• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mave94

A belated happy birthday from the Low Countries. ;) It's a pity I've missed the party.

MR.Y

Great work.

But I think a TTR-W and a STR-W (the rail is lays down there, where one of the DTR-W rails is). The TTR-W will use 2 Lots like the Maxis-Highways. The middle track is between the two lots. I think, it would bring more realism into SC4, cause I think, the space between the rails in SC4 is not big enough.

But, I'm just waiting for this...hope for a near release...

Yan077

Sorry for missing the party...  &mmm
I wish a long life to the fantastic 3RR thread, as long as I live, I hope  :D

mightygoose

Apologies for the tardiness, and a belated happy birthday ;) just so you know, i am returning to university in September to start a Physics degree. Oh and any advice on photographing mountains, I'm spending three weeks crossing the Himilayas later in the year.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

kj3400

You got me, David. I give. I'll come quietly.  $%Grinno$%

After 3 or so years of lurking around, I finally decided to read this epic odyssey into SC4 end to end, and 3 days and 540 pages later, here I am (I started zonking out at about pg 350 but I made it :P ). I now know what all the buzz is about. The things I've seen are awe-inspiring. You have truly made Three Rivers real to me and made SC4 something I'll play long into the future. I found 3RR interesting also because I'm not the very best when it comes to nature and everything that was there before man built over it, so I consider this a how-to guide of sorts.

Although I missed it by a fortnight and a day, happy birthday 3RR!

-Kenneth
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

a_muses

Wonderful stuff here! I've started at the beginning and am only on page 42. My head is spinning with ideas for my own region, and is also mourning the fact that I can't use the Lot Editor because I'm on a Mac... woe. I have no idea how long it will take me to get through your entire thread, but I'll chip away at it and be continually amazed by the detail and care you've taken with the region.

-----

Quote from: dedgren on February 04, 2012, 02:30:31 AM
But there isn't any such thing as FARR3 STR...

<... snip ...>

Whee whee whee!! This is simply amazing, though not as amazing as seeing someone stick to a "game" like this for so many years with such a consistently high quality....
I never could get the hang of signatures....

abcvs

Excuse me, just checking in on the views..

So just over 25,000 to go...  I think my guess was April 27...   hmm...  that would need about a thousand a day...

dahemac

You can use the lot editor on your Mac. I do. Install Windows XP (someone has an old copy somewhere) under Bootcamp and do all your lot editing in batches in Windows.

FrankU

Quote from: abcvs on April 04, 2012, 06:27:03 PM
Excuse me, just checking in on the views..

So just over 25,000 to go...  I think my guess was April 27...   hmm...  that would need about a thousand a day...

I fear we are not going to make that, taking into the account the silence at the moment...

gn_leugim

yep.

it has slowed down a bit, on both sides, developers and criticises/viewers

mike3775

Quote from: gn_leugim on April 07, 2012, 11:37:22 AM
yep.

The main reason for me is that the weather has been way to nice here to sit inside for long.  I already got my garden started and tending to it, and being outside is great. 

Silur

YES - 3RRegion live and breathe forever ... Step by Step here ...
1 000 000 - about August or September of 2012 ... This is Favorite for me and no differences 1 000 000 or 0 ...

gn_leugim

Quote from: mike3775 on April 07, 2012, 11:47:04 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on April 07, 2012, 11:37:22 AM
yep.

The main reason for me is that the weather has been way to nice here to sit inside for long.  I already got my garden started and tending to it, and being outside is great.

I don't blame you, here is a good weather as well. actually, too good. :|

mike3775

Yeah its been to nice here as well, well above normal temps, which scares me since we never did get an official winter, it was more spring all winter long for the most part, so I really hope we do not have a extremely hot summer, or get snow in June 

Rady

Quote from: mike3775 on April 08, 2012, 05:58:47 AM
Yeah its been to nice here as well, well above normal temps, which scares me since we never did get an official winter, it was more spring all winter long for the most part, so I really hope we do not have a extremely hot summer, or get snow in June

Must be a nice place at yours ... we had snow this weekend (Easter Weekend!!) in Austria. I suppose that's why easter eggs are painted in color, otherwise our kids would still be seeking them ...

@ dedgren: is there an official intermediate result from the 1.000.000-view-quest ...? Who's the one closest to the expected 1.000.000-views-date right now?
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Lowkee33

We need 21967 more views.
David's last post was March 19th, with 961387 views.  That makes a rate of 756 views per day.

Name                      Date                       Views Per Day Needed
abcvsApril 271292
io_bgMay 17593
vortextJune 28278

Quote from: dedgren on March 18, 2012, 11:15:04 PM
So who wants the next one?

Me, me, me!

Hope you are well David

gn_leugim

it scares me a bit too. winter here, and we had summer temperatures  :o Finnaly yesterday it rained! it was about time, we had nothing but good weather almost from the beginning of the year  &idea no rain at all, bad for agriculture and for the flora in general. we had many "summer wild fires" already  :thumbsdown:

mike3775

Quote from: Rady on April 10, 2012, 06:51:53 AM

Must be a nice place at yours ... we had snow this weekend (Easter Weekend!!) in Austria. I suppose that's why easter eggs are painted in color, otherwise our kids would still be seeking them ...

@ dedgren: is there an official intermediate result from the 1.000.000-view-quest ...? Who's the one closest to the expected 1.000.000-views-date right now?

the weather has been wacky here all winter long, and it has now spread to spring.  The past 3 days I have had a freeze warning because the temps were going to be below 32 degrees F, and my flowers which normally do not bloom until May, have already bloomed.

Silur

Hi, David ...
Where is You ?  :'(

gn_leugim

it has been quite silent in here  &mmm