• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VIP European roads signage MMPs

Started by Badsim, December 16, 2011, 05:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you been interested in those MMPs ?

Yes of course
58 (90.6%)
Surely not
2 (3.1%)
Maybe
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Badsim

This is something that we ( The VIP Team , Yann particularly ) have in mind and  I've already Modded a first MMP using 20 of Vnaoned's models as following :

Yann is currently testing its handiness while I've also planned 3 others MMPs of 20 signs each using Girafe's signs ...

And Citymax too has created some beautiful signboards which could be modded as a MMP as well :

So a total of 5 MMPs using 100 various signs ...
The advantage of such MMPs is obvious ( Bye bye Lots ... ) but I can't hide the inherent problematic of such MMPs ; the orientation of plopped items isn't controllable and I can't multiply ( x2 , x3 ) the same examplars to give it more chance to get the desired orientation without creating a 40 or 60 stages MMP , which doesn't sound wise ...  $%Grinno$% So I'll stick with a single examplar for each sign , and so users would have to be particularly patient and tenacious .  :P

The poll is a quite simple way to show your interest ( As everybody , we need motivation ) , but if you have some more thoughts and/or suggestions , you can post them here .

Thanks for your cooperation .  :thumbsup:

VIP Team .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kelis

Hi Cedric,

First, thanks for your kind comment on my thread, I really appreciate your comment :thumbsup:

For sure, for the European people this will be a really great addition for the game, we need more signals
for our European cities, not only for the highways, we need this signals in the secundary roads and the
nationals roads.

Thanks once again for the VIP team and thank you for your work about simcity 4, you make possible a
lot of things for us  &apls &apls &apls

PD: Of course, I voted "  Yes of course "  $%Grinno$%

Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

MandelSoft

[roadgeek mode]
To be exact, "French Signage MMP" would be a more appropriate name, since the signs (especially directional signage) varies quite a lot between European countries.
[roadgeek mode]

With that being said, it looks great! :thumbsup:  And I'll surely vote "Yes, off course!" (a roadgeek will aways be a roadgeek ;) )

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

Wow that's amazing!!!Having MMP signs and lot based ones is incredible! :thumbsup: YES OF COURSE!!!! &apls

Shark7

Honestly I'm of the opinion that road sign-age as MMPs as opposed to lots is the preferred method.  You can 'plant' the MMPs where you want/need them, where lots severely limit their use (and take up a ton of space in my already crowded parks or landmarks menus). 

Diagonals would still present challenges, but no more so than signs on lots do.

Badsim

OK , you can keep on voting but the first results & comments are  meaningful enought ( Thank you ! ) ; these MMPs will be done and uploaded ASAP.

Quote from: mrtnrln on December 16, 2011, 08:33:28 AM

To be exact, "French Signage MMP" would be a more appropriate name, since the signs (especially directional signage) varies quite a lot between European countries.

Maarten

Indeed Maarten , but as far as I know , Girafe's set is the most complete and valuable one . (Each MMP will be a separated dat file , by the way .)

Now , if someone has a particular releazable request ( with a linked prop pack ... ) for his/her country , I'll do it as well . I learnt the MMP Modding a year ago and have created or reworked  ( fifty-fifty ) no less than 130 MMPs since , as for the VIP Team than for my own use ...   ::)
Well , the result is that , with that kind of training , it doesn't take me more than 20 minutes to Mod a 20 items MMP like those ( Icon creation included ) , in fact the planning can be longer than the Modding , depending how the models nomenclature is complicated ( by choice ) or is a little far-fetched (from their author )...

So , do not hesitate to request ! ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Badsim

(Sorry for the « double post » )

Modding finished ... so the VIP European (French Type) Roads Signage Pack is a pack of 5 MMPs ( 121 signs ) as following ;

Some necessary works from my team mates ( Yann for testing , Girafe and Orange_o_ for verifications and packaging ) and then , upload to the STEX .

Well , no one has any request  ()what() , even the 2 "Maybe"(s) ?  ;D

Too bad ...  $%Grinno$%

Cédric.

Girafe

I think I will have a hard job to check these things ::)

You don't keep my stop panel  :bomb:

Anyway good job  ;D
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

MandelSoft

Just a little request: from the speed limit signs, can you also make the following ones with these values?

5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120

(the ones in bold text are pretty common outside France, like in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands).

Unfortunately, I don't have the models myself, so I think the original creator (in this case Girafe) would volunteer to do it.

Oh and this set might be interesting to convert to MMP:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25654-swedish-motorway-exit-signs/
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/22834-swedish-road-signs-pack-2/
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/22813-swedish-speed-limit-signs/
Best,
Maarten

Orange_o_

Quote from: Girafe on December 18, 2011, 10:07:18 AM

You don't keep my stop panel  :bomb:

Anyway good job  ;D

your stop signs is now included in MMP No. 4

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

gn_leugim

awesome idea!

May I leave a suggestion?  ::) Can you make the cycle repeat it self when we get to the last sign? you can do this by setting the cluster id of the last prop to the first prop in the list.  :thumbsup:

I ask this because if you by mistake pass one sign ahead, you have to delete it, which in city areas (and in rural areas) could mean to bulldoze some building\lot.  &idea

Orange_o_

Good evening everyone,

Thank you for your support.

Gn_leugim your idea is excellent, so far we do not know aps MMP create endless, nevertheless we have provided a solution to get closer to your request.

The last prop is invisible, so it's easy to plop continued to have the right prop for the better. thank you for your request.

Badsim launched the idea on December 16, December 19 we are and you can download this mod here.

For your information, this mod requires patience and a lot of patience, with a little patience.

Remember, this idea was badsim

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

mrbisonm

I got a question here, is it possible to explain which file is which, because the filenames aren't the same than what's written on the pics and it gets confusing having different names for files and pics. Keeping the same name is a lot easier on the Player. Thanks.

VIP_Fantomepiece-0x5ad0e817_0x5bf6a813_0x30000
VIP_Grfe_DangerSignageMMP
VIP_Grfe_RegulatorySignageMMP
VIP_Grfe_VariousSignageMMP
VIP_VV_FrenchDirectionSignageMMP
VIP_Citymax_DirectionsSignageMMP

On the pics they are all called Signage and MMP's with numbers.....???? Example, which one is Girafe's Nr2 file?
Fred

Edit: Forget it, I figurred it out with openening the files in the Reader. Maybe if you guys put numbers on the pics, it would be a good idea to have the same in the file's name also. (a suggestion, maybe less confusing) ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Badsim

Quote from: gn_leugim on December 18, 2011, 12:27:12 PM

May I leave a suggestion?  ::) Can you make the cycle repeat it self when we get to the last sign? you can do this by setting the cluster id of the last prop to the first prop in the list.

Sounds more than interesting , in fact it would be revolutionary ... I've never seen such endless MMP so far ( or they should be all Modded that way !  ::) ... ) . The only thing I've tested was to add a Cluster Radius property to the last examplar ( normally they haven't any ) of the sequence  , linking it to the first examplar and the result is indeed an endless MMP , but then the first examplar of the sequence only is working . So , if you've precisions to offer , that's time to do it !  :)

Well , Orange_o_ has found another trick , as astute than efficient : the last examplar of the sequence is an invisible model , so , with only a very light gap of your mouse ( due to my kSC4FloraParametersPropety modding ) , you can start a new sequence ... That gives a lot more chances to finally get the desired model with the proper orientation .  &idea

I'm going to spend some time to add that "ghost piece" to all my MMPs ...   ?=mad)=

Quote from: mrtnrln on December 18, 2011, 10:29:07 AM
Just a little request: from the speed limit signs, can you also make the following ones with these values?

5, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120

(the ones in bold text are pretty common outside France, like in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands).

Unfortunately, I don't have the models myself, so I think the original creator (in this case Girafe) would volunteer to do it.

Oh and this set might be interesting to convert to MMP:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25654-swedish-motorway-exit-signs/
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/22834-swedish-road-signs-pack-2/
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/22813-swedish-speed-limit-signs/
Best,
Maarten

I can't speak for Girafe , but I heard you , Maarten , this Swedish MMP will be done . A single MMP should be enough as , at the first look , these 3 packs seem to have between 20 and 25 models altogether  .  :thumbsup:

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 18, 2011, 05:17:06 PM

Edit: Forget it, I figurred it out with openening the files in the Reader. Maybe if you guys put numbers on the pics, it would be a good idea to have the same in the file's name also. (a suggestion, maybe less confusing) ;)

Sorry for the confusion Fred , that's hard to be perfect ...  :P . Another light change has been made with Citymax MMP , the 4 last examplars have been removed because they were requesting a prop pack too badly modded ( with models not showing , duplicated models , wrong nomenclature etc . So finally we didn't consider it as safe enough  ::) ) .

Quote from: Orange_o_ on December 18, 2011, 04:02:07 PM

For your information, this mod requires patience and a lot of patience, with a little patience.

()lurker()

Keep your bad intentions for Yann who is the true initiator of this work !  :P  $%Grinno$%
Thanks a lot David for your precious expertness , once more . &apls

Cédric.

gn_leugim

Quote from: Orange_o_ on December 18, 2011, 04:02:07 PM
Good evening everyone,

Thank you for your support.

Gn_leugim your idea is excellent, so far we do not know aps MMP create endless, nevertheless we have provided a solution to get closer to your request.

The last prop is invisible, so it's easy to plop continued to have the right prop for the better. thank you for your request.

Badsim launched the idea on December 16, December 19 we are and you can download this mod here.

I can make and provide you with an exemple of how I made cyclicle MMP ;)

Badsim

Quote from: gn_leugim on December 19, 2011, 02:31:45 AM

I can make and provide you with an exemple of how I made cyclicle MMP ;)

We are truly impatient to have a closer look at your Modding , gn_leugim   :thumbsup: :

You've got a PM ... ;)

Cédric.

DanniBee

This is really helpful for those crowded areas where lots are no good, this is a better method for signage as it is. Great stuff guys \ ;D/

If you are taking requests I might have a little one for you :)

I feel these would be nice as an MMP :) http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/24291-modern-british-sign-pack/

Thank you so much for this awesome modding :)

Badsim

As reminder , I wanna say : that's David (Dedgren) who has shown that idea first in 3RR ... a long time ago ! He's the true precursor . ;)

OK , DanniBee , I will release an English Signage version too , as soon as I'll have more informations from gn_leugim about endless MMP Modding , which would be - and far ahead ! - the best solution ...  ;)

Cédric.

MandelSoft

Oh, if you're going to do overhead signage too, why not this set:

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/25830-german-autobahn-signs-for-rhw-4-x/

It's the most complete directional signage set available at the moment.

Best,
Maarten