• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ploppable custom intersections [for roads]

Started by jutrock, July 15, 2008, 10:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jutrock

as i review this post, i feel as if i should apologize for its length.  read on if you dare.

ok i'd like to preface this thread by saying that if i had any ability or knowledge to do this myself i would.  i'm hoping someone who does gets interested. ;)

ok so anyway.  i have this habit of like noticing things around my area while driving that i want in the game.  i noticed that where i am from [a philadelphia, pa suburb], many intersections are varied in design [median-splits, jughandles, yields for right-hand turns, etc].  now i have quickly made one possible design [mind the poor photoshopping].  here it is.  afterwards you will find an explaination.

ok now so the intersection on the left is the default t intersection in the game [add turn lanes per nam].  now i noticed the other day an intersection like the one on the right.  now the actual piece is within a blue box [2 x 3 squares].  in the middle is a concrete median which splits the road in two at the intersection.  now the left turn for the left-bound lane in the picture could [in some cases] have a turn lane, but in most cases the shoulder widens to let non-turning traffic through.  the down-bound lane in the picture has a stop sign [noted by the red dot].  now the inspiration for this intersection is at an area where most traffic is going in ways such that the design is more efficient than a traffic light.  i think a piece [or set of pieces] like this would be a good addition to the game.

now, i am completely open to suggestions, criticisms, ideas, etc.  and please feel free to post your own ideas, i'd love to see a pack of pieces.

Tarkus

jutrock, we've got those all over the place too here in Oregon.  They're a pretty common sight many places.  The best way to implement them would be through some sort of puzzle pieces, or its even possible a draggable means could be developed for some of them--either way, implemented as part of the NAM.  They'd be quite easy to make, too. 

And no need to apologize on post length . . . I'm all too guilty of verbose postings myself. :D

(Edit: I've moved the thread over here to NAM Place, since this would be something the NAM Team would probably be addressing.)

-Alex (Tarkus)