• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

~ Berlin in the roaring twenties ~

Started by peterycristi, September 05, 2010, 03:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toja

Absolutely amazing!  &apls

Quoteonly this USA flag, I found in the third picture. looks a bit misplaced

Maybe the photo was taken in the thirties? I'm sure our cityguide could tell us more about it.  ;)

Andreas

You should read the text properly, Peter said it's the US embassy. ;)

Anyway, this MD is truly amazing; great research work, and a fabulous set of pictures - one has to wonder if this really still is SimCity 4.
Andreas

Sam Johnson

Quote from: Andreas on September 09, 2010, 03:11:39 PM
You should read the text properly, Peter said it's the US embassy. ;)

Anyway, this MD is truly amazing; great research work, and a fabulous set of pictures - one has to wonder if this really still is SimCity 4.

Oh, was probably too amazed by peters pictures, that I ignored that  ;D

Girafe

I don't know lot of things about Berlin History, however it seems to be interesting and your will surely be a very good guide.

Usually I prefer modern style but this time the realism is on the top and your creations sublime &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

peterycristi

Quoteonly this USA flag, I found in the third picture. looks a bit misplaced

Well, i've to admit, that really i made a little mistake here ;). This building is standing for the Palais Blücher, former US-embassy. Just that in fact in 1924 the United States got plans to establish an embassy in germany. But for financial and economical reasons it took until 1930 to sign a pre contract to buy the Palais Blücher. In 1931 a fire destroyed parts of the building and so the USA rent a smaller house in Bendlerstrasse. When Albert Speer, architect of Hitler, published the plans for the new capital of the Third Reich it became obvious that Bendlerstrasse will be eliminated. So plans to restaurate Palais Blücher came closer again. The new embassador Dodd hated Hitler and so he didn't push for the restauration. Even for the 1936 olympiade the works didn't even start, just to provocate Hitler. Finally it took until 1938 that the US-embassy really moved to Palais Blücher, which they had allready bought in 1931. So you are right. In the 20's there were just plans to buy this building, but it wasn't the US-embassy yet. I hope you apologize my mistake ;).

saludos
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

RickD

Stunning pictures. Need to collect my jaw from the floor.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kwakelaar

Again some great looking pictures. I am amazed by all the old looking cars, buses and trains, and of course the new old street textures etc. I am thinking the Brandenburger Tor is a made up of several lots and you have plopped them?
To me the most obvious for you and Kelis would be to work together on the 20ies and 40ies Berlin. You will need quite a lot of the same buildings and street-props, but I am quite sure there will be a distinct difference in atmosphere.

Tomas Neto

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Schulmanator

This is a true delight and I look forward to seeing your fine BATs in Berlin II. :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Kevin1a

Echt klasse!  I'm looking forward to seeing this progress.  So far, it seems like a thoughtful detail oriented MD that is fun to read.

peterycristi

R E P L I E S

@RickD: Thanks a lot for your nice comment, i hope i can go on like this :)

@kwakelaar: Thanks for your kind words. Well unfortunatelly kelis decided to stop his Berlin of the 40's

@Tomas Neto: THX

@Scurius: thanks a lot, here we almost go again ;)

@Schulmanator: Of course there will be some of my BATs in Berlin II and maybe in Berlin I too, now, after some are going to be released ;)

@Kevin 1a: I'm happy that you like my MD so far! :)

Well, after some long time we are very close to the next update, which i have to send special thanks to Carlos for!

~

Ok, guys! After enjoying some days the confortable and luxurious atmosphere of the Adlon, i have a thought about something special for tomorrow.

Right to Königsplatz is set the parlament of our very young republic. When Emperor Wilhelm I. set the first stone, his hammer broke by the first hit. Just 35 years later the monarchy broke down and the republic was proclaimed.

But more stories about this place full of history i'll tell you tomorrow. Enjoy the berlin nightlife but not too long! Have to wake up early!

See you tomorrow, guys!

~

COMMING SOON:

Third Update: "To the german people"

kelis

Hi Peter .

This make me happy, I like these new pictures.

Finally I Decided continue with my Berlin, I'm working on a cars and the Museum island...What it's the progres of the Altes Museum ?

will be available soon?

See you Peter, Continua con el buen trabajo !

&apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

noahclem

Beautiful MD and very unique. It's obvious that a lot of thought and effort have gone into this  &apls

Sciurus

Oh Gott die Sigessäule! $%Grinno$% Es ist wunderschön, ich lieb' was du über Berlin machst &apls &apls
Oh God the Sigessäule! $%Grinno$% It's wonderful, I love what you do on Berlin &apls &apls

Guillaume &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

peterycristi

R E P L I E S

@kelis: well, thats great to listen you are back working on your 40's Berlin. There is no progress on the Altes Museum so far. Anyway i give you the advise to work on buildings and props of the third reich. All the other historical buildings from Berlin will be available step by step. I got here a hand full of stuff which is almost ready, also for the Museumsinsel ;).

@noahclem: thanks, hope you'll be my guest on this citytour for a long time :)

@Sciurus: Danke schön! :) I'm doing my very best

serebii666

"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

eldaldo

I love your pictures, they look so realistic!  how did you get the old fashioned cars!!??

My MD also takes place in the past and I'd love to get some old fashoined cars, since right now I just don't have cars and it looks a little empty . . .

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.