• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sithlrd98 Mods and stuff

Started by sithlrd98, September 18, 2008, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

For everyone who is still having issues with how my mods and the SFBT Euro Road Textures mod work, please read This

Click Images For Downloads

[tabular type=9]
[row][data][/data][data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=9][row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=9]
[row][data][/data][data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=9][row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=9][row][data][/data][data][/data][data][url=http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=22267][/row]
[/tabular]

Still under construction.......

Hello everyone. As some of you may know ,I have decided to   sidewalk texture the 45 & 90 degree avenue curves.
I already have uploaded the white curves to the STEX , but decided to wait on the sandstone untill I could get the T-21 done. Once complete , they will work with the white or whatever sidewalk texture that they get textured.
Since I no longer need help (I hope) ;) , I decided to post in this thread. With the excellent tutorial from Swamper and help from Ebina , Mrtnrln , and Swamper , I finally have started to T-21 them. I mainly just want to see if there is any interest in these and/or to get some feedback on how they are coming , before I get too far into it. These are not Lots , they are the actual puzzle pieces. Right now I'm concentrating on the 90.

I realize that the sidewalk doesn't exactly match. It is the way the game renders the models. I have tried to match them but it is too difficult. I also realize that the lights are too close on the curve...and that I am missing a tree.

Anyway , thoughts are welcome! (just remember that I'm just getting into t-21 so be gentle :D)

Jayson

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

sithlrd98

I finally finished the 90 degree! As you can see , it is interchangeable with the sandstone , white , and NAM versions.

Next I will do the 45 degree which shouldnt be as difficult.

Jayson

Shadow Assassin

It'd be far better to T21 the textures, that way they can be wealth-dependent.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dedgren

Jayson, that's excellent work.  I know folks have been waiting for this a long time.

Plus, if my experience with the wide curves is any guide, you'll now spend another six months perfecting the textures.  Enjoy the spotlight, though- we'll all be watching for more great stuff from you, and there's no saying that it's not hard work.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

Looks good!  :thumbsup: I like it.

Success with the 45 degree curve!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

dragonshardz

looks great. got any cobblestone planned?

Toichus Maximus

sithlrd98

Thanks to all who have commented!

Quote from: dedgren on September 20, 2008, 10:49:13 PM
Jayson, that's excellent work.  I know folks have been waiting for this a long time.

Plus, if my experience with the wide curves is any guide, you'll now spend another six months perfecting the textures.  Enjoy the spotlight, though- we'll all be watching for more great stuff from you, and there's no saying that it's not hard work.

David

Well , its' not gonna take me that long after all...I was looking at Squidis' Orlach MD and noticed the wide open pedestrian area , then it hit me ,NAM ped tiles...it was sitting in front of me the whole time. So thanks to whoever it was that textured them!

And since I had success with the avenues , I decided to do the road curves...

I think I got the jist of the T21 on the curves and plan on different variations , however the road curves are giving me some trouble. 

Because they are set up different , I'm T21ing the models , and because the same model is referenced a couple of times , I can't seem to figure out hoe to mirror or add anything to the instance that is empty.( they don't have that grid effect , I just had the grid on so I could look at the individual textures)

Anyway , the curves are on the Stex and I'm gonna do the sap23 Euro Asphalt Sidewalk next and a couple of others.

Thanks again

Jayson

art128

amazing work my friend  &apls I download it now  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

CasperVg

Incredible development here, I can't wait to see the sap23 cement versions  ;D
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Mr. Webman

Hi, I like your designs for the sidewalks, but... Could you do it on Jeronij's sidewalk style too? It should fit very well in my city because I have this one. Sorry for my english, thanks for your dedication. &apls

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

sithlrd98

Thanks to all who have shown interest in this project! I'm still working on some T-21s for the roads , and some new ones for the curves , as well as some other stuff.
Quote from: Mr. Webman on October 06, 2008, 09:33:43 PM
Hi, I like your designs for the sidewalks, but... Could you do it on Jeronij's sidewalk style too? It should fit very well in my city because I have this one. Sorry for my english, thanks for your dedication. &apls
@Mr. Webman , Yes and no...before I even attempt to do them , I'll first need to contact the creator , then I need to make sure I've got time. The other thing is , with the exception of the Gn Leugim Portuguese Texture , all of the ones I've done have been one texture , regardless of wealth. In order for me to do justice to Jeronij's sidewalk mod , I need to try and make them wealth dependant...which is something that I'm not exactly sure how to (I've been told it is possible) , but it involves the BAT , which I'm no good at!

Anyway , for those of you that would like to try the mods , they are at ST , and here are the links:
Road Curves Sandstone Sidewalk
AvenueCurves Sandstone Sidewalk
Road Curves White Sidewalk
AvenueCurves White Sidewalk
SAP Avenue Curves
SAP Road Curves
Gn Leugim Portuguese Texture Roads
Gn Leugim Portuguese Texture Avenue Curves

REMEMBER...only one type of sidewalk can be used at a time!

Thanks again,
Jayson

Fatsuhono

Beautiful work! I particularly love the avenue curvings, amazing idea and thank you for sharing my friend!

sithlrd98

Well , I finally have gotten somewhere on T21 ing the road curves!

Jayson

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

sithlrd98

Since the last pic , I decided to try and make the curves more complete.

Whatcha think? I'm pleased with the outcome and think it's ready for primetime!

Jayson