• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Prop Packs and what they might mean...

Started by JBSimio, October 15, 2008, 11:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBSimio

In the very near future, I will be uploading several new prop packs to combine files and fix some packaging mistakes I made a couple years ago.  Since this may be a bit confusing to some people, I'm starting a thread here to explain what will happen and what you may need to replace.  Sorry in advance for any confusion this may cause, but it really needed to be fixed or the problem would have just kept getting worse and worse.

Once I've uploaded the first two MEGA Packs, BSCBAT Props_JBSimio_Vol01 will be locked and no longer used.  All models from the Smalltown, USA series will be included in one prop pack and all SHUR Project models will be included in another prop pack.  In addition to this, my queries have been included in the October 2008 update of the BSC Essentials.  The safest way to avoid any issues will be to simply download the new Essentials file and both new prop packs... and of course use the Cleanitol lists.  But if you have any specific questions about which things will be where, feel free to ask here and I can point you towards the files you need.

It's worth mentioning that you won't really need to download any of these new packs if you don't want to.  You'll be likely to end up with some duplicates that way, but nothing in these first two prop packs will be new.  I should also mention that nearly every release I've had will be updated to reflect these changes, but you won't need to download any of them again if you choose not to.  The updates will mainly be to point towards the newer dependency links.

Now that I've thoroughly confused everyone, feel free to bombard me with questions and/or hate mail.  $%Grinno$%

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Pat

so Jon does this mean we will be getting the buildings to the university?  ;D  Sorry I couldn't resist asking that question lol... Honeslty I am happy that you are getting stuff setup to be more easier on the end user Jon... Thank you sir!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JBSimio

We're not quite to that package yet, Pat... but soon, my friend, very soon!  ;)

OK... Things have been released and updated.

BSCBAT Props_JBSimio_Vol01 is locked and "no longer exists" for all intents and purposes.  Unfortunately (just to make things as complicated as possible) this file contained three distinct elements:

BSC MEGA Props_JBSimio_Vol01 basically contains every Smalltown, USA model made so far.  Many of these were included in BSCBAT Props_JBSimio_Vol01, although not all of them.  A Cleanitol file is included in the download to help find everything that this replaces.

BSC MEGA Props_JBSimio_Vol02 contains every SHUR Project model made so far.  A few of these were also included in BSCBAT Props_JBSimio_Vol01, although not nearly as many.  Again, a Cleanitol file is included to help find things.

Both of these Cleanitol files will remove the old prop pack.  If so, you may need one or both of the MEGA packs, depending on which lots you have installed.  I've updated all the Smalltown, USA releases and the SHUR Project releases with new dependency lists so you can check if you're not sure what you might need.

Finally, I had included custom queries in the original BAT Props file.  These have now been included in BSC Essentials as of the October 2008 update.  You'll definitely need this file if you have anything I've released.

That should cover everything.  If you have any troubles or begin to find things missing, just let me know here and I'll be glad to help find it all again.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion