• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Street textures & wealth dependency

Started by vortext, December 07, 2010, 12:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place to ask, since troubles started after reading this tutorial (http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4140.20) but it seems inactive for some time now so I thought it better to start a fresh thread.

Anyway, I started to make an override for streets with wealth-dependent textures. Thus far, unzoned, rural and low wealth textures work perfectly. When it came to dirty industrial however, things got frustrating.
Beforehand I checked several ID lot examplars and they all had medium wealth and medium density for LotConfigPropertyWealthType (0x02) and LotConfigPropertyZoneType (0x08) respectively.
Using the wealth index from the Transit Texture Tutorial I figured the second last number in the texture IID should be 5 (see table below). But that didn't work. In fact, no matter what wealth number I used, streets next to an ID lot always defaulted to the low wealth texture (and the same goes for roads, which I also tried).
Somewhat at a loss, I gave every possible wealth & zone combination in the ID examplars (desc & lot) a try. The only result I got was the lot not growing at all, so it pretty much was a dead end (unless I'm no good at lot making). Adding to the frustration is the fact props from the T21's actually do show correctly around ID lots, so why won't the texture show??

I really hope there's someone who can tell me what's wrong or missing. Or maybe I misunderstood how the game uses zone & wealth to determine which texture to use, that's okay too but I really could use some clarification here  &hlp

V.

wealth index for transit textures, copied from http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4140.20

0 = No wealth..... This has no sidewalk texture underneath the road surface texture
1 = Low wealth
2 = Medium wealth
3 = High wealth
4 = Low wealth (Medium and High Density)
5 = Medium wealth (Medium and High Density)
6 = High wealth (Medium and High Density)
7 = Agriculture

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Andreas

I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like the game is using the low-wealth grass for the street textures. This is not consistent with the IDs indeed, but somehow, it makes sense, as fresh green grass probably looks out of place in a dirty industry area.
Andreas

vortext

That seems to make sense indeed but than why would the lot config hold dirty industrial is medium wealth? Otherwise, what's the point of making street textures wealth dependent if they are, in fact, overruled to be always the same. Or maybe this only holds for ID . .  &Thk/(  *makes note to self*

Do you perhaps have any idea where to look for a property that could be responsible for this persistent reverting back to low wealth? I really want to see different textures in industrial areas (not to mention time spend on making them would be kinda wasted and having to go back to the drawing board. . .) 

On a side note, I forgot to mention it's a texture override for the SAM 7 - Asphalt set, maybe that could be part of the problem?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana