• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The University of Clayhurst

Started by JBSimio, February 17, 2009, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBSimio

Tony:  Thank you!  I was trying to get a very generic style with the business school and it sounds like it worked out pretty well!  Good point about the upper landing... I think I will indeed leave that area fairly open.

Citycapitalizer:  Well... it should be anyway...  ::)  :D

I've had some motivational issues lately... namely the lack thereof.  I find myself itching to BAT while I'm at work, but then by the time I finally get home I no longer feel like it.  I'm hoping that will change soon and that I can start to get some things finished.  In the meantime, I decided to export the campus security building and start on the lot.  This isn't completely finished yet, but the general layout is in place.

Forgive the blotchy parts near the bottom.  That seems to be an ongoing issue with my graphics card that I just can't seem to get rid of.  (I'm hoping no one else sees these things on my buildings when you download them!)  Still a few final details to add... maybe some people and what not as well as fixing the display name in the query... but this should be pretty close to the final thing.  This lot will also feature custom "campus security" vehicle skins which were very generously donated by Nerdly_dood and are currently being modded by Swamper.  A huge thank you to both of them!  I'll be sure to show the final version later when all the finishing touches are in place.

That's about all for now...
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

joelyboy911

I'm very much looking forward to building a university when these get done.

But, take your time.
Quote from: JBSimioI've had some motivational issues lately... namely the lack thereof.

I know this all too well....

The campus security centre looks very nice, excellent BAT, excellent lot as well. Not many people have such a talent for both.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

JBSimio

Joelyboy:  Thank you!

Continuing in the quick and simple category...  ::)

Not really much to say on this one.  I think it pretty much speaks for itself.  :D

More to come...
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

Andreas

Very nice work! They would also work fine as regular police and fire departments in any small town. :)
Andreas

Jack_wilds

Hello JBSimio, Jack wilds here...

Glad to see and hear that there is some ca-motion of activity from your neck of the redwoods, too many slackers over there -ya know  :D  'jest teasin...  :P

I concur Andreas comment as they would look good as small town services. 

Really am enjoying the progress on Clayhurst, its such a neat project... I did find the 'design-engineering' department -Clayhurst has financial aid, right? so sign me up for a BS in CE to be a PE

From the Fox Valley

Jack

JBSimio

Andreas:  Thank you!  A modern set of small town services sounds like a very good idea.  I'll definitely make some alternate "standard" versions for that purpose.

Jack:  Thanks!  Consider your application approved... an admissions and welcoming packet should be arriving in Wisconsin shortly.  ;)

Alright... so the little buildings were just what I needed.  (Along with a day off, of course!)  I decided it was about time to wrap up the Swan Centre for Business Studies...

OK... OK... so it's not actually finished yet, but it's getting there!  Still a fair bit of textures to be made and a couple seen here that I'm not very happy with.  (The railing textures will definitely be changed)  I also haven't added and floors or interior walls yet, so the windows should still brighten up before this is all said and done.  Either way... things are moving forward again.  ;)

JB

XiahouDun

Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

allan_kuan1992

JBSimio, can you check to see if those doors are wide enough for some of the Ripptide Fire trucks? (especially the American ones?) Thanks.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JBSimio

dragonshardz

Maybe...public release of the university?

Andreas

Well, he said "big", but the university files are a mere 2.5 MB in compressed form...
Andreas

dragonshardz

I was thinking "big" in awesomeness and amount of epic included, not file size.

Which reminds me, I need to get another hard drive. 250GB has filled up a LOT faster than expected. Good thing my birthday is next month.

JBSimio

Well apparently the "something big" ended up being a pretty huge battle with RL for a while.  I knew it was going to be a busy month, but that was just ridiculous!  With my humblest apologies for yet another delay, Monkey Around Productions proudly presents...

Enjoy!
JB

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

SC4BOY

Well worth waiting for.. :)

Just dl'd it and look forward to seeing it "in-game".. I really don't much like the Maxis one, though its ok.. but this one..!!! vunderbar

Schulmanator

I am really impressed! You have done a lot of work for this and I think it will be a most welcome addition to the game.

Congratulations and thanks!  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

kimcar

&apls &aplsExcellent news and great to see that you did it mate. A super work Thanks :thumbsup:

Jack_wilds

Hello JBSimio, Jack wilds here...

Thank-you, greatly appreciated...
as today was less than a stellar day...  ()sad()
this job search, wanting soo bad for a new, better career track, is such a drag...  &mmm

then I find a gift on my door step -thank-you   :)

Jack  :satisfied:

Battlecat

Wonderful!  A modular university will be a great addition to my plugins!  It looks great as well!