• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theProphet42

I just downloaded PIM-X to my laptop and it works fine.  However when I install it to my desktop computer and try to run it I get 'The program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'  So I tried to reinstall and get the same message.  I have window 7 sp1 and have applied the patch.  I have also applied the new properties xml and settings.ini files. 

ScottFTL

Quote from: theProphet42 on January 01, 2014, 11:03:27 PM
I just downloaded PIM-X to my laptop and it works fine.  However when I install it to my desktop computer and try to run it I get 'The program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'  So I tried to reinstall and get the same message.  I have window 7 sp1 and have applied the patch.  I have also applied the new properties xml and settings.ini files.

You need to download that DLL and place it into the same directory as PIM-X.  You can find a link in the first message in this thread:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9279.msg285300#msg285300

MilitantRadical

When I try to drag something from the right window to the left window I get this message:

wxPython: stdout/stderr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3136, in OnBeginDrag
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 50, in __getitem__
KeyError

Bandel

I just downloaded PIM-X to my laptop and patch and DLL , but it doesn't run, keep giving me these

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3454, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3457, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2883, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3246, in LoadDatas
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1322, in Finalize
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 409, in UpdateEntry
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 509, in GetProp
AttributeError: Examplar instance has no attribute 'link'

I have WIN 7 sp1 (32bit)

CasperVg

Can you try running it with an empty plugin folder? To me that error seems to indicate a corrupted plugin file?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Gondracorn

Hello, I dragged a model into a folder (specifically, any model, including blank), but I keep getting an item icon red error and a lot resource red error. The file doesn't show up properly in ILives Reader; it's missing files.

vortext

You still need to make the actual lot file: right-click and select 'create a ploppable lot using this building'.

Also, if you haven't already maybe you should read the User Guide"$Deal"$
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

simangel

Hi I am having trouble with PIMX, I installed PIMX, the new properties xml and also the multiarray.pyd bugfix ( I also have MSVCP71.dll in the PIMX folder), however when I try to run the program I get some kind of runtime error and I have no idea what is causing the problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers Simangel

CasperVg

It could be that one of the SC4 plugins you have installed are corrupted somehow. PIM-X gives up really easily if it finds a malformed file in your plugins. Try running it with an empty plugins folder?

simangel

Ah thank you very much for that mate, I ran the test and PIMX popped up no problems, now next question is how do I identify the corrupted or faulty file in my plugins and fix or remove the problem?.

Again thank you very much for your help.

cheers Simangel

CasperVg

Best way to do it would be load up PIM-X with half your plugins. If it works, the problem is in the other half. Then, load it with half of the "bad" section. If that works, the problem is in the other half of the section. Then keep repeating that until you find the file that causing the problem.

Basically, performing a binary search on your plugin folders:

- Find the corrupted file in 1-8
- Start with files 1-4 and 5-8
* If it crashes with files 1-4, repeat the previous step with files 1-2 and 3-4.
* If it crashes with files 5-8, repeat the previous step with files 5-6 and 7-8.

simangel

Well it appears that i have found my problem, i did a section by section search of my pluggins with no real problems with the program loading with each individual section, so i put everything back in my pluggins and encountered the same problem.

I currently have 6.28 GB in my pluggins so my guess is there is just to much for the program so it spits the dummy lol, so looks like whenever i wish to use the program i will have to move my pluggins and just use the sections i require.

How inconvenient lol, oh well but thank you guys for all your help this problem was extremely vexing.

Cheers Xander Dax

frukox

What's the reason for these white things? and the one illustrated with blue in the picture:

Speaking of the problem shown with blue, what I see is just "PIM" when I hover over the prop if you cannot see it.

This happens when I go into the Lot Editor trying to put a prop onto my lot but I can't. Thanks for your help in advance.

vortext

Hm, first thought would be that PIM hasn't had enough time to build all the thumbnails yet. Especially when loading a large plugins folder it takes some time to do this. And as simangel has found out, the PIM operates best when the number of files is kept to the necessary minimum.
time flies like a bird

frukox

Yeah, I chose a huge selection of files, PIM loaded it, however. The problem I can't solve is I cant even drag the prop whose thumbnail hasn't been loaded. Does this happen to you, I mean seeing props with no thumbnails and can't be dragged onto your lot?

vortext

No, you're right I just get the 'no preview' thumbnail and am still able to drag the prop. Scrap that, second idea: might be the props themselves. The picture is a bit small but it seems the prop names are visible? Or could you otherwise pinpoint which file they're located in? I could then have a look at them in the Reader.
time flies like a bird

frukox

I think the files there are located in one of CSX megapacks. When I hover over those blank-listed props, what I see is just "PIM" text and the props names. The program cannot identify where they are coming from and doesn't let me drag those props onto my lot in progress.

vortext

For identification purpose, could you please post a pic large enough so the prop names are readable?
time flies like a bird

frukox

If we are allowed to put big pictures like over 1000 pixels, I'll do that. Are we? &Thk/(

vortext

yes, to 1024 px width actually. Otherwise use [img width=1024] tag to fit.  :)
time flies like a bird