• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Please Help. Dependency and Prop Mystery

Started by mitch, October 26, 2011, 12:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitch

Hi folks,
I've been trying to figure out a problem I've been having and after a few days i finally give up.
After years of playing on and off i recently purchased a new computer and steam version of the game. Gave the game a go and far no problems.
I used my Lex DVD's and installed every external and required dependency and some. After downloading tonnes of custom content off the lex i gave the game a go before Datpacking just to make sure i wasn't missing anything.

Several lots have problems. Some of NBVC's Modular Container port lots are missing props as well as franku's modular warehouse set. I am 120% certain that have the required dependencies to the point that i've reinstalling all the listed ones several times, despite having installed many of them off the lex disc. In franku's warehouse set, the models appear on other non franku lots but fail to appear in all of his.

Any ideas? &mmm

My plugins folder is about 3.25 Gb pre-datpacked, is there a limit?
is there something wrong with running a steam version of the game?
is there something currently wrong with non BSC dependencies IE PegProd superpacks?

Cheers,
Mitch

I've become desperate

jmyers2043

Quote from: mitch on October 26, 2011, 12:41:22 PM
... In franku's warehouse set, the models appear on other non franku lots but fail to appear in all of his. Any ideas? &mmm  ...

... My plugins folder is about 3.25 Gb pre-datpacked, is there a limit?
is there something wrong with running a steam version of the game?
is there something currently wrong with non BSC dependencies IE PegProd superpacks? ...

... I've become desperate ...

Re desperate:  :D   do you feel like this ->   :bomb:

Re FrankU: I'll let FrankU answer that one. But a screen grab of the lot would be helpful.

Re plugin size and datpacking: I've heard of larger plugins. I have about 2.5G

Re Steam: I don't have any experience. But I'm somewhat certain that it is OK. Question is whether you have all the Maxis updates?

Re Peg: I think peg's place is the best place for help about those dependencies. One picture = One Thousand words. 

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mitch

re desperate: lol, ya you summed it up
thanks for the quick reply jim,

I managed to sort out a bulk of my problems by re-organizing my plugins (modeled after dedgren's 3RR plugin organization). I had some conflicting and out of date stuff that was causing some havoc! However, I'm still stuck with some problems ref franku's modular warehouse set. hopefully i can resolve it while i'm in one of those absolutely infatuated with simcity moods. i just love the realistic stuff that's out there. As depicted, most of the lots work, but the 3 warehouse lots along the top are missing stuff, and i'm triple, actually quadruple sure i have all the dependencies. Any help appreciated.

cheers,

mitch

FrankU

Hi Mitch,

I found the solution. It is something that I have done wrong. I forgot to add a dependency.
When you use the complete Cogeo Logistics pack, like I have done while I made the lots, everything is ok. But if you only take the two model files and throw out the rest, you do miss something. It is the subfolder "Props" in the logistics pack. You need those props too! To be exact: you need all the props except the ones with the word "admin" in them. You can trow these out.

Maybe this is a moment to update the set with icons and a proper read me file. But that will take some days...

Thanks for the warning, I feel quite stupid that I have made such a mistake. And considering that the STEX is putting it on the next CD....

mitch

Thanks for the reply FrankU,
No need at all to feel stupid. Your stuff is great, and was more than worth the little bit of effort on my part.
Cheers,

Mitch

FrankU

In the meantime I have repaired everything that was wrong with the set and I uploaded version 1.2 to the STEX. PLease use this instead.