• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

flame1396's Eyecandy [Teaser: 07-02-08]

Started by flame1396, June 12, 2007, 09:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Like what I see so far, this is a nicely planned area with a good transport network. :)

I understand why you keep the traffic "turned off" while you are developing, but if you can why not
turn it back on just while you are taking your photos. It just adds that extra bit of realism. Regardless,
I'm looking forward to see how this develops.

Cheers

Dave

flame1396

Update 3! Not the so called "big" update... It ain't coming!  :D

Updates have been slow because I've gotten fed up with West Derry. It is so stagnant and my skils have progressed past the level at which that city was constructed. And I never complete anything anyway....  $%Grinno$%

I found a new region I liked and then heavily terraformed it with one of wounagaine's (read: god's) awesome tools, SC4TF.

After 2 hours of terraforming it was at a state where I was satisfied so I got to building. I am extremely, EXTREMELY pleased with the results so far.

Replies:

TTC (Derry): Like I stated in earlier, detail settings.  :)

Mulefisk: I like the loop too, it came out well and I'm proud of it  ()stsfd(). Now I could do better though...

Cityhawk: Ditto for Mulefisk's comment!

BTW guys.... The transport network in that city SUCKS. All the traffic is one like 3 roads. Kills the growth....  ()sad() And I can't seem to fix it.

emilin: Diagonals would be awesome. But then again that set is well designed around the highway exits. Uniquely.

Bengt: I always appreciate good humor! And if you remember I convinced you to release that one....  :D

EDGE4194: That is one of my favorite things about reading CJs... the wealth of interesting ideas to steal implement.

patfirefghtr: Thanks.  Short and sweet comments can sometimes be some of the best!

oyd: Thanks I worked hard on that. Though in reality is is actually rather simple.

tooheys: I may turn it on for that but mayybe not. Depends on my mood. And like I said earlier: The transport network actually really really sucks. Lol.

So no more boring talky stuff. Pictures!!!!

Just a view of the only interesting part of the region. The rest is flat, and the coast largely boring!

A bridge ending in the new city. This is the most important and maybe only bridge to downtown.

A random closeup of the bridge. I love this style and few people use it....  ()what()

Central Island for the bridge.... I used what was there. And it makes it look better IMO.

And overview before I built some other stuff.

I always make the power and water produced in tucked away places.

Another angle. I faced them out to the water after the pic was shot.

Early suburb development. Euro burbs are so good looking!

El rail terminus. You can catch a bus over the bridge here!

Another angle. This is a japanese bat... from NOB I *think*

Different overview.

Region shot.

Thanks and until next time! Please comment!  :thumbsup:
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

BigSlark

Sorry, I didn't see it yesterday.

I, too, love that bridge flame1396. NOB does make great transit stations, I wish more of his stuff was in English. I'm looking forward to a massive port city!

Cheers,
Kevin

beskhu3epnm

Dear flame1396,

An excellent update, if I do say so myself. The island between the two bridges has given me some great ideas for my current region.

I would also like to point out the nice terraforming on your selected city tiles. The peninsula-type formation is something you may see on the Gulf Coast (Texas - Florida) and works very very well.

Also, the absence of shorlines and perfect fitting tiles gives the pictures an industrious feel. Very nice!

Overall, a pretty good update!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

BigSlark

I agree with beskhu3epnm, the terrain does look like the Gulf. However, very few places in the Gulf have lots of seawalls, there's more rip rap (like jeronji's set) and just natural coastline.

Whether or not that is your inspiration, its just an observation from a Gulf Stater.

Cheers,
Kevin

Pat

Flame sorry i missed this last 24hrs i've been very scarce as since ive been planning a 4th of July parade
for the fire dept uggggggh thank god soon to be over and done with LoL... With what Beskhu3epnm and
Kevin ( BigSlark ) have said rings true with my comment as well...  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

flame1396

New update when I get around to it.... I have new material....

The downtown isnt coming out to my satisfaction. I'll blow up the buildings and show the seawall stuff...

And no it isnt based off of the Gulf. Most of my cities end up looking as though they were from New England or the Pacific Northwest.

However the map is a modified version of a map from Florida!
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Pat

patiently awaiting the update Flame....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

wonderful update! Great region shot! Also nice pictures of that bridge! :thumbsup:

flame1396

Sorry for the lack of an update. I've been preoccupied. And in SC4 I'm debating doing a city with a very heavy industrial base (little or no downtown). This would be waaaaaay out of my comfort zone and I've never really tried anything close to the difficulty of this project.

Industry was always my SC4 shortcoming. I'm working on making it my strong point. Buildings and cheating and huge BATs oh my!

Pat

Flame all i can say is just give it a crack and remeber have fun doing it...  Just make sure if you are going to do a industry tile make sure you have plenty of rail connections to the other citys and also make sure the other citys around have a good residential base. those are the only 2 tips i can think of for ya's.. - pat

FissileBread

I like your work so far, that el-rail station and the bridges are excellent. Keep it up.

flame1396

Sorry, haven't updated in way too long. School started, busy busy busy.

Update as soon as I can :) New map.

Pat

Hey flame its all good... RL is first and exspecialy school at that!!! but i will be waiting for an update or even a teaser - pat

flame1396

Its on the way. I'll fire up SC4 tomorrow... I was busy today (2 essays due... one today  &mmm laaate)

I got the "damn I miss SC4" feeling today in art class. And with the influx of not-crap into the STEX I'm quite happy and rarin' to go.

Pat

LoL its seems all is getting to be good for you flame and im still waiting patiently lol

flame1396

Industrial city - Mount Robson map teaser

Waaaaay out of my comfort zone. I have little experience with sculpting industry and even less with mountains  ;D... I have however taken the time to download everything I passed up before due to massive dependency lists.

Spent a day last month or so touching up the map for work.... My pitiful Hill-building skills need to get better fast :)

(sorry about size, not too bad but I haven't yet figured out how to do the thumbnails with Photobucket.)

Pat

IMHO Flame skip the thumbnails they bite the big torch... Ummm excuse me btw them mountains are fantastic i reallly like them alot and are very good  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bat

Fantastic looking region there! Great work on it! :thumbsup:

Starmanw402007

I agree, those Mountains Look Fanstatic! Keep Up The Great Work!!

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)