• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Route des Grandes Alpes

Started by Ennedi, August 07, 2007, 04:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

One time I bought a book "Last wild places in Europe". I found there an interesting place - Queyras in France.It is a region in French Alps, near Italian border. The main peak of this area is Monte Viso in Italy.

I had 2 weeks free time and needed to go away from everything, without people, phones etc. Fortunately my wife understand such things. So I went to Queyras.
Here are some shots from this trip (only a few small parts of it along the great road - Route des Grandes Alpes. I love mountain roads).

These pictures were made by a traditional camera (Canon EOS 300) and I had to scan them, but their quality after scanning is much less than before...  &mmm

From Val d'Aosta uphill to the Col du Petit St.Bernhard

Before the pass

St. Bernhard monastery

Saint Bernhard

The way downhill: the first village - veeery big deck-chair...

...And the dog

River Isere

Val d'Isere

Buildings on slopes

The way uphill - here I met the first whistler (marmot? don't know what is correct)

Col de l'Iseran

A small chapel on the pass

The serious traffic jam near the pass

The way downhill (this place is called "La deserte")

Break time under the tree

Viewpoint

An entrance to the region: Chateau Queyras

The end point: St. Veran

St. Veran is an interesting place. It lies 2040 m above sea level and it's the highest place in Europe when people live all the year. But they have 300 sunny days every year. They have great respect to the sun - it's a source of life for them.

Three views from my room balcony

...And some random shots from trips around Queyras

Maybe it will be possible to make something loke this in sc4?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Ennedi that was a real beatiful tour of the area in Italy i thank you for showing those pic... i love them all they are so natural and scerin and peaceful... i enjoyed the river shot the most and the scanning quality is very goood IMO - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Colyn

Lovely ... thanks for sharing.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

rooker1

Very nice pictures.  In the begining I tried to keep track of which ones I liked best and very quickly lost track.  Great job.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Ennedi

Thank you very much for warm comments  :)

I would like to put some of my memories into my sc4 cities too  ;) (but it is difficult...)

And maybe someone would like to see this beautiful region? It is definitely worth to see!
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Ennedi its notta problem at all and i know for sure i would really love to see this region... The only thing difficult about doing that ennedi is not doing or trying to do it at all now that is the most difficult part - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vester

I recognize La Daille in Val d'Isere. Well the snow is missing, but those hotels is easy to recognize. You should post some pictures of the city itself. La Daille is more a satellite city, you know one of those ski resort things.

Those are some really nice pictures. Thanks for posting them.

For those of you that want to explore the route, you can find more information here: Route des Grandes Alpes

meldolion

fantasti photos! I've been a lot of time on the italian side of "piccolo San Bernardo" pass: I used to stay in La Thuile both in winter and in summer

:)

Ennedi

Quote from: patfirefghtr on August 08, 2007, 11:19:29 AM
Ennedi its notta problem at all and i know for sure i would really love to see this region... The only thing difficult about doing that ennedi is not doing or trying to do it at all now that is the most difficult part - pat

You are 100% right, Pat! But I'm trying to do something with it and I hope you will see it soon  :D

Thank you all for nice comments  ;) Vester, thanks for the link, I didn't know about the "Route des Grandes Alpes" site  :thumbsup: It is very useful and I'm sure I will use it next time. Unfortunately I haven't more pics from Val d'Isere - only these hotels from another side (with the river - in fact, Isere is not a river in this place, it's a big alpine stream). I have much more alpine (and not only) pictures, but most of them need scanning. I have about 3000 pics and scanned only 250... ;D
But if you like them, I will try to present more :)

New Horizons Productions

vester

Here is a few pictures taken from Val d'Isere.com :

An apartment complex in city center called Le Village.

The top in the back is called Bellevarde. At winter time, the face toward the village is where the legendary slope "Le Face" is.

The city centre seen from La Daille. I guess it's from either the Orange slope or the Triffolet slope.

rooker1

I would love to see more Ennedi.  And Vester, those are nice pics as well.  I live in the city (Toronto, Ontario) and don't get a chance to see too many country sides, let alone maountains like that.

Robin  ()stsfd()

Call me Robin, please.

meldolion

Ennedi,
if youi don't mind I can post some photos of La Thuile and Piccolo San Bernardo Pass...

Ennedi

Quote from: meldolion on August 11, 2007, 02:17:29 PM
Ennedi,
if youi don't mind I can post some photos of La Thuile and Piccolo San Bernardo Pass...

Yes of course Meldolion, it will be great  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions

meldolion

here there are... they date back to 2002....

:)

Ennedi

New Horizons Productions

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

vester

Girafe

I reply later but photos are very beautiful.  :thumbsup:

The Girafe lived in french Alps when it was younger, there are so beautiful landscapes and I take lot of inspiration from this region particulary for skiresort pack and flora mods.

It's a very quiet region, and I can advice it for all people who search serinity and awesome landscapes  ;)

Anyway fabulous report of hollyday   :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Rayden

Quote from: vester on August 08, 2007, 11:39:49 AM
I recognize La Daille in Val d'Isere. Well the snow is missing, but those hotels is easy to recognize. You should post some pictures of the city itself. La Daille is more a satellite city, you know one of those ski resort things.

Those are some really nice pictures. Thanks for posting them.

For those of you that want to explore the route, you can find more information here: Route des Grandes Alpes

I recognize that too, very well ;)