• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Texturing tools and libraries

Started by swi21, February 14, 2007, 02:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swi21

I start this topic just in order to bring you a great tool i found a few weeks ago and tried first time last week.. It's an excellent tool to make tilling custom textures for BATs and other... It's called Bricks'n'tiles and  >>HERE<<  you can download it!

Here's a preview of it

I can't remember if someone found that before but i am convinced that this can help a lot, you BAT creators!

praiodan

Nikos, this program looks great (on first view, I don't have the time now to test it out unfortuatly  &Thk/( ) and it should help to make BATs look even more individually. Thanks for bringing this to the community's attention  :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

I have just downloaded and will try it out later. Thanks for the link.

swi21

I did the tiled roof for the Zappeion with it, the result is quite good, at least i'm very satisfyed.. It took time to find an acceptable texture.. and this one work pretty good!

Cali

ok ,quick question, if this is the right place, how can i convert jpeg images so they can be available in gmax?
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

jestarr

Google for Irfanview.  It can convert most types of graphic files to any other format.

vester

Even though I use PhotoShop, I still use IrfanView to do a lot of the more simpler functions, such as viewing, converting, cropping, rotating and resizing ect.
With the quality setting set to 50 % (jpg) in both program, the files save with IrfanView, are smaller.

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

mattb325

Thankyou swi. This looks very good...I can finally drag out the digital camera that's languishing in my hall cupboard :)

JBSimio

This looks very helpful... but I have a quick question before I take forever to DL it, Swi.  Is this dependant on an internet connection?  Last time I tried to get something similar... I downloaded it to my flash drive to install at home but couldn't use it because I have no internet at my house.  I only ask because the opening screen looks very similar.

Jon

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

swi21

Nope it's a small and simple utility, you download and install it.. no internet connexion required.. and it's free... (you don't even need to give your email for newsletters and spam crap...)

JBSimio

Great!  I picked it up yesterday... I'll have a go at it this weekend.  Thanks!

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion