• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

I'll even up the score with a vote for Colyn
2/2
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

threestooges

That misty valley of waterfalls looks absolutely stunning, but I believe I will have to vote for Colyn's pic this time (by a very small margin though)

3/2 in favor of Colyn.

HabLeUrG

this is a hard one, but like jacqulina picture  ;)

3/3

thundercrack83

I agree with HabLeUrG--this one is tough. But, I'm going to vote for Jacky.

4-3, Jacky.

praiodan

DebussyMan

I like Colyn's best. Though Jackie's is really impressive too, reminds me of a rain forest (exept for all the conifers &sly)

Anyways, vot for Colyn.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

meinhosen

This is a toughie.  I love Jacky's pic - the waterfalls, streams, and trees really pretty; Colyn's is equally as stunning with the neighborhood.

My vote goes to Colyn, evening the score at 5/5

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

D66

WoW...what a very very hard decision...I think this match will be very close....my vote is for Colyn... &apls

BigSlark

Colyn has nailed exurbia with not only the road but using houses that I've never seen before. Your scenery looks good Jacky, but I have to go with Colyn.

7/5, correct?

vab423

I'm all about serenity this week - Jacky's picture is almost as good as Valium. 

8/5 (I think, but someone had better double-check)

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

callagrafx

Vicki...nope, it's 7/6 to Colyn.....

Actually, 7 all now as I'm going for the falls....
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Masochist

Make that 7/8 Jackie, cuz I'm loving those falls ;)!
(Under Construction)

Bongoswimp

Colyn

Jacqulina

Another vote for Jacky. Just love that nature shot.

9/7 Jacky
I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

Travis

I'll vote again for Jackie. What can I say? I love waterfalls.  :)

Anyways, I'll try again here.

Summer day on Horseshoe Creek:

Bongoswimp

Wow! There's nothing like some good CP Lots. :o

1/0 for Travis
I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

Citynut

I really like the falls alot but I would have to say there is something about that one house with the trail with the river in the backyard - so my vote goes for horseshoe creek
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

thundercrack83

Travis has my vote! 3-0, Travis!

glepet

A nice street to live on. I'd like to have a stream running through my backyard. My vote to Travis.

Colyn

This is a PHOTO CONTEST and as such I feel that the presentation is more important than the subject matter. Having said that I have to add ... this board is full of MD's where city building skills and layout can be showcased. In this forum I expect to see the special photos ... those little places that makes you smile when you see it in your city ... like in real life ... you take pictures of the things that is special. Then you go and get a nice frame for it or you put it in your album to show it to others. That is what I expect to see here ... presentation.

Both the contestors in the current challenge are straight screen shots with no PHOTO PRESENTATION and I cannot vote for that with a clear conscience because every vote makes it possible for a shot to get to the Hall of Fame.

So I will wait and vote when there is a shot that is worthy of the Hall of Fame.

The score is 4/0 for Travis.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

CabraBuitre

Whether there's a frame around it or not, I honestly don't think that takes away from a picture's viability.  If it really IS in an album, it won't have any kind of frame, or anything, and one's ability to take a picutre isn't affected by one's ability to capture an image worthy of a showcase.

I, for one, probably can capture an image that would be worthy of presentation, as a picture.  I have zero photo presentations... in fact, any modification that I would make with any type of photo editing software would make the presentation worse, by anyone's standards.

I value your opinion Colyn, but I have to disagree with you on this.

EDIT: In fact... if you look at the Hall of Fame, the FIRST image has no apparent modifications, and the majority have no frame.

Check out Abelfarei!