• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

City Loading Problem

Started by Jim94, December 27, 2007, 07:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim94

i have a problem when i load my city and it goes back to the desktop.
ive deleted my city, but it still happens.
i have a lot of organized plugins.
i have only 2 missing items when i scan my plugins folder with the Cleanitol.
Can some1 help me??!      :angrymore:  &hlp   &sly   >:(   "$Deal"$   %wrd   /wrrd%& ???   ()what()   %confuso   :'(  &cry2  :(  ()sad()

xxdita

A crash to desktop could happen for numerous reasons, being anything from a bootlegged copy downloaded online, not enough system resources to run the game, a deleted mod that you've used previously in the city... oohhh my last CTD was when I forgot to move my PlugIns after a fresh DatPack. That was fun.
Is this only happening with the one city? If so, then you may want to start a new region with the same map, and just copy the existing cities over to it, except of course the problem square. Of course you'd have to play each city for a minute to get the region counts corrected.

Jim94

yup...only 1 city in the region, or it must be something in my plugins folder. Im still testing which file was the problem.

jmyers2043

I had a similar problem a long time ago. I had a seaport and plopped it in a city. Played the city for a week or two. Then decided I didn't like the seaport. Deleted it from my plugins before I demolished it from my city. Wrong order – big mistake. I should have demolished it from the city then deleted it from my plugins. Could not open the city at all afterwards. All I can say is that the reasons for a CTD is something that you'll have to sort out. Not only that, but the reason for your crash may not be in the plugins anymore. Good Luck. Remember to post here what and if you find as someone may find it useful at some future time.

You may want to think about what is different from this city (which doesn't work)  and the others in your region which still work.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Jim94

finally. it was something in my C:/Program Files/Maxis/SC4/Plugins.
the file was called "CP_Diagonal Fix_STANDARD"
does somebody know what the link is, i forgot?   :)