• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

problems please help

Started by Sigdelequa, December 27, 2007, 12:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigdelequa

Wellp, i have a few problems, my game keeps kicking me out... my city's are messing up, because my first city was great, the traffic was vanished, great transportation, but suddenly, as soon as i started my second, total melt downs, alot of commute time loss ect, so i add extra modes of transportation, and yet i still have a problem. =/ to add, one of my school props by sim i think, its the second volume, and the first as well, the flag is boxed out, i need the "maxis peace day" which i cant find. Any ideas on how to fix this commute time and how to fix the mod?
Help me serch for European buildings and other european stuff.

existenz

To help with CTD problems I found wouganaine's datpacker virtually eliminates CTD's while zooming. Is found here on the LEX. The maxis peace flags can be downloaded from th official maxis site - http://simcity.ea.com/index.php?
Annie

SC4BOY

Quote from: Sigdelequa on December 27, 2007, 12:41:03 PM
, the flag is boxed out, i need the "maxis peace day" which i cant find.

This is on the maxis site.. Day of Peace I think its called  dayopeace.dat

xxdita

Sigdelequa, I would also suggest that you be a little careful about exactly what you are downloading, to make sure that you see exactly how one mod works at a time, independant of any others, and then how it works with others. Some are redundant, some are arch-enemies. Make sure you check the ReadMe files that come with most, to make sure you get as much information as you can, to know what you're getting yourself into.
Actually, most any mod has it's own set of drawbacks, that you have to learn to deal with, much like learning to play the game all over again, and sometimes completely altering the playing style that you're used to. Remember, Maxis put it's own set of balances in when designing the game, and anything altering that will have an impact on that balance, no matter how great the mod is, with the exception of CAM, which seems to be the one mod out there there actually brings back most of the intended balance. But even with CAM there is plenty to learn.