• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

plugins question

Started by justinrpg, January 19, 2012, 04:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

is there any way to find out what plugins are currently used in the game and which aren't?? meaning the ones that are currently in cities and ones I haven't used at all... I want to do some clean up of unused plugins but I have so many plugins and so many cities I don't know what to remove and what I currently use... is there any way to find that out???

FrankU

So you mean what plugins in your own pluginsfolder are actually used in one of your cities?
I fear there is no way to find out. If this way exists I'd like to know about it.

And if there is a way, I fear it is very troublesome to find out....

JoeST

I believe the city save files can be interrogated for what TGI's are present? if so you can do a cross comparison against that.

I seem to remember a program or something that did this for you, though I have not a clue what or where... heh

Sorry for not being more helpful

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

vortext

Quote from: JoeST on January 19, 2012, 09:23:13 AMI seem to remember a program or something that did this for you, though I have not a clue what or where...

Probably sc4 savegame explorer, though I'm not sure if it gives an easy overview for plugins used. I think Frank is right, it would be very tedious to flesh out which plugins are actually used and which aren't.

Maybe it's easier to take a carefull look at the lots present and find the corresponding readme's online and/or in the installation folder for the dependencies. Write those down and go through your plugins folder. Still tedious though.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

I think it's not worth doing.

I once askes about te possibility of a kind of "Datpacker" that checked all used files in a certain region and that then copies all neccessary files for that region into a dedicated directory. That's something you are asking for here. Maybe Wouanagaine is able to make s program like this, but I don't know if he feels like. I fear not.

In the worst case you have to live with a heavy plugins folder and/or start all over again with a new folder.

Rady

How many plugins are you talking of? Maybe you could first focus on the main plugins that you know you are using (like. Remove the rest of the plugins, start the game and then go query the brown boxes, this will give you a hint which plugin it is. Once you discovered the next 10 .. 20 plugins, move them into the plugins folder and start over again. That way you possibly can scale down the search effort. But after all, I fear it's just a heavy manual process that lays ahead of you.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps