• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaston

LMAO,  I did it again and wasn't even trying this time.

Welcome to Page 37 and 10,000+ views !!!!!

Holy Mother of (insert deity of choice)!!!    10,000 views.    Unbelieveable.     And we have reached another fantastic milestone.  This is great my friends.
?=mad)=

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Pat

wow 10,000 PAGE views and plus 700 REPLIES woohooo !!!!!!

hey david awsome im willing to take up the challenge and work on number 4
for you and be willing to work with you in this daunting task as i never had
played a regional map before (shared one at least).  looking foreward to working with you,

your Rhinelanderian friend
patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

M4346

LOL! Congratulations, yet again, Gaston... :P But to momentarily spoil your fun, ;), I'd like to get back to David's 'collaboration project'. But first, another congratulations is in order, both for the 700 comments and the wopping 10 000 page views! A first in SC4Devotion history, I believe.

So, congratulations my friend! Here's to many, many more!

It would be an immense honour for me if my proposal, or whatever you want to call it, to join in the 3RR development will be accepted, providing of course that I have the time to finish it within a reasonable timeframe, which I trust will be the case.

I do however have some concerns, primarily the issue of interconnectivity between "city tiles" (in this case quads), and the effect that isolation might have upon a single tile. I don't know how you plan to address this David, or whether this has been considered or not, but I believe that this is one of the basic foundations and major improvements of SC4 from its predecessors. I mean there is always the issue / question / problem of demand.

I don't think that this would be an issue with regards to "smaller" quads, i.e. #s 10 - 16.

Anyway, not to spoil the fun just yet, I would like to make my proposition / request.  ;D

In no particular order, just joking... :P

11.  Town 1-10k
13.  Place/Village
16.  Rural nature preserve
15.  Rural regional park
10.  Small city 10-25k
14.  Rural agricultural
12.  Resort/Island town 1-10k

I hope that's appropriately laid out.  ()stsfd()

Thanks for the opportunity, and congratulations on the myriad achievements the last few days!  &apls

Regards,

- Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Gaston

@M :
Yeah I suppose it does sorta look like I was trying to hijack the MD for a bit there.    $%#Ninj2   LOL     Guess I just love to turn the page when I read a story.  "$Deal"$  LOL

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Gaston

Sorry for the double post but this makes 256 for me.    I think that makes me a mayor.    And I wanted that post to be in here.   Since this is like my home.

---Gaston
白龍

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Rayden

Well, I guess I have to congratulate you for a lot of things too. First of all for the friendship, 2nd, for the entertainment this 3RR has been giving me for the last year, then, for the 700 replies, for the 10.000 views and to finish, the public opening of 3RR development.
Now, without even look at the map, and if you haven't change any numbers from while ago, my quad should be the 29. Am I right or not? ;)
I don't know when you're going to give away our "properties" ;D but, if you are not in a rush, I would like to start mine not before middle of April. That would give me time to finish the Shosaloza region and then setup from scratch my Windows Vista and make a clean and new folder for my plugins. Let me know about it, ok.

Cheers
Silvio

Unkles27

I'd be up for trying my hand at this.
10, 11 then 9 sound like something I'd like to do

Coordinating all this, especially with it being such a large region will not be an easy task, good luck!

thundercrack83

Well, well, well!

700 posts.
One year anniversary.
1 x 104 views.

I must again extend my congratulations to you! Things are certainly doing quite well around here, I'm just very glad that I can be a part of it!

And then there's the collaboration announcement, which might be a big enough announcement to trump all the posts and views! Personally, I'm going to wait and see what quads are taken by everyone because I'm a not sure my skills at playing that game are worthy of this auspicious task. I wouldn't mind tackling the more urban areas, but I'll wait see if someone whose skills have been proven want to do it before I jump in. But good luck to everyone who's signed up for a quad, and good luck to you, David, with this endeavor. I'm sure that it's going to be absolutely amazing!

Dustin

Heinz

wow, it's just milestone after milestone after milestone for you and 3RR, my man. CHEERS to more success for you and the collaboration of our community!  &apls :satisfied:

kwakelaar

Very interesting turn on this project with letting other players in on your 3RR, I will pas on this on though as I hope to someday start up a MD of my own and this is just taking too much time.
Think I have followed this since your first postings over at ST, but I missed out a lot of the later development over there. And your retrospect shows that many things have happend since that time.
Congrat on your huge success over here on SC4D both in terms of views and replies.

cameron1991

This is an awsome MD! I love the rural setting!  &apls &apls &apls

dedgren

Here's a small taste of what we'll be up to later today.

Gotta go to work...

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

NikNik

:D  :D  :D LOL Mount Gaston. brrrr maybe  :D  :D  :D

Nik-Nik

Pat

i agree totaly coooooooooooooooooooooold mt gaston lol
awsome update david - your rhinelanderian friend pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Gaston

LMAO

David,
     Very funny, my friend.   I absolutely love it.   I remember when you named Mount Gaston all those months ago.  ( Okay I can't remember the exact date.  But it seems like months ago.   LOL )    I was touched by it very deeply then and am even more so now.      I am one of those people that loves to stop at all those historical markers along the roadside.   That is why I hate the interstate highway system.    We end up missing out on so much history by getting where we wanted to go 15 minutes faster.     
    You know I was just thinking, this MD is sorta like that old fashion, 2-lane, black top, highway we travelled on as a kid.    There are lots of great places to stop along the way.    You see people you know travelling.    You end up at the same place as if you were going there on the "super-highway" but you learn alot while you are travelling.     Yeah, there are some detours.   But that is half the fun of it.    You never know what you might see along the road.      Like say the "Mount Gaston" Historical Marker.     ;D    Thanks for driving the car on this family vacation David.    "Are we there yet ? ? ?"

---Gaston
白龍

thundercrack83

Gaston: Congratulations, my friend! And you're quite welcome for opening the door to No. 700.

And David,

I love the historical markers. They remind me of the many we have across Pennsylvania, especially my favorite one:

Anyway, I can't wait to see what you have in store for the next update!

Take care,

Dustin

Giligone

hahahaha!! Well done david. That memorial sign is very funny. I almost laughed out loud... which would have been awkward... because I'm at work  :-[

emilin

I really don't care if I have anything to add right now, but page 2 just isn't right for 3RR. Ever.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine