• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Finishing Peraires

Started by jeronij, November 09, 2006, 12:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikom

Wonderful city,the harbour the prison, all  :thumbsup:

petercintn

I feel really small now.  &mmm  When I get big I want to do great things too!  jeronij, thanks for the lots I use from you and all the great pics.  But really, thinking about how good a job you do makes my head  :bomb:
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

mattb325

Awesome work Jeronij - you've managed to get quite a few sims in there without making it look too crowded. And of course, the harbour is excellent! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

WOW! I'm at a loss for words! The canals, the harbor, the train yard...It's absolutely fantastic! Keep up the good work!

jacqulina

your work is allways so awesome you have great layouts and planning all in all your work rocks &apls

asturianu

OMG!!!!  Peraires looks very unique. And great use of La Coruña sealand control tower there. The port looks amazing, so this is a great job.
And having 2 MD must be difficult.
GREAT WORK!! :thumbsup:

Cristian

keithsed

WOW!!!

When I see a finished product like this I wonder how many hours/days/months/years  ;) did it take you to complete the city, or will it ever be completed?

Totally amazed! &apls

Keith

vester

Nice to see you are still developing Simtropia.

I wish I could get my cities to look at least half as good as yours.

jeronij

Hello to all Simtropia fans  ;)

Well, in fact I have still some pictures of Simtropia, but I finally did not complete the region,and simply finished a bunch of cities.... :-[

I am glad you like the way I finished Peraires. I used a big diversity of pieces to make this one, and in fact took several months to complete.

Thanks for your feedback all  ;D :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dedgren

Hi, Jeroni!

I was up early this morning, and just spent a delightful 20 minutes or so looking closely at the pics of your amazing creation here, along with reading the comments.  This is the sort of work we have come to expect when we see your name on something- carefully laid out, meticulously detailed and, maybe most significant, a huge number of custom content items placed in such a way that they all work together and appear to belong right where you put them.  Way too many folks let a couple of items of custom content become the focus of their development efforts, and the sense of things taken all together as a working, functional whole is lost.

A couple of points.  I don't think the harbor area is too big at all.  That is a large city quad, so you have about 2 square miles/4+ square kilometers of industrial area involved- that's actually not very large when compared with RL ports of comparable intensity of development.  The port area of Long Beach, California, for example, is many times the size of what you've done.

Our friend Emil (emilin) has done several really good write-ups of the characteristics of port areas over at ST in his CJ Province of Lazarus starting here [linkie]- they are well worth a read for anyone contemplating developing a port in his or her region.

I guess if I had any issue with your development, it would be the need to perhaps have more massive tranportation infrastucture (highways and rail, primarily) supporting the port area.  There would, in RL be both a huge number of workers who would come and go each day and vast amounts of freight.  I can see, though, that "game" considerations make this difficult to accurately capture.

Anyway, thank you so much for once again sharing your magnificent vision of SC4 with us.  I'm sure there's much more to come.

David

n.b. Edited for #&@! typos.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

your_adress_here

Bookah!

keithsed

jeronij

Again Thanks for your pleasant feedback  :thumbsup:
You are right David, sometimes I forget that the NAM exists :-[  :D :D :D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

rooker1

Really great pictures jeronij. 
I especially like the port.  I have this new found facination with them.  I search the entire world's coast line with google earth to find ports.  To see if I can recreate something in game that looks realistic.  I have found some very dirty looking industrial areas that back onto huge ports that look @50km or more long, entire bays. 
I'm getting a little excited now and wish I wasn't at work, but instead at home playing SC4.  Ahhhh...........I'm okay now.  Only three more hours to go!
Call me Robin, please.

sc4portugal

WOW great... I love it woah  :thumbsup: AMAZING

Congrats
lol (sorry i can't think of anythig else lol)
LOLOLOLOL

oyd

hi.... great work....
i really like the train layout and the prison....
in my (humble) opinion i think the size of the seaport is just right....
ho and i really like your ships... i used them a lot in my port....  :thumbsup:
"Dear Prudence wont you come out and play..."

HabLeUrG

Excelente trabajo!!! simplemente me encantan tus puertos ya que son muy realiticos y claro que cada detalle es muy fino y realistico. Simplemente te felicito este si fué un diario pequeño pero completo  ;)

Saludos