• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The University of Clayhurst

Started by JBSimio, February 17, 2009, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Welcome back, Jon!  This game has a way of bringing everyone back eventually, doesn't it?  It looks like at long last this campus you've established will be expanded once again.  I agree with Absalom that eye candy will be fine.  It's just great to have you back again!

:)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

woodb3kmaster

It's fantastic to see you back, Jon! I had sort of become resigned to not expecting any new Clayhurst content after Andreas released EP1, but seeing you come back and find your old EP2 files in as good a condition as they're in is more than I ever dreamed of. I even considered contacting you to discuss whether I could be of any help in finishing up any unfinished BATs, as well as to get your opinion on adding some new eye-candy classroom buildings (which I've been wanting to make for my own campuses but would gladly share with your permission). I'd still be happy to contribute to future Clayhurst expansions if you're interested, especially since I have enough free time to do so. Either way, it'll be great to see new work on the university set that sets the bar!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Pat

Welcome back Jon and hope you have been busy at batting practice and lot making, all kidding aside glad to see you my friend!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JBSimio

Absalom: Thank you for your kind words. It still feels very strange when I hear myself referred to as "a legend," but I am flattered nonetheless!

Metarvo: Thanks! It feels good to be back. I only hope I can find the time to finish what I've started.

Woodb3kmaster: Things for EP2 look better than I expected for sure. It may still take some time, but I will eventually get everything sorted out. I'm very curious to see what you've been working on for classrooms! Send me a PM here if you prefer that route.

Pat: Thank you! It's good to see you as well, my friend!

As I mentioned, the busy season is upon me. I haven't worked less than 11 hours per day since Saturday, and there is no definite relief in sight. Between the usual chaos of summer camp and the fact that I'm trying to train my newest cook, things will get better at some point but it may take a while. I'm really only here to assure people that I haven't disappeared again! I will come back to all of this, but (honestly) don't expect too much progress until August.

Thank you again for the warm "welcome home." It means more to me than you know...

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Jack_wilds

popping to say hi...

and share a thought...  ???

as you begin to form a game plan...

instead of everything being pure eye candy [if this is teh only option it okay as  I understand PIMx can update stuff BUT PIMx has never ever worked for me]  perhaps a few items could be used to boost demands in the RCI scales... and the rest of teh stuff can be dropped...  :-\

but I will everything to final decision in your hands...  :satisfied:

be blessed

threestooges

Wonderful to hear that things are in good shape and that you'll be moving forward with them. Your work has always been some of my favorite to use in the game. Welcome back.
-Matt

JBSimio

Jack: To be honest, how much functionality may or may not happen in the future will largely depend on how much I am able to relearn!  :D  If I get as far as reviving the University Medical Center (for example) then I would certainly like to still make it act like a hospital and so on. Time will tell...

Matt: Thank you!

This isn't really an update of any kind. I've still been very busy with camp and kids and feeding kids at camp... you get the idea. I can't seem to find a "progress list" for EP2 anywhere, so I have to assume that I never even got far enough to make one. From my own posts here, it seems that the all the pedestrian lots were complete and fully modded, but I haven't had time to confirm that just yet. I looked at the lot for the Field House and it seems to only be missing the sign out front, which I also found completed and ready to export from BAT. The Memorial Coliseum looks just about finished and also ready for export (on a 45 degree angle for anyone who actually remembers that debate!). I just need to tweak a few lights from the looks of it.

The real reason I'm making this post is that I did find a moment to download EP1 from the LEX. Let me start by thanking Andreas once again for everything he did to make that happen!!!  &apls &apls &apls It looks amazing and nearly everything is basically set up as I remember discussing long ago. I even took it for a test spin in Covington this afternoon. I have to say that this was a very strange experience! I was sitting here playing with all these new pieces (many of which were never finished when I first designed the university in Covington) and found myself thinking, "Oh wow... that's pretty cool!" It had been SOOO long since I touched any of this that I honestly forgot what half of it was! I felt like a kid with a bunch of new toys and at the same time felt like an idiot because they were toys that I made!!!  :D :D :D Like I said, it was a very strange and surreal experience, but I thought it was also hilarious and wanted to share that with all you fine people.

More to come when I'm able...
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion