• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimTarkus - Musings on SimCity 4 and Its Online Community

Started by Tarkus, April 27, 2013, 10:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

For some time now, I've been toying with the idea of starting up a blog, offering commentary and tutorials pertaining to SC4 and its community, and in the past couple weeks, I finally took the plunge and opened up SimTarkus.  The URL is as follows:

http://simtarkus.wordpress.com/

There's not too much there, aside from a couple editorials I've just posted--one clearing up misconceptions about the CAM, and the other discussing the problems with "underground" redistribution (adapted from a recent Reddit post of mine).

I'm hoping to get a series of posts compiled in the near term, offering advice to new/returning SC4 players on how to get started on using custom content to enhance their games, and perhaps offer some "behind-the-scenes" of my various projects from time to time.

-Alex

JoeST

Awesome stuff Alex, *follows* I look forward to reading more :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

j-dub

Huh. Well, would you look at that, well, thanks for sharing. This would be great for reducing bandwidth from both sites combined.

Tarkus

Thanks, Joe and j-dub! :thumbsup:  I'll probably have some more editorial stuff up in the near term.

Quote from: j-dub on April 29, 2013, 11:27:39 PM
This would be great for reducing bandwidth from both sites combined.

At present, I'm not planning to host downloads on SimTarkus.  It's on a free WordPress plan at present, and I'd have to shell out some money to be able to host .zip files (though I could host NAM documentation).  Mostly, my plan is to use it as a place to make more editorial-style posts, which aren't really forum material, as well as offer up some user advice type things in a different venue.

-Alex