• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Question about diagonal street peices

Started by moganite, February 11, 2007, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moganite

Is if possible to make it so that the diagonal street pecies dont force a reboot of your machine if you dont bulldoze the "construction tile"?

how would they go if that construction tile was not there?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

memo

Does your game crash if you don't bulldoze the construction tile? That never happened to me.
Do you maybe still have an old diagonal_street_plugin in your plugins folder? Or any other incompatible file e.g. the RHW mod? Did you try it with an empty plugin folder and only the NAM? Otherwise something else could have caused the crash. ;)

Actually, the construction tile is a usual puzzle piece (only not the important thing for the diagonal streets, therefore you can destroy it afterwards), so it's unlikely that it's the reason for the crashes. Probably, it doesn't even matter if you hover over a TE-Lot because of the way it was setted up in the Rules.
So basically, it doesn't matter whether you bulldoze the construction tile or not.

Unfortunately it's not possible to place these diagonal streets without the construction tile because the diagonal streets appear as a side effect of the puzzle piece. Though it would be possible to configure the puzzle piece as diagonal street, so that the diagonal street would go through the puzzle piece. But then you wouldn't be able to add any other intersection at that particular tile since it's still a puzzle piece. However, it would be similar to the other puzzle pieces in the street TAB-circle. ;)

moganite

The only other plugins I had in my plugins folder is the BSC essentials and it crashes after a bout a min.
There could be a problem there with the interaction will try it out again without and with the BSC plugins I really doubt that there is a problem there but you never know.

New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

moganite

I have found the origion of the problem. Turns out it is due to having run certain programs before simcity4 notably Sims2. After extensive testing  in a blank plugin and with the BSC files the cause is not due to anything in Simcity4. Secondly this problem is difficult to reproduce.

It looks like some sort of interaction between old sims2 data in memory and simcity4 data being loaded. Possibly memory leaks.

Manual restart  should fix the problem, well it did when it was forced.
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine