-6, do you mean L1 RHW-6S, L2 RHW-6S, L3 RHW-6S, L4 RHW-6S, L1 RHW-6C, or L2 RHW-6C? FARHW's the same deal now; do you mean FA3 RHW-8S or FA2 RHW-8S?

What else do you think "Nine degrees of separation" means?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

compdude787

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on September 10, 2014, 12:15:45 PM
I was gonna say, the term FARHW has now become as vague as ERHW; if you say ERHW-6, do you mean L1 RHW-6S, L2 RHW-6S, L3 RHW-6S, L4 RHW-6S, L1 RHW-6C, or L2 RHW-6C? FARHW's the same deal now; do you mean FA3 RHW-8S or FA2 RHW-8S?

What else do you think "Nine degrees of separation" means?

Well, I wrote the post before I realized that Shadow Assassin was showing FA-2 in his picture. So now FARHW is no longer an unambiguous term. Anyway, for the currently existing FA puzzle pieces, I'm referring to FA-3 as there aren't any FA-2 RHW puzzle pieces in the publicly-available NAM. But for the FARHW-10 I'm referring to FA-2 and FA-3; both would be nice to have.

My YouTube Channel

vinlabsc3k

"Simply" awesome!! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

I can't wait for these new features. :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Swordmaster

Great work Ganaram. Keep going ;)

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

GDO29Anagram

0_x

http://www.youtube.com/v/Vhcj2I_z76s

I think I just simplified the D1 and E1 ramp patterns by 70 billion light years...

If you wanna compare it with the pattern I had for it before...

http://www.youtube.com/v/xVK19zljqfE

That video also shows some of the patterns I had planned for the Type X2 ramps as well, but with that newfound innovation, it means that I can recycle some of the old patterns and even remove the need of that stub remover method thingamabob doohickey.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

shanghai kid

looks great, specially the one to two lane exit trick.
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

compdude787

I like the new pattern you came up with; seems a lot simpler. So you basically drag down a few tiles, then out to the left a few tiles to get that diagonal? Did I see that right?

My YouTube Channel

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: compdude787 on September 10, 2014, 11:53:41 AM
Ooh, nice new FARHW-8S photo! That's something that's been missing for a long while. Any plans to make FARHW-10 puzzle pieces too? If so, I'd suggest doing them much the same as the FARHW-6C and -8C pieces are set up, with no gap in between, as there's no RHW-10C. FARHW-10 would be really nice because I currently have a kink in my RHW-10 (two sharp 45 degree curves that make a sharp s-curve) that could use some FA pieces to smooth out.

You were saying about FA-2 RHW-10S?

As for quad-tile (that's 2x10S, for example)... wait and see. ;)
New Horizons Productions

Gugu3

dexter89

Hey guys,
I'm really happy with the RHW in NAM32.1 (Mac), but I have one problem: when using the QuickChange Partial Diamond (L0 RHW, L1 Surface) piece and connecting the ramp to the L1 road, the viaduct pieces of the road over the RHW4 change into a surface-level crossing. It's the same thing that happens in Tarkus' video at 7:17: http://youtu.be/aGd4b4YD_84?t=7m16s. He does something to revert back to a L1 viaduct, but what?
Thanks!

joshua43214

Quote from: dexter89 on September 15, 2014, 09:20:41 AM
Hey guys,
I'm really happy with the RHW in NAM32.1 (Mac), but I have one problem: when using the QuickChange Partial Diamond (L0 RHW, L1 Surface) piece and connecting the ramp to the L1 road, the viaduct pieces of the road over the RHW4 change into a surface-level crossing. It's the same thing that happens in Tarkus' video at 7:17: http://youtu.be/aGd4b4YD_84?t=7m16s. He does something to revert back to a L1 viaduct, but what?
Thanks!

He just plopped a single RHW tile into the overpass.
When you build NAM intersections or interchanges, you will often see reversion like this. You just click around with the appropriate network until everything sets up correctly. So, use RHW for real highways, use roads or one-way with NWM, etc. Sometimes you have to click many tiles away from where the problem is. When building really complicated interchanges, you can spend a lot of time "madly clicking around" until it all sets up.

Shadow Assassin

FA2 RHW-4:

Moving at a decent clip - need to rewrite some RULs for the straight piece, flubbed some parts of it.
New Horizons Productions

Gugu3