• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Any way to add this custom statue I made in milkshape to origin SimCity 4?

Started by joewinko, July 18, 2016, 12:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joewinko

I made this statue in milkshape and I wanted to put it in SimCity 4:

i read that i have to use building architect tool or 'BAT' to put it in the game. BUT i have the origin version of simcity 4 and apparently BAT isn't compatible with the origin version of SimCity 4. I tried installing it but it just gave me this error message:

is there any other way to get it to work? any other programs i could use to import it in the game besides BAT? i already learned that simcity 4 mods are 2.5D files, but can i export a model like that with any other program?

in a few other simcity 4 forums, many people told me that i would have to buy the game all over again as a disk but i really don't want to have to do that (don't be harsh, i just don't want to). Does anyone know of any other ways i could get the statue in the game?

please help <3

mgb204

Quote from: joewinko on July 18, 2016, 12:10:31 AM
is there any other way to get it to work? any other programs i could use to import it in the game besides BAT? i already learned that simcity 4 mods are 2.5D files, but can i export a model like that with any other program?

in a few other simcity 4 forums, many people told me that i would have to buy the game all over again as a disk but i really don't want to have to do that (don't be harsh, i just don't want to). Does anyone know of any other ways i could get the statue in the game?

Just because you don't like the answer, doesn't make it incorrect. Sorry, but there is only one application that has ever been able to export models for SC4. And Origin have stuffed you with regards to installing SC4 BAT. Honestly, at sale prices (or the cost of second hand disks on eBay) being around $5 / £5 / 5€ or less, I'd consider how much my time was worth before wasting any more time trying to circumvent the impossible.

joewinko

Quote from: mgb204 on July 18, 2016, 01:51:13 AM
Quote from: joewinko on July 18, 2016, 12:10:31 AM

Just because you don't like the answer, doesn't make it incorrect. Sorry, but there is only one application that has ever been able to export models for SC4. And Origin have stuffed you with regards to installing SC4 BAT. Honestly, at sale prices (or the cost of second hand disks on eBay) being around $5 / £5 / 5€ or less, I'd consider how much my time was worth before wasting any more time trying to circumvent the impossible.

fair enough, BUT before i do that. here's the polycount for the model i wanted to import into SC4:

if i go get a new copy of simcity 4, will i be able to put this model in the game anyway? it's has almost 9,000 triangles.

MushyMushy

The polycount of the model has no effect on whether it will work in the game since the game uses flat images of the model. The only effect a high polycount will have (and 9000 is not high at all) is that it will make rendering the images take longer than something that's the same size but has fewer polys.