• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mod help

Started by Althiea, January 26, 2013, 04:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Althiea

I have a problem with mods. Not all of them work, even with the dependencies. I have noticed when insttalling sometimes I get a pop up asking if I would like to reinstall as it may not have done so properly, and then gives me a recommended option. Am I doing something wrong?

vortext

Quote from: Althiea on January 26, 2013, 04:08:08 PM
I have a problem with mods.

Which mods specifically are giving you problems? It's hard to asses what's wrong without more information.

Quote from: Althiea on January 26, 2013, 04:08:08 PM
I have noticed when insttalling sometimes I get a pop up asking if I would like to reinstall as it may not have done so properly

I've gotten those pop-ups as well, especially with older installers and normally ignored it as the files were always present in the plugins folder. Did you check if the files were present as well?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Althiea

Install_BSC_MEGA_PropPack_CP_Vol01 is one that I install: get the pop up with and receive no props. It's a dependency for another mod, and I've recieved nothing from those either. It is just one of the mods I seem to have trouble with. I have a number of park props and roadside props that either have only a handful that work or none at all.

Some files are present but not all.

Althiea

Wait.... would opening a  file over saving it cause some install issues or dis-functions with props? If so, think I found my problem, it was opening them not saving them

Diggis

You'll find that the Mods work a lot in the background. BSC_MEGA_PropPack_CP isn't a mod and won't make any changes to your game. However, some stuff like terrain mods, and many lots, rely on the props that are in there. What is the mod it's the dependency of?

Check your plugins folder and see if the files appear. If you're not sure, move everything out to a folder on your desktop temporarily and install it. If it works you'll get a folder with some files in the plugins folder.

jmyers2043

Quote from: Althiea on January 26, 2013, 09:38:08 PM

Install_BSC_MEGA_PropPack_CP_Vol01 is one that I install: get the pop up with and receive no props.

He Althiea

This is what you should get when you click the installer for CP Mega Props. The 15M file contains over 100 props. The file called CP_Essentials _Family names has to do with the naming of the props and is useful when using the Maxis Lot Editor. The folder called MMP contains one small file that allows the gamer to plop trees around the landscape.

There may not be a lot of files but there is a lot packed inside that 15M file.

Quote from: Althiea on January 26, 2013, 10:20:59 PM
Wait.... would opening a  file over saving it cause some install issues or dis-functions with props?

No. If in doubt, simply install CP Mega Props again. It will simply overwrite the original files. This assumes you leave the files in the original deployed locations.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Althiea

Thank you for explaining that, now about the removal files: I have asked about it before, if all files go into the plugin would that not delete all files in that folder, as that seems to be the case if I drop a file into the plugins and run cleanitol cleanup before installing. Or do I just need to remove the removal file from the folder before I install the mod?