• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

working of MML

Started by Agathorn, August 04, 2010, 11:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agathorn

Hello,

I've downloaded the JPN_Wall_Set_By_Mas71_with_MML and installed it but my question is: How does this MML works?
Everything i see is the starter lot and i do not know where to find the other.

A little help would be welcome.

Greet,

Agathorn

WC_EEND

welcome to SC4D!

An MML is a lot that basically reduces menu clutter, by hiding every lot ecept for the starter lot. If you plop the starter lot, a few (ingame) months later, the rest of the lots appear in the menu :thumbsup:

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Agathorn

Hello,

@ Xander: Thanks for the explanation. I thought that those lots where directly visible

@ sc4boy: That link you give me doesn't work. If you have oneother its welcome.

thanks guy's so far,

Agathorn

SC4BOY

Link works fine for me... Perhaps you aren't registered (but I doubt it.. I believe Peg's site allows "guest" visitors without a problem)

Agathorn

Hi sc4boy,

This is the message i get: 

The webpage can not be displayed

and when i type simpeg.com at google i get the same message.
So even i want to register on there site i can't reach it.

Agathorn

SC4BOY

Don't know what to say.. perhaps Belgium judges it to be "subversive" ;)

JoeST

Here you go Agathorn, quoted from the page:

QuoteMML stands for Menu Management Lot.  They were developed by the BSC (Not sure who specifically but I know Andreas deserves special mention) to manage cluttered menus.

Basically they work as a reward requirement for a set of specified lots, hiding the icons for those lots until the MML is plopped.  This reduces the number of lots in a menu, speeding up the time it takes to open the menu.  This is especially important in menus such as the Parks and Landmarks menu.

The two drawbacks are that you have to reopen the menu every time you want to plop a lot, you can't plop multiple copies of the same lot.  This is due to the way Maxis implemented the rewards.  The other drawback is that once you demolish the MML you have to reload the city for the icons to disappear.  They will stay in the menu as greyed out items.

To use an MML lot, the DAT file must be saved in the ZZ_BSC MML folder so it loads after the original sets.  The MML set from Andreas has an auto install that creates the folder so any sets developed since should be installed there.

Once the MML DAT is installed you should find an Icon in place of the set it matches.  This is usually indicated with a bulldozer in the icon.  Plopping this lot will cause the game to open up the icons for that set.  This can take a few game months to work, so be patient.  Once the set is available you can start plopping the lots.  Once you are done, bulldoze the MML and the set will become grey over the next few game months.  Then they will disappear once you reload the city.  If you leave the MML in the city you will still have the icons in the menu next time you start the city. 

If you with to plop multiple copies of the same lot you will need to go into the menu each time to get the set.  To avoid this you can remove the MML DAT file from the plugins before starting the game.  This will make the icons unhidden as per normal.

Hope this help explain MMLs to people who are unfamiliar with them.  Feel free to post any queries and I will try to answer them, or find someone who can.

They are easy enough to make yourself and I will be posting a tutorial, based off the one Andreas wrote with the first set, shortly.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms