• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

flame1396's Eyecandy [Teaser: 07-02-08]

Started by flame1396, June 12, 2007, 09:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat56

Waouwww... I like this MD so much. Superb use of the custom content... &apls  &apls  &apls
The region view is also incredible!

flame1396

*sips strawberry soda* Ahh... Viva Mexico! (or at least the bottling plants)  ;)

...foreign soda is always the best...

Oh, you wanted an update... riiight. Sorry!  $%Grinno$%

Here is an overview of the industrial area so far. Its the whole city as of right now, lol!

Closer view of the railyard... North Country Dude pwns  :thumbsup:

Refinery area. Took a while to do. The whole area took a few hours, spread over about a month.  ::)

The little part you can't see in the overview. The loading docks are seawalls.

Usage of seawalls again. Somy pwns too.  ;D

Different angle. I used the pipeline set to fill in the empty space, came out well.

Power plant, when I plopped it it was immediately over capacity. I have another one masquerading as a factory. Can you find it. Here's a hint: SG pwns too!  :thumbsup:

Refinery flarestack, functions as a fire station. Cool.

Last pic.... sorry for a short update. Its all I have so far.

I could use some time to spare  &mmm...

Back to the soda.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Krio

Must say that industrial area looks superb so far  :thumbsup:

flame1396

Yes... 2 updates in one day.  :thumbsup:

Both are sorta small though... so... maybe only counts as 1?

Well I've been busy. I filled maybe 400 tiles in 2 hours.. I work slow. Very slow.

Though I did jack it all up halfway through with a slip of the hand. Causing the god mode tool to blow up most of the city  ::)

I like this. Freight depot and some dirty factories.

Coal mine... I think this looks good for only 10 minutes of work. Sorry for the UI  :-[

Come... c-closer... I notice that SG's coal is too light while Jeroni's is too dark  &mmm

Freight depot close-up.

Another view of some new construction.

And some personal replies...

beskhu3epnm - thanks, that region has been put on hiatus for now. Having downtown builder's-block lol. If you've read AK's CJ over at ST you may recognize some similarities between that city and one of his.

BigSlark - I just liked the shape of the map... Not trying to do a gulf style city. I'd be too worried that a hurricane would come along and destroy all my hard work!  ::)

bat56 - Thanks... you may be surprised that my plugins folder is only just past 1GB  ;)

starmanw402007 - You may be glad to know I'll be leaving the mountains alone for the most part. Trees will be added... when I get around to it. (read: only god knows when I'll get around to it)

patfirefghtr - Thanks for your patience. I hope you enjoy the fruits of my laziness labor.  :D
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Pat

LoL flame i sure do i sure do.... your rail yards are stunning... i truly enjoyed them as it has given me an idea how to develop my newest project i should be starting soon its a OIL depot well err umm top secret on further details. It requires a level 12 security clearance....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Wonderful new pictures of your industrial area! Great rail yard! :thumbsup:

Sober

That's an amazing rail yard you have going there, I'm getting jealous already. I'd have to take a week off just to get something like that right!  :P

flame1396

I have bad news....

some odd thing wiped my mydocs folder (virus??) I lost my most recent region but luckily no plugins or older regions.

Pat

flame one thing i learned is never look at it as bad luck but a chance for a fresh beging to start fresher and newer from what you have learned and experitmented with....  with that said i cant wait to see what you come up with!!!  - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

flame1396

This is what I came up with!

I'm not totally happy with it. mainly the area around the twin towers...  &mmm Can't figure out why though... I'll just build the city up and do better on the next one I guess.

Transport view. Much more planned than any system I've done before.

The area I don't like, this, has its merits but... I just don't really like it. Maybe it'll look better when drowned in the rest of the city?

I love the skywalks. They match these buildings perfectly but didn't come as a set. Its jsut a compatibility I've found. Quite pleasing.

I like everything in this shot.

So-so.

This looks good too.

My favorite shot of the update. Wonderful.

Overview. Not my favorite downtown I've ever done.

Region shot.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm trying to build this city at a decent rate. Lots of midrise planned.

Pat

flame not to bad at all just a little more devolpment and see where this takes you... throw in some rec areas and what nots and i think you will have something worthwhile here...

thundercrack83

Congratulations and welcome to the Ones to Watch, flame1396!

bat

Congrats on the moving to the "Ones to Watch"! &apls

And another great update! Nice looking downtown so far! :thumbsup:

rooker1

I had not seen the last three updates, no matter thier size, and they were great.  Your indusrial sector looks great, as well as your city.  I can't wait to see them come together, it will be interesting to see how you do it.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

flame1396

@ rooker1 - the industrial sector is lost. I posted a little while ago about some weird thing that happened. That region was new and not yet backed up. The city is totally separate.

EDIT: Oh yeah... w00t! Moved up.

flame1396

Another update. Sweet and sour though. Apparently my nightlights don't work anymore.  :angrymore:

See?  &mmm

And clip2pic had an eff-up and didn't take my last 4 pics.  &sly

But on to the good stuff....

Hah, nope. Replies first:

@ Pat: I think it looks better. I invested more time into it and I must say I'm happy with the results.

@ thundercrack83: Yay, finally hit the first milestone!  :thumbsup:

@ bat: Thanks

Already replied to rooker1 in the above post.

I changed my graphics settings. So you'll see shadows and one ambulance.  :D

Sorry if any images look like the last update. I was doing close-ups and wasn't paying close attention to placed photographed before.

New overview.

Here is a picture of the new area. Would look great if the damn nightlights would show  >:(

Closer overview of the new areas. I reworked some old ones.

Reworked the "centerpiece"... I like this a lot more than the old one with the twin towers.

Slightly better view.

On to the closeups... The best way to show off a city. In my (not very) humble opinion.

I really like this one.

This one too.

The yellow building is a police station.

New station too. Japanese.

And for anyone who may wonder... Here is an insight into how I play the game.

Cheating much?

Please let me know what you think.  :thumbsup:

flame1396

Eaven Moore (SC2k fans will get this joke)

I blew up the wall to wall And added this. I'm paying lots of attention to adding parking and alleyways. And shopping and corner restaurants. This is the most realistic downtown I'm made. Ever.

New overview.

I love that KSM building. So unique. There are a couple of maxis buildings in here too. Can you see em all?

The corner shops I mentioned earlier

Krio

Quite realistic CBD, but you could show us the finished city and not just progress, but it's fun to watch.

thundercrack83

Looking good, my friend! Things seem to progressing nicely! I like your choice of buildings and placement. Keep up the good work!

bat

Wonderful new updates! Great work on that city! :thumbsup: