• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Corrupt file

Started by ovekanegra, March 09, 2007, 07:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovekanegra

Hi
I've downloaded the Jacky's Kabin Reward 4 times now and I still can't unzip it. Corrupt file message every time! I'll try again when I'm allowed  :-[ (tomorrow?) could somebody check the file just in case it's not me.
I've never had this problem before, and I've been downloading plenty in the few day's since I've known this site.
A big thanks to all the team that run it for the quality of the material here, enhancements that do not unbalance the game are so welcome.
Regards.
Ovekanegra
You never know what is enough.
Until you know what is more than enough.
W Blake

Serkanner

I am afraid the problem is at your end. I have just downloaded and opened the zip file without a problem. Hope you will succeed next time.

ovekanegra

W Blake

ovekanegra

Hate to say this but I've checked everything at this end and try as I might I can't download this file without the Kabin .dat and .SC4lot files being irretrievably corrupted (can't repair them) It seems to download too fast compared to any other given file of similar size. I can't make sence of it because everything else from BSC exchange downloads fast and glitch free ()what(). I 'm away for a week so I'll try again when I get back. would anyone be prepared to simply attach this file to an email so I can just install it and be done with it? Please PM me if so :)
Regards
Ovekanegra
W Blake

callagrafx

What Zip software are you using to decompress the file?  I've just downloaded the file, decompressed with Winzip and the XP compressed folder option and I also tried the freebie 7-Zip.  All worked fine.  Are you using any form of downloader software/plugin to retreive the file?  If you are still having no luck, PM me with your email address and I'll send it on to you.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

ovekanegra

I'm using winrar as a rule, but using winzip does not help either, the data just does not come down.
I use Firefox browser/download manager and winrar to unzip, I've used this combination as my default for years and succesfully downloaded/unzipped hundreds of packages from BSC and STEX like this, not to mention thousands of files that have nothing to do with SC4. I don't think I've ever had this problem before with anything, including files of several hundred MBs.
Frankly I'm at a loss to explain why this little file will not behave for me. All I can say is that it does seem to download too fast, ie instantly, rather than lagging about 3 seconds which any other file from BSC of around 500-600k does.  &mmm
W Blake

callagrafx

Extremely bizarre, as I am using FF (version 2) and Winzip.  However, I have emailed the file to you.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

ovekanegra

As you say bizarre!
I've run the file you emailed me and it went perfectly (great no more gap in reward chain ;D)
Guess we will never know, I'll try downloading it from the site again in a week just to see if the glitch is still there.
Thanks for all the help.
W Blake