• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urban

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

MandelSoft

Nice Update, Hal.

A happy New Year!

Maarten

EDIT:
By the way, what program do you use when you're making UDI-video's? Inspired by your movies, I want to something simmilar in Imaginia
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Great last update there for the year 2008!

And Happy New Year! ;)

genemc777

what are thoes huge lights that everybody has by their highways? what is their purpose? ()what()

Pat

Hey Hal great last update here and welcome to OSITM sir wow!!! XD congrats man!!!! Happy New Years and it seems I am your first post for 2009 and I cant wait to see what is in store for this month and this year as well!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

Quote from: genemc777 on December 31, 2008, 08:41:02 AM
what are thoes huge lights that everybody has by their highways? what is their purpose? ()what()

Highway Light Towers [linkie]. It's a pure cosmetic feature.

sim_link

Haljackey, I really like how you have trees all around the RHW in the 5th picture. :) The park in the 3rd picture is amazing too! :thumbsup:
Great attention to detail &apls
-sim_link

Haljackey

Hmm...  Well it looks like the GTR got into OSITM for January 09.  I just wanted to give a word of thanks to whoever made this possible.  This is the GTR's first time in OSITM, and I intend to put it to good use!

...But for now all I have for you is a teaser.  I almost always give full updates when I post, so teaser posts are rare for the GTR.  Its just a little something to say hello to OSITM.  I'll get back to your wonderful comments when I make the GTR's first OSITM update.

Its time to put the pedal to the metal!  Here's the teaser to start you off:

Teaser
Click for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

I hope you enjoy it!  This should show you what RHW 3.0 is capable of!  $%Grinno$%

More on that later.  ;)

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Gosh, Hal, posting the same picture in 3 threads!  :P
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

thundercrack83

metarvo

Teasing, yet pleasing!  :D  With pictures like that one, it's really no surprise at all that you got OSITM, Hal.  GTR continues to impress me, and I'm sure others feel the same way.  There is something to be said about complex, varied transportation systems that actually work, and yours work quite well.  Of course, teaser shots of new additions, such as the imminent ::) RHW v. 3.0 release (to borrow a term from another transit legend, besides the one who is writing this MD), are sure to keep GTR supplied with a steady stream of viewers and posters.  Congratulations, Hal.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Jmouse

Congratulations, Haljackey! Hope you enjoy your time in OSITM - I'm sure the rest of us will! ;D

Later...
Joan

bat

Congratulations for this OSITM-award threre, Haljackey!
And nice teaser! Looking forward to more pictures...

sim_link

With the amazing job you're doing haljackey it's no wonder the GTR is OSITM, congrats! :thumbsup:
The teaser is very teasing :P Though I must admit, it looks rather familiar, almost like I've seen it before... $%Grinno$%

Can't wait to see more pictures!
-sim_link

MandelSoft

Congratulations, Haljackey! After the SC4D Best Urban MD award, now you have the OSITM! Great job!  :thumbsup:

TheChosenOne

Hey Hal.!
It's me TheChosenOne from ST, now I'll reply on the GTR here on SC4D, because it's quicker  :satisfied:
Wow cool teaser! Finally RHW on-slope puzzle pieces! And congrats for the OSITM award! Well deserved!
-TheChosenOne

rooker1

Hal,
Congrats on your move to OSITM, can't wait to see what you do for us this month.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Nexis4Jersey

Haljackey

All right, I'd better get back to your comments now before they become overwhelming!  :P

Replies:

io_bg:  Thanks a lot!  I do too!  :)

deathtopumpkins:  Glad you enjoyed the pictures!  Neither can I, can't wait to get the thing done!

urban:  Thank you very much!  A happy new year to you too!

mrtnrln:  Thanks! I use a program called Fraps to record my videos, hope that is of some use to you!

bat:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Happy new year!

genemc777:  Those are highway light towers.  They are just for eyecandy, and do a good job lighting the roads at night.  I see mrtnrln has provided the link if you want to use it.

Pat:  Thanks so much!  I feel honoured to be in 2009's first batch of OSITM!  I hope I can live up to this new rep! :P

sim_link:  Yep, I sometimes build vital networks in planned greenbelts, it works great!  Glad you liked it!

deathtopumpkins (2):  Hehehe.. I'm proud of that pic, but I may have gotten a little carried away.  Oh well :P

thundercrack83:  Thank you very much!  Its my first time in OSITM, so I hope I don't disappoint!

metarvo:  I guess so!  Thank you!  Yes indeed they work :P, and its a tough thing to get right, that's for sure!  Again, thanks for all the comments!

Jmouse:  Thank you!  Indeed I will, and I sure hope the rest of you will!

bat (2):  Thank you very much!  Glad you enjoyed the teaser!

sim_link (2):  Hehe, thanks!  Teasing, yet pleasing?  That's what I aimed for!  Thanks a lot!

mrtnrln (2):  Seems as if I'm on a roll eh?  I sure hope I can stay this way!  Obviously there's something good I'm doing!  :P

TheChosenOne:  Hey, great to see you here!  Yes, ST can get quite slow at times, and that's one of the reasons why I post here as well.  Feel free to use whichever site you want (or both! :P).
-Yes, El-RHW and El-MIS on-slope puzzle pieces will be included in RHW 3.0.  And thanks for the OSITM welcome!  It means a lot!  Thank you!

rooker1:  Thanks so much for giving me this opportunity!  I'm preparing plans for OSITM as we speak!

Nexis:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you like them!

MD Put on Hold

I've decided to put the GTR on hold to get RHW 3.0 ready for a public release.  For those who are not aware, I have been helping the NAM Team with many of their components, especially with RHW 3.0.

I'm sorry I haven't had an update in the past little bit, as most of my free time has been spent working on getting the RHW finished.  We are doing our very best to ensure that this is the most complete, bug-free release it can be before it goes public.   There are still a few issues that are being worked on, but I believe we have identified all the problems associated with RHW 3.0.

Cya later!

Best,
-Haljackey

EDIT:  MD is no longer "On Hold" ;)

MandelSoft

Quote from: Haljackey on January 05, 2009, 08:18:33 PM
mrtnrln:  Thanks! I use a program called Fraps to record my videos, hope that is of some use to you!

O.K. , I downloaded it, installed it, and after that I see a problem: The program records for only 30 secs  ()sad(). To make longer records, I have to pay some money (which I'm not allowed to spend from my parrents) to get the full version  %bur2$ Problem solved! I seached better and I found the full version. Thanks for the tip, Hal!

Anyway, I hope that your special update is going to be a really good one!

Best,
Maarten